Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Kaodi

Hero
" Let's get to it then, " says Ignatius, returning a smile. " I think we have someone with us would would make an excellent scout. Do you not agree, Mhairi? " The ifrit seems to be raring to go, and to the observant it is apparent that when he gets excited, his fiery hair seems to lengthen a little bit as it flickers about more wildly.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi stares at Ignatius with one arched eyebrow. "I haven't the faintest idea what you're inferring Ignatius. But if you're offering to take me for a walk down to the waterfront, I think its a delightful idea. Just let me get changed first - these shoes are no good for walking around the filthy streets.

Kaodi

Hero
Somewhat taken aback, Ignatius stammers, " Oh, uh, I meant, um, you know, taking a look around all, ah... quiet like. " Regaining composure, he adds " But I suppose if you would like to do a walkby casing, we could do that instead. "

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We can discuss tactics later. Marshal, is there a chance we get a pass through the quarantine so we don't get constantly challenged at checkpoints? We have ways around it, but it would be easier with permission."

[sblock=for OOC discussion]
Just listing our current resources:
were-rats as stealth scouts
were-rats as guides through the sewers
Varisians in their own way - mostly information about the city
Jeremiah as low level? enchanter capable of making scrolls at need and identifying strange items.
Edmonds teacher and patron, priest Julius
otyugh in the cemetery as good way to dispose of unwanted things
little Lamms, although in-game, Edmond would vehemently resist using them
gryphon rider (I forgot the name)
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mhairi stares at Ignatius with one arched eyebrow. "I haven't the faintest idea what you're inferring Ignatius. But if you're offering to take me for a walk down to the waterfront, I think its a delightful idea. Just let me get changed first - these shoes are no good for walking around the filthy streets.

Somewhat taken aback, Ignatius stammers, " Oh, uh, I meant, um, you know, taking a look around all, ah... quiet like. " Regaining composure, he adds " But I suppose if you would like to do a walkby casing, we could do that instead. "

Manachan smiles gleefully to see someone else the target of Mhairi's attention, and nods his readiness to go a-scouting again. "Let's be about this, then. We need to end this plague quickly, and bring those responsible for so much loss of life to justice."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Still staring at Ignatius, Mhairi adds icily "There's never any harm in taking a stroll, is there?"

Returning to the rest of the conversation, she hopes to conclude the meeting quickly. "Right then, let's go eh? I want to catch this plague-monger before I grow too old to care."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kroft gives you signed affidavits stating "The bearer of this document is given leave to travel the length and breadth of Korvosa without let or hindrance, by order of the Korvosan Guard," marked with a wax seal.

"I'm not sure how much good it will do you, though," she says sadly. "The authority of the Grey Maidens seems to supercede mine."

The Hospice of the Blessed Maiden is a an old warehouse near the docks on the Jeggare River. As a warehouse it has no windows; only a single door on the street side and three sets of large loading doors on the dockside. A string of ill-looking supplicants wait outside the street entrance, above which is written the name "Hospice of the Blessed Maiden" as well as the winged sun emblem of Sarenrae. Not quite obscured by age is the old lettering that declare the building was once "Arkona Imports".

There are no sign of guards or Physicians outside the building.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], what does Edmond know of Arcona Imports (is that merchant society?)

Knowledge (local) +10

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Edmond]
House Arkona, one of the four Great Houses of Korvosan nobility, known as the "Lords of Old Korvosa" because of their stronghold in that party of the city (although the Arkona never refer to themselves that way).

House Arkona are rich and powerful thanks to their trading contracts, notably with Vudra. The current head of the family is Glorio Arkona - handsome and energetic, many think that he is the secret identity of Blackjack.

His sister was possibly the mysterious "M" who supplied livestock to All The World's Meat and sponsored Verik Vancaskerkin to rebel.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
"So, umm....what's the plan guys? Just go up and knock, asking to see the Doc? Count me out if that's what you're doing... I have NO wish to walk amongst the sick."

Remove ads