[Mutant Future] Welcome to Slimy Lake!




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 91
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    64

    Ignore Alvordian

    [Mutant Future] Welcome to Slimy Lake!

    The sun rises slowly into the green tinted clouds on your first full day out of the Crunchy Desert. The night before passed quickly and uneventfully and now, as your group breaks camp, you must plan your next move.

    The map you possess offers few clues to the lands beyond. Ahead the flat dusty plain beckons, unbroken save for a few stands of short, brown scrub grass. And though it is spring, the day already promises to be hot.

    You and your comrades had precious time to get acquainted during the ordeal in the desert, and now you must trust these relative strangers as you explore this new, strange land.


    (ML note: You are presently in Hex 15.04 on the region map, which is here. The scale is 1 hex =5 miles. It is early morning. Introduce yourselves, plan a course of action. If you wish simply choose the next hex you wish to go or plot a course through multiple ones, just give me the coordinates.

    For the game's sake, the map you have is considered group property, obtained by yourselves before you left.)
    Last edited by Alvordian; Tuesday, 19th January, 2010 at 08:36 PM.

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    Ignore Vertexx69
    Deathvine flies high above the camp, the sun glistening off of its sap coated vines. It turns its all the way around as it scans the ground between the camp and the horizon for any signs of movement. The plant isn't quite sure, but there might be some sort of strange glow over the horizon to the southeast. The camp grows larger as It sails back down in lazy circles toward its recent companions, who are even now breaking down the camp to get back on the move. The plant is also looking for water after their long haul through that very dry sandy place they just left.

    She stays in her guise as she re-enters the camp, just a slimy dark woman's shape in black studded leather wearing a hood, with wings. The two tiny red pinpoints of light behind the strange old china doll mask aren't very reassuring, but then it waves at the other in the most friendly way it can. It figured that a female humanoid shape was more soothing, so it had enhances the curvaciousness of its outer shape, while slimming it's waste area. "Hello fellas, did your evening inactivity go by well enough?" It only speaks with a couple of its smaller mouths, so it sounds more like a female voice but coming from somewhere in the shoulders of the form instead of from the face area. The trinary quality of her voice is still haunting none the less.
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #3
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,778

    Ignore Oni
    My communities:

    Clyde greeted its return with a sour, suspicious look. It was hard to say if that expression had any significance or not since it seemed to be the one the weather beaten mutie wore pretty much continuously. With an outsized frown he looked back down at their bartered map, then squinted back up at the horizon.

    I reckon we head west until we hit water, shouldn't be hard to find our way from there, assuming the map's worth a damn.

    Find one these here towns, find out what a man has to watch out for around here. Hope it's not the town.

    ooc


    Can we see the hills or anything else of note on the horizon?

    [edit: dur, me can know directions.]

    Last edited by Oni; Wednesday, 20th January, 2010 at 12:57 AM.
    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #4
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Vertexx69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,662

    Ignore Vertexx69
    OOC - I think you mean head west as we are on the eastern edge of the map and just came from that way?
    Remember that every facet of our lives tries to become all consuming if we don't watch it. We need creative outlets like gaming to keep the trudge of daily life from grinding our souls into dust...
    - Vertexx69
    ____________________
    MyGames
    Living Eberron - OOC RG IC
    ToH - IC
    Death of the Dragons - RG IC
    B5 Outrageous Fortune - IC OOC
    Music Inspired Insanity - OOC RG IC
    Welcome to Slimy Lake - OOC RG IC
    Muare Castle - OOC RG IC

  • #5
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,580

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    The large lump of dirty cloth wiggles a bit until a pale, triangular head pops out of the mass and the rest uncurls into the short and stocky creature who seems to be named Grub. Pink eyes blink and peer to the east then quickly clench themselves closed. "Argghh! Bright; bright!" Grub rustles blindly in the folds of the spacious robe he wears until he finds what he is looking for: a strip of leather with slits cut into it much like a mask. He takes the piece and wraps it around his face, adjusting it so that he can see from the slits, and ties it off.

    "Sleeped good, yup! What you doin'?" Grub addresses Deathvine but tilts his head towards Clyde as if he isn't sure whether the man is talking to him and Deathvine or to the map. Grub flops down on the ground next to the rusty pipe that he uses as walking stick and quite possibly a weapon and rummages around underneath his robe again for something in his pack until he extracts a poorly wrapped ration and begins munching on it.

    Apparently he decides Clyde was including others in his conversation and adds, "Water good for thirsty. We there soon?" Whether Grub is bit thick-headed or whether his command of Common is somewhat poor (or both) could be debated. Whatever the case, the humanoid animal has a tendency to respond to only the first part of complex sentences.

  • #6
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    64

    Ignore Alvordian
    The landscape in all cardinal directions as far as the eye can see is a flat, dusty plain; its monotony is only broken by intermittent stands of ankle high brown sagebrush like grass. (You are in the center of the hex.)

    If there is a more isolated, desolate place in the world, the spot you occupy currently would be a close rival to it.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    hero4hire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    3,711

    Ignore hero4hire
    My communities:

    Slade still had his blanket over his head in a last ditch attempt to block the offending sun and eek out a few more minutes of sleep. He peaked out from under his refuge with bleary slits. "Ack! Wretched sun! Is it time to move already?"
    http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Filo_d%27Jorasco_(Hero4Hire)

  • #8
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    64

    Ignore Alvordian
    Gathering up your belongings, and cajoling the donkey to move, you each begin your trek westward.

    After a couple of hours, the ground before you begins to change. To the west and north, the dusty plains begin to give way to green grassland. To the south the flat dusty plains continue, stretching to the horizon.

    Suddenly, a large shape emerges ahead of you, 70 yards away. A large 6 foot long giant spider appears from the grass. It spies you as well, and hisses, shaking its browned furred body in a threat display.

    It is the party's turn. Remember, per the rules, movement and weapon ranges outside is in yards not feet.
    So everyone can move 40 yards per turn.

  • #9
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,748
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    Evening inactivity? thought Alecto with a private smile. I thought I was the robot around here.

    She got her sparse gear together without comment though. Though she looked as human as Slade on the outside, she knew from experience that most folks didn't take kindly to her once they found out the truth. The fact that she looked normal was a point against her then...as if she were somehow infiltrating or otherwise intentionally deceiving people.

    Better to keep her head down, avoid notice altogether. Even among the group she was with now, which seemed cosmopolitan, Alecto kept to herself. Just in case.

    At the sight of the spider she cheered up considerably though.

    "Try to leave the legs intact," she suggested. "That's where most of the protein will be."

    (OOC - Do we roll Initiative? Or are you doing group initiative? My plan for Alecto is to have her hang back and open fire when the spider starts closing in. Can I delay an action to interrupt the spider, or...? Sorry if I'm clueless. )

  • #10
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    64

    Ignore Alvordian
    (OOC Shayuri- take a look at the OOC thread for long answer.)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Mutant Future] Raiders of the Mind Lord's Tomb
      By Electric Wizard in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 97
      Last Post: Tuesday, 14th May, 2013, 09:46 PM
    2. Omaha NE, Dungeon Crawl Classics and Mutant Future at Pretz Con
      By darjr in forum Gamers Seeking Gamers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Thursday, 28th March, 2013, 05:48 PM
    3. Mutant Future - Raiders of the Mind Lord's Tomb RG
      By Electric Wizard in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd January, 2013, 01:50 AM
    4. [Mutant Future]Welcome to Slimy Lake! (OOC)
      By Alvordian in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 68
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th February, 2010, 06:09 PM
    5. How Many Have Looked At/Played Mutant Future
      By Darrin Drader in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Monday, 22nd December, 2008, 09:33 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •