Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond sends his light around to check all parts of the cabin before carefully hooking Deathwail under the mask and taking it off the body.

Calling on his training, he scans the area for magical auras.

If there is no more apparent spaces to explore or hidden magics, he motions others back.

Once outside, he mimics lifting the chests and points upward. The mask goes into his belt pouch for further examination

Dr Simon

Explorer
The mask itself is magical (faint conjuration), but there appears to be little else of interest in the cabin.

The group returns above water, a somewhat conspicuous sight in the surprisingly warm midday sun, but since you emerge near Eel's End not too many people pay you much attention; it isn't a part of town where people are too nosey, nor one unused to unusual sights.

The trip to the shipwreck has yielded three items of possible interest - the doctor's mask and two sealed coffers, the larger one marked with metal skulls and a smaller one of plain wood.

Neurotic

"Not something I'm eager to repeat. We owe Jeremiah something for his effort. Now, let's get back to Varisians and see what we can discover about the chests.

I think we'll miss Dj'ahn on this one, he was handy with closed things."

Edmond takes off his wet cloak and bundles small chests together so they are out of sight.

"Mhairi, would you like to join us? Ignatius? Later, we can introduce you to Little La...erm...School for talented youngsters."

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius drags himself out of the water, soaking wet, and flops down at the water's edge.

" Praise Sarenrae! " groans the miserable looking ifrit, " I do not think I could have endured but five more minutes submerged in that most detestable element. "

Still, under the light of the midday Sun proper colour seems to return to Ignatius quickly, and combined with his natural warmth his clothes dry out with relative haste.

Picking himself up, Ignatius turns to the rest of the group. " Yes, it would be my pleasure to accompany you all, " he says. " Especially you, my young friend, " he adds, nodding to Manachan. " I apologize if I seemed especially unhinged while we were below the surface. Water... Let us just say that for my kind, its prolonged touch is about the most unpleasant sensation imaginable, discounting grievous injury. "

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi flopped on the ground, exhausted and panting after hours in the cold water. She imagined she looked a lot like a nearly-drowned rat. Hair plastered flat to her head, water in every nook and cranny, and wrinkly pruny skin everywhere.

"So, remind me again what was so important down there? I haven't eaten in three days, and it feels like I just went swimming in the dirtiest duck pond in the city! Ugh...I don't think I'll ever be clean again." Mhairi runs her fingers through her hair a little, teasing the worst of the muck out of it before scraping more of it off her bare forearms.

Hearing Edmond speak, she sits up and ponders the implications. "Y'know Edmond, I might just take you up on that offer. If there's some food in it, of course. You still owe me a dinner, remember?" She smiles sweetly at the dripping warrior...wizard? Actually, she isn't sure exactly what Edmond is anymore. Certainly not the same introverted young man she left behind, anyway. "I have a knack for opening closed...things too," she adds, winking provocatively at Ignatius.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond and Manachan lead Mhairi and Ignatius to Edmond's house, a tall building in Old Korvosa undergoing renovations. The place is full of children of various ages. One, the eldest boy, eyes Mhairi appreciatively before giving Edmond what looks like an ironic salute.

"Nuffink to report," he says. "Some of the littlers are getting worried they're going to get sick but I reminded them we've got that magic wand. Who's these?" He nods towards Mhairi and Ignatius.

An old man enters from one of the inner rooms.

"Ah, good to see you back, I trust the scrolls were satisfactory? Was the trip worthwhile?"

[sblock=OOC]
Hopefully it's evident to Neurotic and Mowgli, but the boy is Kester and the old man is Jeremiah.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi approaches the child who spoke and ruffles his hair affectionately. "Well aren't you just the cutest then?" She smiles warmly at him, and adds "My name's Mhairi. What's yours?"

Neurotic

"Kester is in charge of the little ones, you could say he's my second in command."
says Edmond *almost* affectionately.

"Kester, this is Mhairi, old friend of mine. From days in Korvosa. Would you care to bring us something to eat?"

Turning the Jeremiah
"Thank you, Jeremiah, scrolls did the work. I don't know if there is anything important in what we found, there was a body of one of the doctors with their bird masks which is magical and two chests. But first, would you mind prestidigitation us clean? So we don't drip and smell while we eat?"

"Ignatius, Mhairi, we will find you accommodation in the house, you can bathe and relax a bit later. Don't hold the disorder against us, the house is still in restoration."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan steps somewhat hesitantly through the doorway and immediately feels a previously unnoticed tension melt from his body. The normally reserved Aasimar ruffles the little ones' hair as his face settles into a smile. Hmph. Seems this place has become 'home' for me; it's been a while since I've had one of those.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kester looks like he's about to argue, but then he glances again at Mhairi.

"Sure thing," he says, and darts off to another part of the house.

Jeremiah, meanwhile, uses magic to clean and dry all traces of Jeggare River from everyone.

"Still no word from young D'Jhan," he says, "but as long as I've known him he's been quite adept at avoiding trouble. Well, and getting into it in the first place...," he adds.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases