Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Seven Days to the Grave

Kaodi

Hero
As he watches what is happening on the roof, Ignatius whispers to his companions, " If we are forced into a confrontation with the Grey Maidens and the Queen's Physicians, do we merely try to subdue them? Or, on the assumption that they are traitors to Korvosa, do we use lethal force? " The ifrit is not very comfortable asking that question, but the middle of a fight would be no time to have such a debate.

I am not sure I should be so eager to bring vengeance, even righteous vengeance, upon these people. The Everlight teaches us that redemption should be offered where appropriate, but the thought of making someone sick on purpose just makes me so angry.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"If we get proof they are killing the people inside or really spreading the disease, kill, no mercy. We are of the guard and there are certain things punishable by death. Until we do, kill if you must, refrain otherwise. There may be small subgroup that does evil and these people may genuinely trying to help. I don't think so, but cannot be sure. Yet."

Kaodi

Hero
" That is a good point, Edmond, " says Ignatius. " In any case, I just hope we have some answers before this night is done. I have a feeling something big is on the horizon... "

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Thunderstone's to noisy," says Red, shaking his head. "Needs to get someone on inside, I says."

Mhairi and Red climb back down to report their findings to the others.

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Standing with the group again, Mhairi explains "The place is really too well lit and open to duck in unnoticed. They keep the sick on the ground floor, with a few doctors around them. The juiciest bit though, is that there are Grey Maidens inside." Mhairi pauses, and grins for effect.

"Red counted two on the ground, two on catwalks above. I agree with him. For what it's worth, we need a better way in or some huge diversion...like setting that warehouse next to it on fire or something."

Kaodi

Hero
" I will not allow anyone to set a building on fire on the mere chance that it will draw them out of the warehouse, " says Ignatius firmly. " Fire is dangerous and unpredictable, and you can never be sure it will not spread. No, with a warehouse full of innocent people next door, it is just out of the question. " The ifrit's jaw is firmly set, and it is not likely he will be swayed.

After an uncomfortable pause, the ifrit reaches into his backpack, drawing something out that is wrapped in cloth. " I do, however, have something that may work just as well, " he says as he unwraps the bundle, revealing what appears to be a delicate tin music box. " This little wonder can, in short bursts, imitate all manner of raucous noises. Be they batte, riots, or even a great conflagration. We might be able to draw them out with it. "

Neurotic

"And I can create distracting lights more or less at will. Just be sure not to look if you see scintillating orbs or light on the wall flickers in multiple hues."

OOC: 5/day, edmond can create hypnotic pattern :) which should take care of at least some opposition

Axel

First Post
Mhairi

Mhairi pouts slightly as setting a fire is ruled out. I did so want to see if real Ifrit can burn things like they can in stories...

"Steady on about the diversions guys. There are four guards. It'd have to be almost a riot for all of them to be distracted. A music box and fancy light patterns might not do it. There could be other ways...like playing dress ups as a Grey Maiden. Or sick person. Or...a doctor? THAT shouldn't be too hard with the mask 'n' all.

Kaodi

Hero
" People do seem to give me the benefit of the doubt often enough when I resort to mistruths, " says Ignatius, " but I cannot say I am particularly good with them. I do not think I could pull off such a deception. "

The ifrit runs his fingers across the patterns etched into the box. " But what precisely do we need to accomplish with this plan? Get them to open the door so that we may jump them, or merely to infiltrate and scout? "

Neurotic

"We're not in it to avoid fighting and enter unnoticed, just to enter. We can fight the guards as needed, but more of them disabled, the better. I wouldn't mind having thunderstone or two, just in case."

"To mask as Maidens we should be female, which we are not, and have that armor which also we don't. To be doctors, we would need to ditch weapons and armor which we won't. So...let's knock. You two..."
Edmond indicates Mhairi and Red
"harry them from above, use ranged weapons if you can, you'll be fairly safe there. We will take care of those downstairs. I, or rather, Ignatius will ask nicely in the name of the temple to check what is done in here so the temple can widen it's efforts.

What do you think?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases