Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave - Page 64





  1. #631
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,597
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    OOC: Do you want to heal everyone to full? If so, can you all let me know how much you think you are wounded. It will just take one charge to get Brindom on his feet again.

    Whilst Dj'hn uses his wand, and then searches the rat-hole, Mamusia Lela gestures to the captive wererats.

    "What do you plan to do with these?" she asks Edmond.
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

 

  • #632
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,046
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    "Give them a chance. I'll separate them and ask them same as of the first one. If they behave, we won't come back for them. I'm hoping Brindom can distinguish those so deeply in the clutches of the evil curse they are irredeemable. At worst, I'll take them to trial, but I'm afraid that would just mean quick death.

    I'll make them see the wisdom of cooperating with me as their pack leader with agreed upon contact. Hopefuly, there aren't any close relatives that would want revenge.

    How are you? Do you know why were you taken? And do you have any other suggestion regarding weres?"

  • #633
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    Brindom stirs as his health is returned to him. His eyes flutter open and he gasps in pain grasping his shoulder.

    "The spell I got to..."
    he starts to say before noticing he is lying on the floor. He turns his head to see Dj'hn standing near him, wand in hand and a big grin on his face.

    "Thank, thank you Dj'hn." he says slowly trying to rise.

    OOC: Current HP please.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #634
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,215
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    OOC: I have Manachan down 7 (22/29 before Level Up).
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #635
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Ambrus
    OOC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Simon
    OOC: Do you want to heal everyone to full?
    OOC: Yup. That's what the wand is for.

    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMan View Post
    OOC: Current HP please.
    OOC: You tell us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Simon
    can you all let me know how much you think you are wounded.
    OOC: Dj'hn is down by four hit points.
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

  • #636
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,597
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    Mamusia Lela shrugs her shawl over her shoulders.

    "I heard this one," she nudges Girrigz's body with her foot, "claim that they could ransom me, I think they have heard that I am well-respected amongst the Varisians, although I am just an old healer and nobody special. But he gloated to me that somebody wanted me out of the way, who I could not say.

    "I will agree with whatever you think best for the rats,"
    she says to Edmond. "I would think that they should go to see Eries Yelloweyes, who has some better ideas for wererats and humans to get along than this one did. But that is just my opinion."

    OOC

    First use of wand on Brindom heals 1d8+1 =7 points (it is CL 1st, right?). I'll adjudicate the rest tomorrow.
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #637
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    Fully healed Brindom stands silently wondering what he missed as he was out. It looks like the group succeed in rescuing Mamusia Lela without him. And even saved his life.

    "I'm sorry I wasn't any help. Maybe I shouldn't be out doing this adventuring stuff." He states embarrassed.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #638
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,046
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    "Now, don't you underestimate yourself. You took the hits that would take me down. Therefore, you did more to win then I did. It's only coincidence that I had the weapon that could hurt them.

    You did well and bravely. You all did."
    Edmond includes the rest of the group in his praise

    "Mamusia, there could be some minor bites from the wererats on us. Do you know some way to prevent the curse from taking hold? Let's take you home."

  • #639
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,597
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    When offered the choice, all the wererats promise to vist Eries and claim that they were misled by Girrigz. You suspect some of them may not be telling the truth, but with their leader dead and their cache of weapons broken up there is little that they can do for now.

    Later that same night, the group gathers in Edmond's kitchen to hear what Mamusia Lela has to say whilst she brews up a concoction to help with rat bites. ("This will not be a sure cure but it will help. If you contract the curse, you will need magic to remove it.") Old Jeremiah helps her, although the two merely argue over the correct ingredients.

    "When we met before, the young gentleman's Harrowing suggested that there was something I knew that may be important. So I racked my brains for what it might be, and then I realised.

    "I asked young Brienna what she had been doin before she got the sickness, and eventually she told me that she had found a chest broken down by the shore. Others had found silver there, spilled from the chest, but by the time Brienna got there she only found a single piece, a fortune still for her, trodden into the mud.

    "And so I thought, and I listened. Others too along the river bank had found this silver sent by providence. And I remembered - do you recall the rumours of a ghost ship sailing up the Jeggare? Or some say pirates. But there was truth in the rumours. A ship had tried t sail up the river in the dead of night, and it had been sunk by a catapult shot from the walls. I found people who had seen it for real, and heard that the ship had no-one aboard, and showed a single orange lantern. I asked those who knew. An orange lantern is the sign of a plague ship. I believe this ship may have been the source of the plague, but I cannot be sure. Perhaps within its wreckage there are clues about how to fight this illness. And I can tell you that too, the spot where this ship went down."


    Deyanira, the young Varisian woman, gives a polite cough.

    "Ah, yes. Young Deyanira here has a problem too, I thought perhaps you young gentlemen might be able to help. Deyanira, explain to the young gentlemen."

    "A few days ago my brother was hired by a noble family to play at a ball they were holding - he's a fine musician, and much in demand amongst the gentry. But he didn't come back when he was supposed to. I went to the mansion where he was playing and it was all locked up, and now it's harder for us Varisians to get about the city. The Mamusia said that you knew people in the Guard, perhaps you could find out what happened to him?"

    OOC

    It takes 14 charges to heal everyone to full, no 1s rolled. Everyone who needs to roll makes their saving throws against lycanthropy and filth fever.
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #640
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    "Thank you for your assistance Mamusia Lela," Brindom says taking another sip of the brew she had whipped up. "Your theory about the ship does hold a lot of credit and we could look into it as well as ask about Deyanira's brother in the morning. What do you think Edmond?"
    Last edited by HolyMan; Tuesday, 22nd March, 2011 at 06:34 PM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 64 of 171 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC
      By Dr Simon in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 1102
      Last Post: Saturday, 16th August, 2014, 12:16 PM
    2. Curse of the Crimson Throne
      By mxyzplk in forum Story Hour
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Sunday, 4th October, 2009, 03:08 AM
    3. Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne (OOC)
      By Malvoisin in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 397
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th April, 2009, 06:11 AM
    4. Curse of the Crimson Throne Conversion
      By ArchAnjel in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Sunday, 20th July, 2008, 10:07 PM
    5. Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne (RG)
      By Malvoisin in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Friday, 29th February, 2008, 05:45 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •