Good published "starter" adventure wanted

NewJeffCT

First Post
I just finished up a long-running (almost 2.5 years) campaign using 3.5.

In a few months, after some of the group runs some mini-adventures, I'll be starting a new campaign from level 1.

I have not decided on 4E or Pathfnder yet, but I think I can take most published adventures and build it into a decent adventure to take PCs from level 1 to level 2-3 or so. I'm mostly looking at these published modules for adventure ideas, a few colorful NPCs and some maps.

The game is starting in a pretty generic out-of-the-way small town - mostly human. The town is on the border of another kingdom and also in a hilly region not far from a large mountain range in a temperate climate (so, no desert, jungle and no oceans)

There is an understaffed keep a few days away from the town that serves as border guards (yes, a Keep on the Borderlands!) - but, there is little excitement around this town, so the keep has had mostly a skeleton crew of soldiers for 20 years or so.

Any ideas of a generic adventure that can be popped into something like this? Edition doesn't matter - 1E, 2E, 3E, Pathfinder, 4E, etc.

Thanks

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Of Sound Mind!

First!

No! NeMoren's Vault is the Fiery Dragon adventure from years ago that he should use.

Seriously. One of my very favorites. Though it might be a little hard to find either.

For 4E, the Kobold hall in the DMG is good for a 1 or 2 session intro, but thats it. Keep on the shadowfell is OK. And I think there is a free version on the WotC website. The chaos scar adventures have seemed a little more creative, though I haven't use those, and you need to be a DDI subcriber.

Check Dragonsfoot. I used the Spider Farm and Melford Murder adventures to begin a C&C game a few yesrs ago. The stats are for 1E. They fit your described setting very well and are free! :D

Remove ads