Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 323
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa

    Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

    Where this all began...


    Back at the Temple of Lauto.




    Characters



    Rocco Shadowlost dwarven fighter played by Neurotic

    Cyr Iannes deva invoker played by Metavoid

    Alissa played by Wynter

    Kryath dragonborn sorcerer played by thaco

    Aurak dragonborn paladin played by CMoss

    Silphyus deva warlock played by THushman

    Ibram Gaunt half-elf bard played by modest



    Stuff



    This is an adventure call for up to six level 1-3 characters, it is designed to be hard difficulty for six 1st level characters.

    This is my first PbP DM experience, though I've DM'd many times before.

    I'd like for everyone to post once per day, but I understand that RL sometimes gets in the way of that. I'll normally PM before NPCing any PC. If there is no reply to the PM for 24 hours I'll NPC the character. (Using only at-wills, or assisting if a skill challenge.)

    This will be a short to mid-length adventure.

    Init will be rolled by me to speed up the process. Monsters will get one init roll, and any PC that beats it will go before them in the first round. After the first round, init will be monsters then PC's. The PC's turn will go in the order of posting. (If you want to delay until after X you MUST indicate OOC that you are delaying until after X.)

    Effects that last TENT will be interpreted loosely.

    Speaking of which, I'm loose on rules. Fun is most important, so if you aren't having fun for any reason please PM me ASAP. I'll do my best to accommodate in any reasonable way possible!

    Looking forward to adventure!



    After responding to the notice on the door, each member of the party made their way into the waiting room. A long way down the hall, and in a rather echo-friendly room, they waited until an aristocratic and pompous fop of a Halfling addressed them.

    Inside the waiting room, the party gives their name and skills to the rude halfling, then enter High Priest Belingras' office.
    Last edited by CaBaNa; Saturday, 13th February, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
    MAGIC!

 

  • #2
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,038

    Ignore Neurotic
    OOC: So we have three (THREE!!) defenders (warden and two fighters), one controller, luckily divine and leader...WE NEED STRIKER(S)!...hm, or another leader.

    Rocco walks through the door into the office waiting for details of the job. Confidential or not, he will not stick around after he hears full story if there's something fishy going on...and he didn't like that pompous little runt not one little bit.

  • #3
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    oog: I might as well judge this one, since I'm down to one game I'm judging at the moment, which is well below my quota, I guess.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #4
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa
    OOC


    I'll finish the opening post, and introduce Belingras before I go to bed.

    I saw that we had 3 defenders, a leader, and a controller. Thought about it, and decided it's going to be fun for this adventure.

    If a striker happens into the picture so be it, but we don't NEED anyone else to successfully complete this adventure. The group we have will suffice.

    Granted it's still going to be very challenging.



    Thanks for judging covaithe! I'll add you to the title



    Last edited by CaBaNa; Thursday, 21st January, 2010 at 12:02 AM.
    MAGIC!

  • #5
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    ooc

    All character careers have been updated for each character in this adventure.

    Please check here to make sure there are no errors.
    here
    Enjoy the adventure!

    dimsdale
    (Self Appointed L4W Archivist)
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #6
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,042

    Ignore MetaVoid
    OOC: Thanks Dimsdale.

    OOC2: now we have only one defender and three characters remaining. It seems we'll either wait for new recruits or go and hope for weaker encounters

    IC:

    Cyr enters behind the dwarf, holding the dwarf (DOOR I meant) door to shamannes.
    "After you, lady" - he bows
    Last edited by MetaVoid; Thursday, 21st January, 2010 at 12:08 PM.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa
    OOC


    We'll get other recruits soon enough, I'm going to put off finishing the opening post tonight.

    Will resume tomorrow, and hopefully fill our ranks.



    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    Kaeysari looks askance at the whole setup. "I mislike this. I do not wish to offend the lord of the dead, but I feel this is not for me." She stands up and heads for the door. "Papolstaanas, do you still wish to come with me?"

    ooc
    Sorry to back out like this, but I'm just can't commit to this one without more information. I know the adventure thread has already started, but with shuffling everybody over to the temple thread rather than doing this in the tavern, I feel like the recruitment process is taking everyone who's not fast enough to back out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    Papolstaanas begins to giggle inappropriately at Chaku's interpretation of the presiding god's name, his mirth only becoming more uncontrollable as his behavior starts to draw disapproving stares. "Loudtoe!" he guffaws suddenly.



    "I--of course I do!" Papolstaanas says, managing to get himself under control. He follows her immediately. "Is something the matter?" he whispers when they are a little distance away.

    ooc
    Apologies from me too if I'm screwing things up, but I was hoping for a little time to make a more informed choice... It does sound like this adventure is fairly flexible in terms of who can fill it anyway, as it was intended for a mix of character levels.
    Last edited by CaBaNa; Thursday, 21st January, 2010 at 08:18 PM.
    MAGIC!

  • #8
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    23

    Ignore Wynter
    Alissa sighs heavily as many members of the group disperse. She wouldn't be going anywhere, not yet. Not until she heard more about the situation as well as the rewards. If the reward was substantial, the Spirit Talker didn't care one bit how she was treated by her employer. Years amongst the Goliaths had given her thick skin, metaphorically speaking. She walks into the office, pausing slightly as Cyr holds the door, "Thank you." she mentions as she continues inward, the rings of her chainmail clanging slightly.
    Alissa
    Requesting Approval

  • #9
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa
    Quote Originally Posted by thaco View Post
    Kryath walks to the door of the temple. He enters the building, carrying the notice he found at the tavern. "Hello, I am Kryath and it ssseemsss like you need sssome help?" the dragonborn says

    ooc

    Level 1 dragon sorcerer. First time PC
    OOC


    The rest of the adventure will be conducted in this thread.

    MAGIC!

  • #10
    Seeing the others standing in the area, the dragonborn says "Oh, hi there, name'sss Kryath. You looking for sssome mussscle?" he asks, in a deep gravely voice

    DM

    Thanks for the opportunity

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    2. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM
    3. The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th September, 2009, 06:38 AM
    4. The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 440
      Last Post: Saturday, 18th April, 2009, 07:44 AM
    5. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •