Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Ack! A Gazebo! I nail it with my crossbow. :]

Dj'hân glides back a few moments later to alight on Edmond's shoulder. "There's a main house, two stories and an outbuilding; maybe a servants' house or carriage house. Both are shut tight with the curtains drawn. The yard is nice but looks like it hasn't been tended since the ball. I peeked in through the dinning room window and it don't look good; there's a handful of guests still there in their costumes but it looks like the reaper got em in the middle of the meal. Though some of em are still moving, I think they're the dancing dead now..."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Part of me wonders if the garden features a gazebo for that very reason...

Poor guy! :) Everybody shoots gazebo's now. He's famous.

"Good. Can you let us in? Everyone, prepare for undead (again)."

OOC: Sorry, still no update, I'm working on it. :(

Ambrus

Explorer
Part of me wonders if the garden features a gazebo for that very reason...
OOC: Them gazebos are über-bad mofos I hear.

How's about it Doc? Can Dj'hân open the main gate from the inside? Likewise, is their a door, window, chimney or coal chute through which Dj'hân could enter the house so as to go and open the front door?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: First observations, Paizo really haven't designed a very realistic house. Second observations, actually, there are fireplaces, but probably not nearly as many as there should be.

There are two chimney stacks. Dj'hân reckons one of them will lead to the dining room of the dead, the other on the other side of the house. No fires are lit. No windows open.

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Our tabletop group was playing through Runelords 3 the other day when while scouting, on a hunch, I checked behind a waterfall and so found a series of secret tunnels leading into the enemy's stronghold. The same thing happened in Runelords 2 when I discovered a underground chamber at the bottom of a well. When asked how I knew they were there I pointed out a D&D fallacy; things like waterfalls, toilets and wells, though they should be commonplace sights in most any fantasy RPG environment, rarely if ever show up on maps unless they're concealing something. :cool:[/sblock]

OOC: After opening the front gate and checking to make sure the manor door's not unlocked, Dj'hân will slip down the dining hall chimney with Majenko in his hat. The dinners don't seem particularly attentive and so shouldn't be too hard to sneak past I imagine/hope.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The front door is locked from the outside, so it looks like Dj'hân's inside job is called for. He drops down the chimney into the ghoulish dining room, tinged with a hint of decay. The animated diners don't seem to notice the tiny figure, transfixed as they are by going through the motions of "eating" their congealed dinner.

There are four exits from this room - a set of double doors leading into the heart of the house, two smaller doors leading off on either side, and an archway through into what seems to be a servery of some kind.

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân, with Majenko in tow, will approach, listen at and then try and quietly slip through the double doors; surmising that they lead to the manor's entrance hall.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom waits with the others worried about what trouble all of them might get into this time. He has his bow in hand an arrow nocked.

[sblock=OOC] So that's a no to shopping first correct? [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 48/48
AC: 19
Fort: +5
Reflex: +4
Will: +7
BAB: +3
CMB: +3
CMD: 16

WEAPONS:
longbow +8, 1d8 (arrows 20/20)
short sword +3, 1d6

Abilities:
channel energy(3d6) 5/5
Touch of Good 6/6
Calming Touch 6/6

ITEMS:
holy water: 2/2
potions(2) clw-1d8+1
scrolls(2) cmw- 2d8+3
wand of remove disease 50/50

SPELLS:
0- light, detect magic, resistance, stabilize
1- magic weapon, entropic shield, sanctuary, shield of faith, d- bless
2- hold person, calm emotions, spiritual weapon, d- shield other
3- water walk, water breathing, d- prayer
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Dj'hân and Majenko sneak past the "dining" zombies, through the double doors into the main hall of the manor. Here, six masked figures are engaged in a shambling dance to silent music, across a dance floor covered in dried blood. There are several doors and passages off from this lushly decorated room.

Dj'hân and Majenko are able to sneak past under a staircase that leads up to a balcony on the upper floor, around to where the front door is. As they are unbolting the door from the inside, the shuffling footsteps of the dancers changes. They have turned in Dj'hân's direction and begin to stumble towards him.

Attachments

• Carowyn Manor Ground Floor 1.jpg
    Carowyn Manor Ground Floor 1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 55

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases