Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Continuing her lofty and aristocratic bearing, Mhairi replied "Not to you, there isn't. Where's your officer? We would speak with her."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Way to jump into hot water! Especially since we were to go to Marshal without doctors knowing :) Did you check if we had some proof we're working for The Guard? :D BWAHAhahaha!

Axel

First Post
OOC: More to the point, I was pretty sure we didn't have any proof (as a player) other than, at a stretch, the recently salvaged doc's mask. Mhairi herself doesn't think things through terribly well (Wis=10) and should probably be CN, not TN. Still, RP is supposed to be about having fun as well as story development, right? :) In any case, something might happen...poking bee hives and all that.

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius gently shunts Mhairi to the side and interposes himself between her an the guardswoman. " What my companion here meant to say was that this special service to the Marshall was at the personal behest of the Queen, " says the ifrit in an attempt to defuse the situation. " It was offered on account of the returen of one of the Queen's trinkets that had been pilfered by the notorious criminal, Lamm. Is that not how it went, Edmond? "

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: Sorry, forgot my power cord the other day after work and my battery's shot, then had a crazy weekend.

Manachan trails along behind the others, a very bemused look on his face as he watches the interplay between the two recent additions to the Marshal's service. Ignatius seems little changed and still handles himself as well as ever, but this Mhairi . . . she could be trouble on the half-shell. Still, Edmond knows her, and seems to think she'll be OK.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The two maidens turn their blank faceplates to each other.

"We've heard of you," says one of them. "You can pass through..." They step aside to allow passage across the bridge.

Citadel Volshyanek is a shadow of its former self. The Korvosan Guard seems greatly diminished in number and those that remain look care-worn and exhausted, as does Marshall Kroft. She looks the two newcomers with just a flicker of interest.

"More new recruits, Edmond? I wish I had whatever you do, I'm running out of able-bodied guards." Her expression becomes concerned. "The little one, D'jhan, what happened to him?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"He...saw too much in too short a time. He's somewhere in retreat. Brindom was recalled into the temple.

This two are friends of Manachan and myself. They'll help."

Edmond indicates Ignatius and Mhairi in order.

OOC: are we alone with her?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kroft nods.

"He's tougher than he looks, I think," she says, "but I was worried from the first if this was the right role for him. Well, as long as he's safe." She turns to Mhairi and Ignatius. "Anyone who offers to help Korvosa is most welcome," she says. "What brings you here, Edmond? Some lead concerning the plague, I guess?"

OOC: Yes, you are alone in Kroft's office with her.

Kaodi

Hero
" It is an honour, Marshall Kroft, " says Ignatius, bowing politely. " It seemed like chance that my wanderings brought me back to my young friend Manachan's side in this dark hour. But the gods can work in mysterious ways. I believe it is the will of Sarenrae that I stay, and I will do my best to aid in the restoration of this city to good health. "

Remove ads