Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond looks somewhat abashed, but then thin smile appears for a moment.

"You're not getting to interrogation, you're getting conscripted. Marshal should know about new members of the group as we're fairly fluid in membership. Unless, of course, you'd like NOT to be paid for your work.

Maybe I forgot to mention, but we're special unit of Korvosan Guard."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi looks taken aback for a second, enormously surprised that Edmond and his friends basically work for the crown. "Well, that's answered in one question. I hope... So I DO get paid? Or some sort of benefits...like, I dunno, let's hypothetically say... Immunity to prosecution? For working for her?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Forget Lamm and your former company. This is law enforcement not thieves guild or smugglers organization. You don't get out-of-jail-card. But you do get magical goodies, freedom to bash in the door and feeling good about doing good.

You know, since you returned to my life, I feel I spoke more words explaining then I had to do it before for Manachan, Kester and Brindom together."

He softens this last with sparkle in his eyes which doesn't quite translate into smile. His voice remains monotone.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi flashed a smile back to Edmond and whispered conspirationally, "I just like the sound of your voice, keep it up." She added "So, do we get to keep anything that we might find while working for the crown, or is it all the Queen's? And do I get to actually meet the Queen? If one of those is a yes, then I'm in."

Dr Simon

Explorer
The group sets off to see the Marshall, but when you reach the nearest bridge that connects Old Korvosa to the rest of the city you find it guarded by two Grey Maidens.

"Sorry Citizens," says one of the Maidens, her voice echoing and muffled by the unnerving faceless helm that she wears. "By order of the Queen Old Korvosa is under quarantine. No-one may enter or leave."

OOC: Image added for the benefit of the newcomers.

Attachments

• Grey Maiden a.jpg
    Grey Maiden a.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 50

Kaodi

Hero
I have not been with this group one day and already we are under quarantine. What luck...

The ifrit, perhaps unaware of the disdain authority figures diplay for being questioned, asks, " No one at all, you say? No exceptions? Surely such fine, knowledgeable woman as yourselves would be aware of who might be allowed to pass, despite the Quarantine. "

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Grey Maidens regard Ignatius silently, their blank helms betraying no emotion. The pause stretches out uncomfortably.

"Members of the Grey Maidens, of course, and the Queen's Physicians," says one in a flat voice.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

On sight of such strong, independent looking women Mhairi straightens her shoulders and assumes a haughty look. "Even those that travel on the Marshall's business are prohibited from travel? Do we look like the common peasantry? No? Where is your officer? I'd like a word with her. In private..."

Kaodi

Hero
" Well then, " says Ignatius, " it is comforting to know we are not being abandoned by the Queen in this dire hour. "

Remove ads