Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond smacks the ratman on the side of the head with the flat of Deathwail, and the unfortunate creature staggers like a drunk but doesn't go down. Its unpredictable wobbling stymies Majenko; the ratman steps out of the way just as the pseudodragon strikes with his stinger, causing him to miss.

[sblock=OOC]
Edmond guisarme attack 18+8=26. I need to check if PF still gives -4 to nonlethal attacks with lethal weapons, but he still hits even with this penalty.
Damage 2d4+6+1 = 13 nonlethal.

Majenko sting attack 5+6=11, miss

The ratman misses its turn due to Manachan's spell.

Brindom brings up the end of this round, then its Manachan, Edmond and Dj'hân to go before the hapless wererat. I'll be surprised if its still standing, but you never know!

So far there's not been a great deal of noise, as none of the opponents have had a chance to strike back.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond swings Deathwail again, hoping to drop the thing before it raises alarm. Those perceptive enough may notice telltale glow of magic around the blade of the weapon.

[sblock=DrSimon]
Damage 2d4+6+1 = 13 nonlethal.

I think it should be +2, no? power blow with two handed weapon gives +2 for every -1 (or did it change in PF?)

Repeat the attack, use Brute Gauntlets power to get +2 to attack and damage (use -2 power blow for +4 to damage if the rat is still flat footed). Also, channel Touch of Fatigue (Fort DC 15 negates) to make it fatigue
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edomond strikes again, but the ratman has shaken off Manachan's spell effect, and is aware enough to duck the blade of Deathwail.

[sblock=OOC]
Edmond glaive attack, +2 from gloves, -2 from Power Attack, -4 for nonlethal attempt, 5+5=10, miss (even touch AC)

You are right about the Power Attack; actually you get more.

In PF, the Power Attack feat grants a +2 bonus to damage to every -1 penalty to attack, raised by x1.5 for tw-handed weapons. So Edmond actually gets +3 damage for every -1 penalty. However, PF also limits the scale according to Base Attack Bonus - You can only take a -1 penalty to attacks, raised by one for every 4 points of BAB. So with a BAB of +4, Edmond can, at most, take a -2 attack penalty to gain a +4 damage bonus (raised to +6 for a two-handed weapon).

I factored the extra 2 points of damage in from last time.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

No powerblow this time, since the rat is aware, but I don't think additional 2 would help hitting.

Silence spell anyone?

"Bind those fallen, they won't stay down for long. Majenko, maybe you can prolong their slumber?"

"You, ratman, we're here for the woman, your friends are not dead and I did not cut you, but if you scream, you die. Surrender and we'll leave you bound here with the rest!"

OOC: Sense Motive +7 to 'see' if this would work.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]You are right about the Power Attack; actually you get more.

In PF, the Power Attack feat grants a +2 bonus to damage to every -1 penalty to attack, raised by x1.5 for tw-handed weapons. So Edmond actually gets +3 damage for every -1 penalty. However, PF also limits the scale according to Base Attack Bonus - You can only take a -1 penalty to attacks, raised by one for every 4 points of BAB. So with a BAB of +4, Edmond can, at most, take a -2 attack penalty to gain a +4 damage bonus (raised to +6 for a two-handed weapon).[/sblock]

[sblock=Power Attack]It's worth noting, as well, that in PF Power Attack is 'On' or 'Off.' You no longer have the option of choosing how much or how little of the penalty and bonus you use.[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Dj'hân is in the wrong square. Majenko was carrying him in his hat until just a moment ago, so they should be in the same square.

Seeing that the remaining ratman is coming out of his stuppor and about to act, Dj'hân conjures and directs a frigid north wind to envelop the creature and its nearby dazed companions.

OOC: Dj'hân acts just before the ratmen, taking a five foot step to the left and blasting 3, 4 & 5 with a 15-ft cone of cold; 2d6 damage; Ref DC 15 half.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Before the ratman can reply to Edmond, it is hit by a blast of frigid air and slumps to the ground, unconscious but rimed in frost. The freezing wind also catches the two huge rats and the third ratman, all lying on the floor after Edmond's spell. In their unconscious state they can do nothing to resist the spell. The rats become frozen rat carcasses, but the ratman may still be alive.

[sblock=OOC]
For some reason I though Majenko had deposited Dj'hân by the entrance, my mistake.

Dj'hân ice damage 2d6=9 to ratmen #2, #3 and dire rats #4, #5 (#2 was a bit unclear on the previous map, but in the path).

Ratman #2 under the influence of Majenko's sleep venom.
Ratmen #2 is damaged, and unconscious from the colour spray.
Ratman #3 is unconscious from a mix of lethal and nonlethal damage.

Dire rats (#4 and #5), dead.

Note that anything moving in an adjacent square to the shrieker (X) will set it off. There are tiny-sized holes leading out of the northeast wall, or a medium hole where the sewage flows.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Sewers 4.jpg
    Sewers 4.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 48

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân, breathing heavily, looks up at Edmond, shrugs sheepishly and whispers. "I was afraid what he might do if he didn't agree with your offer. Sorry."

Without delay, Majenko rushes forward and stings the ratmen laid low by the holy knight's spell before it has a chance to recover.

OOC: Assuming the subdued ratmen are subsequently dispatched...

Scurrying quietly around the edges of the rough-hewn niche, the pseudodragon quietly studies the sewage tunnel and then the tiny cracks in the northeast wall. A thought crosses each person's mind in turn. It seems that we may still have the element of surprise. How about you big-uns stay here and search these ones while Dh'jân and I scout ahead a bit, hopefully locate the old woman and see what obstacles lie in the way? And mind the purple mushroon over there. Majenko motions towards the offending fungus with his barbed tail.

Neurotic

OOC: Edmond would strongly object on killing the helpless even as vile as they may be. Most of them are just trying to survive, if they were bent on making more were's, the surface is ripe for the taking.

Edmond smiles mirthless smile as the ratman drops.
"Remind me not to freighten you anymore, little bear."

And as response to Majenko he whispers
"Don't kill them! We will leave them here, bound and gagged. I realize they may free themselves later by changing, but if we subdue them enough they'll be unconcious for some time. Manachan can see to that with his fists. I'm not about to leave the trail of dead people who are maybe only trying to get the healer who won't judge them. You have time until we're finished binding them. Scout away!"

OOC: shouldn't ratmanconvert into human forms when unconcious?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases