Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Are you hurt?" Brindom asks looking to see if he can tell if the man is wounded. "I'm a priest of Erastil allow us to help you."

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân first fits the set of manacles on the jester's wrists behind her back and then withdraws the Harrow deck from his hat so as to assess the magical nature of the Jester's belongings. He then systematically removes all of her gear while simultaneously searching her person for anything she may have concealed. Majenko assists in the search while keeping a close eye on her; his barbed tail ever at the ready.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The pallette knife drops from the man's hands and he falls to his knees.

"They're all dead, aren't they?" he says. "Did you find my wife?"

[sblock=Ambrus]
Magic items on the jester:

2 potions of invisibility
2 potions of remove disease
a wand of cat's grace (11 charges)
+1 glamered leather armour
+1 light crossbow

Non-magic gear
4 smoke bombs
30 normal bolts
masterwork dagger
2 flasks alchemists fire
flint and steel
manacles
sealing wax
20 sewing needles
various items of jewellery worth 150 gp total.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Delighted at the irony of discovering that the jester is carrying her own set of manacles, Dj'hân pockets their key and loops this new set around those locking her wrists together and shackles her ankles together. The wily urchin then gags the woman for good measure before stowing her gear in his liripoop.

Sometime around then, Majenko gives the slumbering jester a reprieve from further stingings.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Oh, I sure hope not. Brindom says to himself when the man asks after his wife.

"We will help you look for her mister...?" he asks waiting for a reply.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Lord Carowyn," replies the man. "She was dressed as a Queen of Galt. My wife, I mean. Did you see her? It was her idea to give a little party, to take everyone's minds off this dreadful plague. But then there was the gatcrasher, some floozy in a jester's outfit. She... she started shooting everyone with her crossbow, and she was giggling, giggling all the time. Those people who weren't killed outright by the bolts got sick and died straightaway, with that rash across their faces, like her crossbow bolts carried the blood veil. I ran, and hid," he adds, shame-faced.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I don't know how the queen should look, but we haven't found any zombies wearing crowns or anything like that. Only some kind of pampered bejeweled princess. I hope that's not what you're looking for."
Edmond could not summon more compassion for the man with all the trouble brewing in Korvosa. He should be spending money on helping others or trying to find a cure, not hop around on some silly dress party.
"We found, if I recall all the costumes lion, lioness and a peacock, one blue angel, afore mentioned princess and her maid. And living elf woman we have in captivity above. Come and see if you know her."

EDITED: for Ambrus input, I totally spaced on that one

Last edited:

Remove ads