Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Underwater shipwrecks, eh?" chips in Ol' Jeremiah. "Reckon I could whip you boys up a few scrolls to help with that."

[sblock=OOC]
I've updated the map in the first post to include the new locations, up to you which, if either, you decide to pursue first.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Sure, we'll look into it. Which noble house? And yes, Jeremiah, that would be appreciated. How soon can you get them?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I should add a couple of notes to the above. Edmond and Dj'hân both know of House Carowyn; it's one of the minor noble houses with nowhere near the influence of the likes of Jeggare, Erabasti or Arkona. They also know where the manor is, down in South Shore.

You could either investigate this whilst waiting for Jeremiah to produce the scrolls of water breathing, or wait and investigate the wreck first, as you may also have buying and selling to do, or procure water breathing some other way.

Neurotic

"Let's make ourselves presentable and visit this house tomorrow, OK? They are minor nobles, I might be able to simply ask for an audience for 'future mutually useful endeavors".

Dr Simon

Explorer
The next morning, cleaned and healed, the group heads down to South Shore, where the rich folks live. Here, the streets are broad boulevardes under dappled shade, and the houses are large and well-spaced.

Carowyn Manor is a fairly typical town house for the Old Nobility; somehow managing to be grand without imposing. The front is decorated with hangings of red drapes and cinderberry garlands. The large hardwood front doors stand closed. A tall hedge delineates the grounds, and rooftops hint at some outbuildings.

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân, peeking over Edmond's shoulder from the relative safety of the holy knight's backpack, looks at the manor gate and his licks his lips in anticipation. The urchin seems to suddenly sprout a serpent as Majenko snakes his saurian head out from under Dj'hân's stocking cap's brim. The pseudodragon blinks in the bright daylight as he tastes the air curiously with his forked tongue. "You want we should fly up and take a peek around the place first?"

Neurotic

OOC: I don't think I would go to noble visit with weapons and everything. Consider (if there is room) stashing everything in your cap, backpack is definitely out of question.

"Yes, please, just take care not to be caught. And hurry, we'll wait across the street."

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: It's certainly possible to stash everyone's weaponry (carefully sheathed of course) in Dj'hân's cap. Probably most of everyone's armour too if desired.

The urchin grins impishly at the prospect of skulking around a rich manorhouse. "Will do!" With that simple assurance the urchin rises quickly out of Edmond's backpack atop a sudden gust of wind that ruffles the holy knight's hair and loose clothing.

Together the tiny companions drift swiftly along the ground to disappear into the hedge's dense foliage. From that vantage point they study the interior yard's layout; deciding on the most discreet and efficient route from which to approach and spy through the various buildings' windows. When the coast seems clear they set out on a stealthy circuit around the manorial grounds.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The first thing that Dj'hân and Majenko discover is that the box hedge hides a fence of spiked metal railings - not a problem for them but these would prove difficult for larger folk trying to get through/over.

Inside is a fairly well-managed garden, with a single story outbuilding in one corner, and a gazebo in the other. There is no-one about, and Dj'hân notes that many of the flowering plants are in want of dead-heading, suggesting that the garden has been neglected for a few days.

The manor house itself is a two-storey affair with a couple of balconies on the upper floor and some impressive bay windows. For some reason all the curtains are drawn, but Dj'hân is able to see through a gap in one of the downstairs rooms. There are eight people seated around a dining table, dressed as if for a masked ball. Four of them don't move at all, the other four seem to mechanically spooning food up from a plate, most of which dribbles out of their mouths again. There is an unhealthy pallor to their skin.

Attachments

• Carowyn Manor Ground Floor.jpg
    Carowyn Manor Ground Floor.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Carowyn Manor Upper Floor.jpg
    Carowyn Manor Upper Floor.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 51

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases