Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

thaco

First Post
Kryath calls down an icy beam from the sky, but the attack dissipates before it can bathe Issa in it's glow. The dragonborn moves next to her, his quarterstaff at the ready.

[sblock=ooc]
Standard action: Ray of the Moon on Issa - 1d20 4=5, 2d6 8=14 nice one
Move: to Y11 to flank with Rocco (get her please)
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]Kryath- Male Dragonborn Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:8, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used

Powers: Dragonfrost, Burning Spray, Dragon's Breath, Ray of the Moon, Ice Javelins[/sblock]

CMoss

First Post
Aurak calls upon his faith to lend strength to his next attack as he also feels rejuvenated. Unfortunately, although his swing is powerful, the blow is wild and it sails well over his enemy.

[sblock=Actions]

Move: Divine Strength - +4 bonus on damage on next atk
Minor: Lay on Hands on myself - +7hp (costs 1 surge)
Standard: Valorous Smite on Elalaran - 1d20+7=9, 2d8+8=20 - oh mane that would've been awesome

Did we all miss? Really? Wow.... that sucks large.
[/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Will post tomorrow after familiarizing myself with death and dying rules. Aurak I hope you have a huge Wis mod lol..ok so you can use Lay on Hands 2 times per day and it's a minor, rest of the fight depends on you!!! No pressure.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Ibram- Male Half-elf Bard 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:-2/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:9/11
Initiative:+0
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers: Guiding Strike, War Song Strike, Dire Radiance, Thunder's Calling, Majestic Word, Words of Friendship, Echoing Roar
Used: Thunder's Calling, Majestic Word x 2[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Shucks]Yeah, we rolled (one was skill check) in order: 1, 12, 1, 2. Now that you spent all bad rolls from IC it's my turn to crit (since Cov critted me twice!)

Covaithe, curse is more along the lines of Quarry or Assassins shroud then marking.

Also, I'll assume Kryath moved for flank so at V9 (seems he didn't notice her move)
[/sblock]

Rocco continues his dance ignoring the wounds and headache he suffered. Noticing Cyr's fate he takes care to observe the area around the bush he circles coming right behind Issa and swinging both his axes in unison. This time makes the final swing just a bit wider and as first axe whistles above Issa's head second one slams into her!

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Perception (1d20+7=15)
Move: X7 (or adjust to flank if thaco changes his location)
Standard (mark): Brash strike twice with AP (1d20+8=11, 1d6+10=11, 1d20+8=18, 1d6+10=15) - forgot +2 from flank, but I think AC 13 is still too low to hit. 20 however hits for 15 damage. Rocco grants CA to Issa.

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 5

Dark power flares around Issa as Ibram falls, but at the last second Rocco evades the terrible blast. Unfortunately, Silphyus does not.

Cyr scrabbles in the pit, failing to make any headway towards climbing out.

Silphyus and Kryath miss Issa with their evocations. Silphyus moves forward into cover, while Kryath moves behind Issa, distracting her.

Aurak blazes light as his deity's cleansing power fills him with new strength. He takes a mighty overhand swing at the rogue, who nimbly steps aside, letting the blade bury itself in the ground. Aurak yanks the blade free with a snarl, but the rogue is unharmed.

Rocco, alert for traps, circles the tree and comes up behind Issa. She dodges his first blow, but the second lands solidly. The black nimbus around Issa flows down Rocco's blade like unholy water, burning his hand and arm. Meanwhile, Issa wavers on her feet, remaining standing by will alone.

Ibram lies quietly, choking for a moment before resuming his shallow, ragged breathing.

Myri sees her fellow warlock in peril at the south end of the clearing, and fires a blast of power at Rocco. The curse strikes deep, and Rocco's eyes roll up into his head as he falls with a crash at Issa's feet. Dark light swirls around Myri, now, as she steps into the cover of the trees near Cyr's pit.

The two archers continue to fire rhythmically. One sends a bolt pinging harmlessly from Aurak's armor, but the other bolt hits Silphyus in the back, drawing blood.

Elalaran takes advantage of Aurak's big miss to stab him again, once more plunging his blade smoothly through a gap in the dragonborn's armor and drawing blood.

[sblock=ooc]Corrections: Issa's turn from round 4: Issa moves to W8, provoking an OA from Rocco, which hits for 13 damage. Combat superiority stops her movement in Y9. She uses an AP to continue her move. She curses Silphyus instead of Rocco, and uses Cursebite as before, critting Silphyus instead of Rocco. Ibram no longer has concealment, but Rocco's mark applies now, since he's not a target, so that comes out the same as before. Issa has already used her AP, so doesn't make the second attack against Kryath. So Kryath is at full HP (how'd I subtract 5 from 26 and get 19??), Silphyus is cursed and bloodied at 9/28, and Rocco is at 13/31 still. Map is the same except Issa's in W8. She's taken 54 damage now.

Here's a new bit: When Ibram drops to zero, Issa adds one point to her darkspiral aura, which is now at 1.

Cyr tries twice and fails to get out of the pit. (I'm looking at posts 167 and 171. I'll pretend I didn't see the pair of 2s rolled out of turn in 177.

Silphus moves and misses with eldritch blast.

Kryath misses Issa, and moves to flank her. Since she's in W8 now instead of Z10, I'll interpret that as V9 rather than Y11.

Aurak heals himself 7 with lay on hands. He uses divine strength and misses with valorous smite.

Rocco doesn't notice anything new. He moves to flank Issa and misses, then hits with an AP for 15 damage. Issa uses her darkspiral aura to deal 1d6=3 damage to Rocco.

Ibram fails a death save. 2 more failures and he dies.

Myri fires spiteful glamor at Rocco: 14 vs. Will hits for 11 damage. That drops Rocco to -1, so Myri gains 1 point to her darkspiral aura. She moves into the bushes.

Issa steps away from Kryath and uses spiteful glamor: 12 vs. Will misses.

Bandit 2 fires at Aurak, 19 vs. AC misses. Bandit 3 fires at Silphyus, crits for... 3 damage. Sigh; crits are wasted on minions.

Elalaran stabs at Aurak with deft strike: 24 vs. AC hits for 6 damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=status and initiative]

• Myri 35 damage, cursed by Silphyus, 5 ongoing cold (se)
  • Issa 69 damage, cursed by Silphyus, bloodied, marked by Rocco
  • Elalaran 36 damage, bloodied, divine challenged, -2 to attacks TENT (Aurak), cursed by Silphyus
  • Bandit 1 dead
  • Bandit 2 unharmed
  • Bandit 3 unharmed
  • Ibram -2/30 HP, 9/11 surges, cursed by Issa, dying, prone, 1 failed death save
  • Rocco -1/31 HP, 10/12 surges, cursed by Issa, dying, prone
  • Silphyus 6/28 HP, 9/9 surges, bloodied, cursed by Issa
  • Cyr 16/22 HP 7/7 surges, cursed by Myri, in the pit
  • Kryath 26/26 HP, 8/8 surges, cursed by Issa
  • Aurak 6/27 HP, 10/11 surges, bloodied, cursed by Myri

Resources Used:
  • Cyr: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Blades of Astral Fire
  • Ibram: Majestic Word x2, Thunder's calling, second wind
  • Rocco: AP, second wind
  • Myri: shadow jaunt, AP
  • Issa: shadow jaunt, AP, Cursebite
  • Kryath: Ice Javelins, breath weapon, Ray of the Moon
  • Aurak: Lay on Hands x1, Divine Strength, Valorous Smite
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]Myri and Issa: Reflex at least 14 but no more than 16. AC <= 19.

Human bandits: AC <= 24

Elalaran: AC <= 18, Reflex > 11
[/sblock]

[sblock=map and terrain notes]
forest05.png

Squares that are more than half covered in vegetation are difficult and lightly obscured terrain. Entering such a square costs 2 squares of movement. Creatures in obscured terrain have concealment, and if there are five or more squares of obscured terrain between you and a target, that target has total concealment from you.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=OOC]Maybe, just maybe I get off the hook again. Between Rocco and Myri are Sylphius and Kryath. Is that -2 (which still hits his Will 12) or -4 (which misses)...also there is square of bushes DUH! from N12 where she was originally there is no cover :(

Watch this post for death roll
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases