Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
Searching, searching

Dj'hân makes a thorough examination of the first bedroom. It seems to be outfitted for somebody human-sized, not a derro, but otherwise he finds nothing of any interest. Apart from the obvious furnishings the room is bare.

Thorson digs through the remains of the derro. Its skull-embroidered robes lie in tatters but its few belongings can be salvaged. It was holding a small wand made of bone, with one end carved into a skull shape. Around its waist it was wearing a belt with a pouch full of strange herbs, bits of animal and other assorted rubbish. A finely crafted dagger also hangs from the belt, and on one of its fingers it wears a plain but unblemished copper ring.

The others keep on guard whilst this is going on, but apart from the thrashing of arm and torso in the far room the Dead Warrens are silent.

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân edges closer to the side room with its little cot but trepidation keeps him well away from the shoanti torso with its flailing arm. "Umm. I think this is part of the guy we're looking for..." Eager for distraction, the urchin keeps his head down and eyes averted from the torso as he quickly looks over the small cot and bookshelf.

Then, having finished with that, an idea occurs to the urchin. Pulling his liripoop off of his head, Dj'hân reaches into its fathomless depths and withdraws the oversized Harrow deck. The boy seems to whisper silently to it for a moment. Then, deck in hand, he walks slowly through each of the rooms, as if listening to inaudible words.

OOC: Searching the small side room. Then, using the Harrow deck, Dj'hân will cast detect magic to fully survey the trio of rooms ending at the closed door in the side corridor. By my count, we're only missing the Shoanti's left arm...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well, I bet the derro have warned this evil man by now maybe we shouldn't let him be anymore prepared for us than he already is." Brindom responds heading to the only other hallway the group has not been down.

Looking down the hall he can barely make out the shadow of the door. Taking a deep breath he watches and waits for the others to ready themselves for what may be the finally confrontation here in the Dead Warrens.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Dj'hân searches the rooms for magical auras. The animated torso (which seems to fit with the other pieces of Shoanti that you have) registers, predictably, moderate necromantic magic. There are no other items in the rooms, but of the derro necromancer's possessions the ring radiates faint abjuration and his wand faint necromantic magic. The books on the shelf are a few treatises on necromantic theory, as well as a small notebook that appears to be a spellbook.

So you stand before the unexplored door. You detect no sound from beyond it.

[OOC: Yes, you have a left arm to find somewhere]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: DrSimon, I sent you an email to that psion address

OOC2: did blindness dissipate upon caster's death or after few minutes while Dj'ahn searched? If not, can we use spellcraft to determine exact spell used so we know if it's permanent? Edmond is useless like this unless we remove the effect...

Ambrus

Explorer
Passing by, Dj'hân motions to the wand and ring that Thorson has collected from the derro and says: "Zalara says those are special; they've got some magic to em."

When he gets to the booshelf, the urchin pauses to remove his liripoop and carefully tucks the various tomes into its fathomless depths.

Finally arriving at the closed door, Dj'hân pauses to whisper to the others: "It's quiet inside and there aint any magic on the other side." The urchin then waits for the grownups to decide how to proceed.

Valthosian

First Post
Thorson follows Dj'hân and listens to what the urchin is saying with some confusion. Who is Zalara? And what arm are you talking about? Who are these others Thorson absently scratches his head in confusion.

Ambrus

Explorer
The tiny urchin giggles. "You remember Zellara don't you Mr. Giant?" Dj'hân reaches into his liripoop and withdraws an oversized deck of old Varisian Harrow card to show the towering half-orc. "We met years ago when we first went to see her at her old place on Lancet Street. She did a Harrowing for us; remember? I was the Bear!" The urchin returns the deck to the depths of his red cap. His tone growing more solemn, he continues. "Turns out the Shoanti that we came here for is i-in... pieces. We're missin a left arm." Casually the urchin motions towards his aasimar companion. "This angel-kin here is Mr Manachan. That there priest..." Dh'jân jerks a thumb towards the armored man. "...is Mr. Brindom. They're good guys helpin us out."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases