Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave - Page 98




What's on your mind?

  1. #971
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,296
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel
    My communities:

    Mhairi

    "Well, there's two things wrong with that, Edmond. One, there are people going in and not coming out. Are they being turned into zombies, like you said happened at that horrid party? I don't want anything to do with zombies! Two, don't you want to look? Like - I thought you'd be curious. All of you would be curious and want to see...though I suppose the sound of a bunch of mammoths wearing heavy-as armour on the roof would give us away." Mhairi paused for a moment again...thinking.

    "If you don't want to come see, that's fine. One of us will light a small fire if we need help or there's something you should see - I have a tindertwig. If you don't see both of us by dawn come and smash the door down. Good enough now?"

 

  • #972
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,061

    Ignore Neurotic
    "I am curious, yes. But I trust you and Red will find out most you can without us mammoths trampling around. I'm not asking you to fight your way in. That's my, well, our job.

    Manachan can be closer to the rope in case you get in tight situation, we'll get there as fast as possible. And if you judge we can climb without being detected, you light your tindertwig. Deal?"

  • #973
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,296
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel
    My communities:

    Mhaii

    "Deal." Mhairi dropped her backpack to the ground and pulled out a silken rope. She then lifted up her shirt, and the chain shirt she wore underneath these days, to the base of her breasts and began winding the rope around her torso. When she had finished, her body had noticeably thickened - the rope was stretching the chain shirt to it's limit.

    "Right then, ready?" She glanced at Red for confirmation. Without waiting further she strode across to Ignatius and reached up to his head, pulling him down for a kiss. "You can have more if you save me," she quietly adds through a smile, before turning away towards the warehouse to begin the stealthy dash over to the wall.
    Last edited by Axel; Wednesday, 28th March, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

  • #974
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,444
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    Ignatius is startled by Mhairi, but he acquiesces. She is, after all, a beautiful young woman, and despite his apperance as a holy man, the ifrit is no ascetic. He raises a hand as she turns away, as if he does not want her to leave, but in the back of his mind...

    Oh no, it is happening again! I have barely known this elvenblooded woman for two days, and already she has been ensnarred by my natural charm. I just hope that is does not eventually lead to trouble, like it did with Father, and all those others after him...
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #975
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,061

    Ignore Neurotic
    Can't give XP to you two, I have to spread love some more, but would if I could

  • #976
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,296
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel
    My communities:

    Mhairi

    Mhairi had a huge grin on her face as she loped between shadowy areas, closing in on the warehouse. That was crazy girl! What were you thinking!! The urge to look back and see what Ignatius was doing was strong, but she resisted.

    She glanced around once, to see if there was anyone watching from a different angle. And to see if Red was still with her. Mhairi motioned him to take the closer wall while she looped around to the left and climb the opposite side. She paused at the base of the wall, giving her ears a chance to hear anyone closing in on her, and her eyes the opportunity to see her next move. She still couldn't stop grinning... Concentrate now! They're all counting on you. And you don't want some icky were-rat to show you up.

    OOC: Moving at full speed (35'), which she can do with stealth "on" due to rogue ability or somesuch. Anyway, she's quick. That's why she took the far wall.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
    Can't give XP to you two, I have to spread love some more, but would if I could
    I am to please. I'm just glad Ignatius/Kaodi went along with it.

    Last edited by Axel; Thursday, 29th March, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

  • #977
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,623
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    My communities:

    OOC: I can't give XP either! Need to find some random thread and say "I agree!"

    Red and Mhairi climb up the side of the former warehouse and soon pass over the ridge of the roof. They move stealthily across to the skylight and look down.

    The warehouse extends all the way from floor to ceiling, so the drop inside is as large as the one outside. Down at ground level are hundreds of beds, each one holding a Korvosan; some sleeping, some writhing. Moving amongst them in and out of view are some Queen's Physicians.

    Between floor and ceiling you can make out a series of catwalks above the sick bay. Red taps Mhairi and points. There are two, maybe more, Grey Maidens patrolling these catwalks.
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #978
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,296
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel
    My communities:

    Mhairi

    Mhairi stared quizzically at the sight. Grey Maidens implied things were done with the Queen's consent. Unless...

    Don't go that route yet. The simplest explanation is normally right. Except with magic...

    She whispered in Red's ear "Count them and watch them." Mhairi moved around the skylight, taking her time observing from each side. The rope wrapped around her midrif made her stiffer than she was used to. It itches too, but at least it keeps me warm.

    The girl was looking for offices, or any sort of desk where the people in charge would be. Hey, even a trapdoor would be nice. Isn't that where the evil genius always lives? Anything but open space...by all the gods, a moth could not get down there without being seen. Patience. Patience is key here. Sooner or later something will change that we can take advantage of.

    Reluctantly Mhairi began unwinding her rope, uncomfortably aware of Red's eyes periodocally darting to her partially exposed body. Even when he has a job to do! Ugh...men are all the same. She nearly rolled her eyes in frustration. Just ignore it. Now...where can we tie this off to?

  • #979
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,623
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    My communities:

    After a while, Red shifts over to Mhairi. Being typical Chelaxianstyle architecture, the warehouse has some uselessly ornamental pantiles that, however, provide a useful hitching place for the rope.

    "I count two Maidens on the catwalks and I think two more below, but there are places I's cain't see from here. All I sees is big warehouse, ain't no easy sneakin'."

    Meanwhile, at ground level, the others see a large blonde woman leave the warehouse, with a scarf over her face. She ushers some people in front of her, all evidently blood veil supplicants who are pleading with her. As she locks the front door to the building she waves the people off.

    "We're shut for the night," she says brusquesly. "Come back tomorrow."
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #980
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,296
    Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Axel
    My communities:

    Mhairi

    "Yeah, I can't see any way in from up here either. Unless you've got a thunderstone or something else we can throw off to make a distraction. Even that's probably not much help against four professional guards. Let's give it five more minutes and then we'll go down."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 98 of 171 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC
      By Dr Simon in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 1102
      Last Post: Saturday, 16th August, 2014, 12:16 PM
    2. Curse of the Crimson Throne
      By mxyzplk in forum Story Hour
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Sunday, 4th October, 2009, 03:08 AM
    3. Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne (OOC)
      By Malvoisin in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 397
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th April, 2009, 06:11 AM
    4. Curse of the Crimson Throne Conversion
      By ArchAnjel in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Sunday, 20th July, 2008, 10:07 PM
    5. Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne (RG)
      By Malvoisin in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Friday, 29th February, 2008, 05:45 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •