Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan sets himself up in a position to keep watch on the area as the others investigate, then has a thought.

He gets the others' attention before holding a hand up, finger wagging back and forth. He then grabs his throat, miming a choking action. Finally, he gestures at the coffers, the weapons, and the bracers and then points to various packs and containers.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi sits and watches the antics of Ignatius and Manachan, grinning to herself at their inanity. Those two could never win a game of charades...

Still, they both had a point. Mental note, metal skull box is magical. And probably bad news...skulls are never good news anyway. And we're running out of time to play fishies. Good...can't wait to be warm and dry again.

Nodding to show she understood, Mhairi shrugged out of her backpack. Sighing at the spoilage of all her stuff in the water (which manifests as a stream of bubbles), she undoes the straps and stows both two boxes inside.

After putting the backpack on again she hugs herself, and tries to wiggle like an exaggerated shiver before pointing up towards the surface. Oh I simply cannot wait to be out of this place. There better be handfuls of gorgeous jewellery in these blasted boxes to make it worthwhile!

OOC:
Figured trying to understand wtf is going on with those two is worth some sort of a roll for "secret messages"...which is apparently part of Bluff. Done and done. :)

Bear in mind, Mhairi does not know what the party is looking for. If these boxes aint it, well, you just try and ger her to stay. Restricted mobility underwater for a rogue is like rolling "terminal illness" in the old 1ed random event tables...

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Figured trying to understand wtf is going on with those two is worth some sort of a roll for "secret messages"...which is apparently part of Bluff. Done and done. :)

OOC: That's what I was thinking, but couldn't see rolling it since Manachan's not trying to keep a message secret, but trying to be misunderstood. It's Sense Motive to decipher.

Axel

First Post
ooc: I figured so too, but apparently misread the rules Bluff talks about transmitting hidden messages, not deciphering. Attached a Sense Motive roll to this post. Keeping her actions the same though, Mhairi is pretty keen to get out of the ship and water."

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: The map may not show it clearly, but there is still the sterncastle of the ship to explore if you wish (there's still time on the water breathing spells), else you can return to shore and examine the coffers that you've found.

For communication, I reckon the process would be similar to passing secret messages, but you aren't trying to hide them from anyone, so the DC would be lower. Reckon a Bluff DC 10 would be enough to impart complex commands and DC 5 for simple (i.e. "lets go up"), and Taking 10 is allowed.

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius follows Edmond to the other part of the ship, keeping an eye open for the return of the other shark.

The sooner we leave this wretched abyss, the better. But I suppose we must explore what we can of this fortress of evil while we still have time. I hope it is done with soon; my skin is crawling something fierce.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi sat on the bottom, watching the others leave one by one with disbelief and frustration. Gradually, the little magical lights began to fade. With a squawk of irritation and fear she swam after them. What in all the hells could be worth spending MORE time down here... OOOhhhh....I can't WAIT to have a hot bath!

Dr Simon

Explorer
The rear cabin is a mess, blackened as if from a fire before the ship sank. Floating entangled within a mass of ropes is the body of a man in nondescrpit black clothing, with a leather cloak. his face is obscured by a bird-like mask, much like the ones worn by the Queen's Physicians.

Remove ads