Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
If Dj'ahn is in the air is it possible to catch three (5, 2 and 3) ratmen from Edmond current position in another color spray?

If not, repeat the attack vs leader with channeled shocking grasp.

Edmond sees Brindom go down, aware that young priest took unnecessary risk using the spell that protects him and then taking point. His rage manifests as yet another charge of lightning as he swings toward Girrigz
[sblock=Spell count]
(and this would be by my count my next to last 1st level spell (shocking grasp vs vampires, color spray vs ratmen, shocking grasp vs ratman leader) gives 3/5
[/sblock]

Sorry about the delay, didn't notice it's my turn.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond lunges forwards with his guisarme, skewering the were-rat leader. His rage seems to power his magic as a massive blast of lightning bursts across Girrigz's body, which jolts and jerks to the floor, where it lies, smoking and inert.

[sblock=OOC]
Technically, Dj'hân needs to land to act, so probably isn't flying at this moment. I don't want to get too rule-mongery about it though, obviously he doesn't fly in short hops if he's just moving about.

Edmond Miss chance 20%= 22
Guisarme attack 17+9=26, hit for 2d4+6 = 10 damage
Shocking grasp 4d6=18 damage.

Next up:
Dj'hân
Then Majenko starts off the next round since Girrigz is dead.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân cries out in shock. "Brindom!" Motes of frost quickly coalesce in the swirling air around the hovering urchin. Pinwheeling his tiny arms once to gather up the storm, he quickly unleashes it at the two remaining ratmen standing before him.

OOC: 15-ft cone of cold; 2d6 damage; Ref DC 15 half. Dj'hân doesn't need to land to act; he merely hovers.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Hissing at his frustratingly resilient foe, the pseudodragon whips his long sinuous tail about, feinting to the left and right before finally thrusting its barbed tip it at the ratman before him.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The wererat closest to Dj'hân seems more preoccupied with the fall of its leader, and so takes the full brunt of the ice storm. The one further away fighting Manachan ducks behind its opponent but still gets a dusting of ice crystals to its fur. Both wererats survive, although they look worried.

[sblock=OOC]
Dj'hân cone of cold 2d6=10.

I misremembered the flight categories - Dj'hân is average maneuvrability until he reaches Sprite 3 where it becomes perfect. For some reason I though only perfect maneuvrability could hover and attack; perhaps its in AE under the rules for sprites, because it isn't under the rules for flight. However, under PF, to hover requires a DC 15 check with the Fly skill, so I'll use that. Dj'hân can attack on the "wing", but he needs to move in the same round to remain aloft, or make a hover check.

Edit: Found it in Arcana Evolved, only those with Perfect or Good maneuvrability can hover. I'd amend this under Pathfinder - those with Perfect or Good manuevrability can hover without making a Fly check.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Quite right, Dj'hân must technically succeed on a DC 15 fly skill check to hover; which he can accomplish automatically by taking 10. Even if he were to roll he'd succeed about 80% of the time. If you insist on rolling every round he hovers, leading him to inexplicably fall out of the sky, on average, once every five rounds then I guess I'll drop an extra three ranks into the skill ASAP.

...And I believe you missed Majenko's action in your last post.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Eventually, one of Majenko's strikes hits the wererat. Its eyes roll back in its head and it slumps to the floor.

The one facing Dj'hân decides to push its way past the tiny urchin and heads for the northern exit of the room. The one facing Manachan continues to edge backwards across the cave, with a series of probing jabs with its shortsword that seem aimed more for defence than attack.

[sblock=OOC]
As I said, I'm not too worried about precise aeriel position for Dj'hân. If the floor was lava or something harmful, I would probably require checks for hovering, but not in this case. And I did miss Majenko's action. Oops.

Majenko sting attack 19+6=25, hit for 1 damage. ratman fails Fort save.

Wererat #2 Overrun Dj'hân. CMB total 12 vs CMD 11, in case Dj'hân tries to intervene. Dj'hân gets an AoO, although I don't know if he can with his "breath" weapon.

Wererat #4, 5ft. step back, shortsword attack on Manachan, miss.

Next up:
Manachan
Brindom's stabilising check
Edmond
Dj'hân
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Having finally equipped himself with a weapon that seems effective against the creatures, Manachan pursues his foe relentlessly.

[sblock=OOC]Attack again with dagger: +4 Attack, 1d4-1 Damage.
Much as I hate to give up that point of damage, Core Rules still has alchemical silver as -1 damage. :.-([/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I remembered where I got that from - there's an errata on the Paizo boards for this adventure path. Girrigz is using a silver rapier which somebody pointed out should be at -1 damage. James Jacobs replyed that, yes, it should, but he'd always thought that was a needless rule. Which is why I assumed he'd get rid of it in Pathfinder. Since I forgot to apply it to Girrigz, I'm happy to waive it for Manachan.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Manachan presses his advantage, but the wererat evades most of his attacks and only gets a slight scratch.

[sblock=OOC]
Manachan dagger attack 19+4=23, hit. Critical confirm 8+4=12, no crit.
1d4 damage =1
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases