Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Dr Simon

Explorer
Eries stares at Mhairi in a disconcerting fashion.

"Never heard of it," she says. "Can't be a regular visitor to the city. Try City Hall up in North Point or, if you can't be bothered wasting your life with bureaucrats, you could try asking in the Laughing Wave."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi managed to affect an air of disappointment, although she had heard all she needed. Sailors liked to talk to pretty girls."Oh...ok. Thanks Miss Yellow Eyes."

ooc: Threw a sense motive to see if she gets a hunch about her stare...no such luck.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
" Now that arrangements have been made, " says Ignatius, " Is there anything else me might attend to in the intervening hours, or should we just find a nice tavern and relax? "

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I would like to remind Jeremiah to start making some silversheen if he knows how, but I'd avoid crossing the bridge if it's not essential. So, no, we sit tight, maybe walk around the sickbay one more time later today. Maybe we catch a rumor or two about people going out cured."

Dr Simon

Explorer
The rest of the day passes uneventfully. From time to time small groups of people showing signs of blood veil are brought to the Hostel by Grey Maidens, but nobody apart from the Grey Maidens leaves again.

As night falls you meet up with Eries Yelloweyes again, in an alleyway near where she sets out her stall at daytime. A hooded figure accompanies her.

"This is Red," she says, "He's volunteered to help you."

Red gives a nod. You see a ratty snout beneath the hood.

"I's run the Shingles all me life," he says. "Ain't nothin' to teach me 'bout climbin'."

"Got some of my people to scout the Undercity for you too," says Eries. "Ent no way into that building from beneath, 's completely sealed, no connections to the Undercity."

Neurotic

"Good to meet you, Red. Thank you, miss Eries." Edmond bows slightly to both then continues focusing on Red
"I am Edmond mer'Cauthon. These are my friends, Manachan, Mhairi and Ignatius. Did you, by any chance, climb the hospice already?"

After the answer:
"Mhairi will accompany you tonight. We need to agree on some form of communication to know when and where can we come to climb after you or to come to the rescue. I trust you two can come to an understanding and plan of action as I'm no good with night reconnoissance."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi smiled inwardly at Edmond's naivety. At least he can genuinely claim to have never planned a robbery.

"Well, having two of us makes as twice as vulnerable to being seen. Especially if we climb together. And signals can be heard or seen by anyone. Unless you use magic...hmm...don't s'pose you've got anything that'd help?" The diminutive half-elf paused for a second, rubbing her chin and thinking hard. Beneath the exterior shell Mhairi really wasn't the stupid vamp people often wrote her off to be.

She continued rattling off her idea in a rapid-fire of words. "We'll climb opposite sides at the same time. I'll take a rope, wrapped around my stomach it doesn't get in the way. If you've got one too Red, so much the better.
Fifty feet or so should be more than enough to drop to the ground from somewhere on the roof. Give us five minutes to climb and secure the rope, then head to the middle of the sides we went up and come join us. One of you can go to one, two the other...doesn't matter really. Tug the rope twice and wait for a single tug in response before trusting your weight to it. From there we can get in from the skylight, though the how will have to wait till I can see it. Simple enough to be idiot proof?"

Neurotic

Edmond thinks for a moment.
"I thought you're going scouting, not that we're doing full scale assault. What if they have guards above? What about us being heard? What about traps set?

How about you strike a match when it's free to climb? Anybody could see it, but it will last only a moment and doubtful that anyone from the inside will see it...we can then approach and you will not be pressed for time in your examinations."

Kaodi

Hero
" There is a good chance that scouting will be merely a prelude to a full scale assault, " says the ifrit, " for which we must be ready. You never know, Mhairi might discover something which we will only have one chance to stop by surprise. For instance, who knows what they are doing with the people they have admitted... "

Dr Simon

Explorer
"We'll climb opposite sides at the same time. I'll take a rope, wrapped around my stomach it doesn't get in the way. If you've got one too Red, so much the better.

Red opens his cloak to reveal a rope looped across his body. He says nothing, but his whiskers twitch.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases