Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Sorry for not responding sooner. I stopped receiving post updates by email from enworld for some reason so I wasn't aware that the game had continued to progress. If I may, it'd be helpful to know from which side of the wraparound balcony the Jester attacked. I believe most of the party is underneath the south-side overhang, so I imagine she's not directly above us. Since she seems to have broken line of sight with the party, might Dj'hân and Majenko be able to split up, discreetly fly up to the balcony to either side of her position and try sneaking up on her?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Map updated. Note that I chose a "J" for MaJenko's marker to avoid confusion with Manachan, forgetting that I was also using a "J" for the Harley Quinn woman. However, Majenko's is in the red/white text for the PCs whereas hers is the lime green/black of NPCs, so it should be obvious on the map. Her position is conjectural on her having stepped back (left) one sqaure from where she fired.

So far, this round only Manachan has declared.

Manachan - ready Heavenly Fire.

Initiative order otherwise:
Dj'hân
Edmond
Brindom
Zombies
Jester Woman

Attachments

• Carowyn Manor 6.jpg
    Carowyn Manor 6.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 56

Ambrus

Explorer
The air around the group suddenly goes still as Dj'hân's is momentarily bewildered by the unexpected strike from above. Spinning swiftly in place, the urchin's normally cherubic features contort into a visage of childish rage when he spots the jester on the balcony. Suddenly, the air around the group surges violently as Dj'hân begins to rise. A stray thought crosses the child's furious mind. Drive her towards the right. Arcing up over the staircase, Dj'hân briefly catches a fleeting glimpse of a draconic shape arcing up to the left before loosing sight of it somewhere amidst the balcony's ornate guardrail. The swirling air around Dj'hân heats up as he rises up towards the ceiling. Reaching out as if the gather up the wind around him, the angry urchin is ready to unleash a searing sirocco towards the jester.

OOC: Dj'hân arcs up diagonally towards the ceiling to the square 3 spaces left and 1 down as a move action and then unleash a line of fire at the Jester as a standard action (3d6 damage; Ref DC 17 half). On his turn (whenever that is) Majenko will moving stealthily up to the square 2 spaces to the left. He'll attempt to hide amidst the guardrail's posts and mouldings and ready an action to surprise/sting any enemies who close within 5-ft of his position.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond tries to finish off zombies, stepping back and hewing with Deathwail.

OOC: normal attack vs nearest zombie. Ideal if he could drop it so it slows down the other one :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom draws an arrow and steps back watching the balcony. If this mad crossbow-woman tries to attack again he stands ready.

OCC: Actions I think are explained, LOL but just in case. Ready action to attack woman should she show her masked face.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Dj'hân fires a blast of scorching air at the jester, blackening the Carowyn's fine woodwork and hangings. The jester woman backflips neatly out of the way and emerges unscathed.

"Oh, how adorable you are," she giggles, swigs from a potion bottle and vanishes from sight (although not to Majenko's keen draconic senses).

Meanwhile, down on the ground floor, Edmond cuts down another of the zombies in the dining room, leaving just one that clambers over the body of its fallen comrade to get to Edmond. In doing so it comes within reach of Deathwail and Edmond neatly lops off its head.

But as the last dining zombie falls, there is a moaning from behind Manachan. From the doorways across the main hall, three more zombies come staggering, dressed as a lion, lioness and a peacock. These three are faster. They lurch across the hall and rain down blows on the nearest living thing - Manachan. Even his evasive skills aren't enough to save him from a battering.

[sblock=OOC]
Manachan - ready Heavenly Fire

Dj'hân - line of fire damage 3d6=10, Jester Woman saves (and evades...)

Edmond - glaive attack on #1, 12+9=21, hits for 2d4+6=12 damage. #1 destroyed.

Brindom - ready bow.

Jester Woman - drink potion, becomes invisible. Marker on map is her last known position.

Majenko - Stealth check 16+19=35

Zombie #2 moves to attack Edmond, provokes AoO. Edmond AoO 20+9=29, critical check 10+9=19, critical for 6d4+18=33 damage. #2 is destroyed.

Three new zombies (3,4,5) emerge from northern room

Zombie #3 attack Manachan, hit for 6 damage.

Zombie #4 attack Manachan, miss.

Zombie #5 attack Manachan, hit for 8 damage.

Note that Manachan and Brindom were readying to attack the jester, but they can get off an attack against the new zombies instead if you prefer, which might negate some of the above.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Carowyn Manor 7.jpg
    Carowyn Manor 7.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 75

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân spins around in place when the oddly dressed zombies emerge. For a moment the urchin seems torn between pressing his attack against the jester and aiding his companions below. Finally the child squares his shoulders and sinks slowly towards the floor as the warm air swirls around him violently. Motioning towards the trio, Dj'hân unleashes a whirling gale upon the three dancing dead.

OOC: 5-ft step down, 15-ft cone of fire; 3d6%2 damage; Ref DC 17 half; entangling exhalation feat. Majenko continues to ready while relaying telepathically to Dj'hân the invisible Jester's position.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases