Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

"Wooo, listen to you lot with your high minded language. I'm here for two things. Firstly, it's personal. They - whoever they might be, tried to kill me with their damned plague. Secondly, well, a girl's gotta eat if you know what I mean. So, I figure killing two birds with one stone's a good deal, right? Saving a city must be worth a packet! Besides, a lot of the guards around town are pretty cute." Mhairi smiled disarmingly, hoping that outright honesty might work, since it did with the armoured guards. She has never truly been honest to others about her various professions and goals.

At least she's a woman. Male authority figures are always corrupt, as near as I can tell... I don't know enough powerful women to tell if they are too.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond tells the Marshal of what they found out in few words and as dry a report a she ever had 'pleasure' hearing.

"I believe we need to strike at the core of the doctors if there is any chance of getting this plague under control. I don't think they'll heal anyone. I will set Varisians on making the copies of the masks and try to get them exchanged for real masks so we can see if doctors themselves know the cure. Maybe wererats can do it, I think they would jump at the opportunity to have city in debt.

Of course, silent entering has never been our strong suit, so I'm open to other suggestions."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

"Maybe we could just pay Doc Davalus a visit? The rest of the doctors might not be willingly doing the wrong thing, and are just doing as they're told."

"As a second avenue of information, someone had to send these boxes from outside the city. Who owned the ship, or at least who was in charge of finding it a cargo?"

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
" Speaking of Davalus and his associated B7, does anyone happen to know what his first initial, " R " stands for? " asks Ignatius. " I would hate to walk in on him unprepared and discover it stood for " Rolth " . Though the idea that the head of the Queen's Physicians and the necromancer Rolth are one in the same is probably, you know, crazy. But better cautious than dead. "

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Reiner, I believe," says Kroft. "Rolth has been a thorn in the side of the city long before this Doctor Davalaus turned up." She rubs her chin thoughtfully. "Come to think of it, he did arrive to offer his services suspiciously quickly after this blood veil first began to make itself known."

She walks over to a large and worn map of Korvosa hanging on the wall of her office.

"Davaulus and the Queen's Physicians have made this old warehouse on West Dock their headquarters," she says, pointing to the map. "It's now called the Hospice of the Blessed Maiden; I would guess if there's anything to be found, it'd be found there." The building is close to Zellara's house and Lamm's old headquarters, back where it all began.

"This is public knowledge, of course," she says. "Officially I have nothing to do with this. Don't forget that there is a death penalty posted for interfering with the Queen's Physicians. Given your, er, association with the Queen it may be possible to get it overturned if you are caught, but I expect Her Majesty has forgotten your services by now."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Leave that to us, Marshal. You have many allies in the city. How do nobles take this? We had that crazy undead party, are there any other happenings we should know about?"

Kaodi

Hero
Death penalty, eh? I cannot say I like the sound of that. I mean, assuming the Queen were sincere, I suppose it could be justified given the circumstances. But something is definitely wrong here. Sometimes there are higher laws that must be put before the ones of mortal rulers...

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Nothing of that scale," says Kroft. "I mean, the nobles aren't as affected by this plague as everyone else because their living conditions are better, but they're not immune by any means. Most of them seem to have either left the city for their holiday villas or are hunkering down same as the rest of us."

Kaodi

Hero
" Do you have an idea of how many access points this warehouse has? Is it built over the water, or over a sewer system? " asks the ifrit.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The Marshall shrugs.

"No idea," she says. "If you want to know that sort of thing I suggest a ercon mission. But I guess you realise that already." she adds with a sly grin.

Remove ads