Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond frowns.
"You should take this more seriously. We'll be outside a lot and there is no telling when we get infected again. If we spend half the charges on the children now, what would you do next time you get it again? Hope that Temple good will will extend enough to take you before somebody else? And we still need to talk to Marshal Kroft."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"And my magic comes to me willy-nilly . . . the identification of magic isn't a spell, or a skill, that's come to me so far.

"I'm for bed as well, the days activities have left me feeling weak. Before I retire, is anyone hurt from the fight? I can see to your wounds, and perhaps help ensure a beneficial night's rest."

[sblock=OOC]Heal Check (Manachan) (1d20+7=18) - heals both points of STR damage and 10 HP overnight, so he'll be all back to full.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond looks in surprise at the offered box.
"I'm not a mage. Maybe Jeremiah can do something before morning?"

"I can have a go," says Jeremiah. "I've not got quite the right tool for the job prepared, but there are ways and means..." He concentrates on the box for a while.

"It's as we feared," he says after what seems like an age. "This box has a property that imparts a specific disease on whatever is within it. I suspect that the rat is some kind of carrier, but the silver will be infected as well." He looks over to Edmond. "Your surmise was correct. Now, let me see..." he now focuses on the mask.

"Hmmmm..... most intriguing. This mask looks like an ordinary doctor's mask. Normally you place herbs inside the 'beak', see? But this one is enchanted as well. I think it imparts immunity to disease, but a specific disease, not disease in general. It also has properties that block scrying but I can't fathom them at the moment."

He looks around the group.

"Put these together, it seems likely that this blood veil disease was spread deliberately."

OOC: Don't forget that in PF a simple detect magic plus Spellcraft can identify properties of magic items.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius frowns. " The question is then, by who? And for what purpose? One thing is for sure, however: whoever and for whatever reason they do, they must be stopped. I hope one of you might have some idea as to how to proceed from here, because other than hitting the streets to gather information on these items and names, I do not, " he says.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Page 22

"It seems to me that Marshal Kroft needs an update. For whatever reason, Dr. Davaluus and his men are trying to disrupt Korvosa and succeeding. Given the behavior of Gray Maidens, this may be some plot to dethrone the Queen!

I think our next task is to make Marshal Kroft aware of this. Secretly.

Let's see if we can get the wand here without getting out of the room."

Edmond frowns in concentration
"Majenko!" he thinks focusedly "We are in workroom upstairs and infected with Blood Veil. Can you get us the wand?"

If no answer comes he shrugs
"Kester, get us the wand. Avoid getting closer then you have to to anyone else. And warn everyone away...if Brindom is in, let him know."

Dr Simon

Explorer
There is no reply from Majenko.

Kester pulls the wand out of a back pocket.

"Brindom had to go to the Pantheon," he says. "He left me this to give you."

Kaodi

Hero
" Well, fortunately at least I am capable of making use of such wands as this, " says Ignatius. " May I? " he asks politely, gesturing towards the wand.

[sblock=OOC]Would it be alright for me to read through the whole thread and say that either Edmond or Manachan related it all to me off screen? Or would it be better and more interesting if I did not know and had to ask?[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The group eats and rests in Edmond's front room. Kester seems to have worked out some kind of system in case anyone needs isolation and is very proud of this, although it mainly seems to consist of handing over control to the next eldest of the Little Lamms.

The next morning it becomes apparent that all in the room, except for Kester, have contracted blood veil judging by the rapid onset of symptoms, but Ignatius is able to use the wand to heal everyone afflicted (Edmond, Ignatius, Manachan, Mhairi and Jeremiah).

[sblock=OOC]
I'm easy, I think we can assume that Edmond fills in Ignatius and Mhairi whilst resting. If you go to the start of the OOC thread there are some summaries as well.

I'm assuming the next step is to visit the Marshal, just waiting to see if there are any special measures or preparations you want to take.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
" You seem to have been very busy of late, my young friend, " says Ignatius to Manachan. " In my day I have been called " Crazy " by some, but it seems that woman you encountered is truly disturbed. Whoever this man she is bound up with is, he must be very dangerous. "

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Waking up with a contagious disease that turns you into a zombie had shaken Mhairi to the very core of her being. Here was something that she couldn't run away from, seduce, or divert to her advantage - it had to be confronted and stopped. You're lucky Edmond was so strict, girl. There's no telling how many people might have got sick if he hadn't been a big stick-in-the-mud...

As the subject of visting the Marshall comes up, Mhairi becomes obviously reluctant to go. At the first available opportunity she takes Edmond aside and whispers, "Do I really have to come see the Marshall? It's...um...not something I ever really wanted to do y'know? It's, like, been a life's goal to avoid going to see the Marshall... Promise I'll stay out of trouble!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases