Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry about the delay folks, this week is kickin my rear in RL. In short, test, extra training days at work, and trying to keep the fiance from D&D agro, have taken all of my time this weeks.

Next Wednesday back to semi-daily updates.

There are no shops located nearby, Overgrowth is an impoverished living area. The closest shops are in the Commons, a ten/fifteen minute walk depending on the state of transition. Alissa absconded with her gold and is currently MIA.
[/sblock]

The party moves into the woods, Cyr and Rocco taking the lead, they easily find and keep the tracks in sight.

The woods offer few perils other than an occasional snag here and there. After a half hour of easy pursuit, the tracks begin to fade. Cyr makes some passing comments about the hasty, and poorly done job of covering such obvious tracks.

Silphyus invokes the Voorish Sign at the mention of possibly hidden tracks. So wrapped up in his blue book that he failed to notice the tracks he highlighted.

Aurak on the other hand was painfully aware of the tracks, as the dragonborn's feet were suddenly outlined by a radiant blue glow. The print must have been left by a large creature to envelop Aurak's feet so.

[sblock=OOC]

So the order is, Rocco and Cyr in front, followed by Kryath and Ibram, followed by Silphyus and Aurak.

If the party has been trying to be stealthy as Rocco suggested, stealth checks would appropriate.

[Sblock=Skill Challenge]

Skill Challenge; Find the disk of Obolus, or Learning Lauto's loss.

6 Success
0 Fail out of 3

This challenge is completed in stages, once you reach a threshold of success, you'll be rewarded. Failing at any point will end the skill challenge and the party will receive only the rewards they earned up to the point of failing.

Rewards will be revealed after the completion of the challenge, either by success or failure. (That doesn't mean that rewards won't be given during the challenge...)
[/sblock][/sblock]

CMoss

First Post
Aurak tries to recall anything about large creatures who may have caused such a large set of tracks, specifically any of the shadow creatures that the acolytes mentioned was the Guardian.

[sblock=ooc]
Knowledge - Religion 1d20 2=4 bonus is incorrect, should be +4 so all of a big 6 total... sorry guys... Aurak's more of a talker ;) [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Aurak remembers an old tale about a dragon who was punished for his arrogance by having his body shrunken down to a 7th of it's original size. It was said the dragons shadow never forgave the poor thing, and refused to show itself any longer.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Cyr, how many tracks would you say there are? I'd say big one is the guardian, but how many others?"

Rocco speeds up to match his longer legged companions, but somehow still manages to follow the track without going astray
Perception (1d20+7=22)

OOC: I' think Rocco is slowing you down so this check Endurance for running
Endurance (1d20+9=13)

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: 1 large set of tracks, 2 smaller identical tracks to either side, and 1 feint set of tracks that occasionally disappears all together to reappear later on the trail.

thaco

First Post
With Rocco's smaller legs holding everyone back, Kryath leans in real close to the dwarf and says "Now you'd better get moving Rocco, if you fall behind you don't have to worry about usss waiting for you. We got a job to do and you bessst get your arssse together, I thought dwarvesss were sssupposssed to be made of sssterner ssstuff than this. I guess the rumorsss are just that, talesss ssspun by the little folk to make themselvesss feel big like the ressst of usss" his breath coming out in cold clouds as he chuckles

[sblock=ooc]
intimidate (1d20 11=31) nice... I'm very scary *RAWR*

Not sure this is the best way to do this, but trying to intimidate Rocco to aid his endurance checks to keep up with us. If not, I'll take the 20 and just use Endurance to aid, this just seemed more realistic
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: thaco, LOL, but I don't think it works on PCs, but let's make something out of it...

Rocco looks at longer legged dragonborn and smiles the smile just as toothy
"I'll tell you what. I'll start running now and if you don't keep up until the end you'll publicly denounce this view. Or I'll make your legs shorter then mine. You may get in front for a time, but I'll always outlast you."

Endurance (1d20+9=21)

I took liberty of regraming thaco's critical to re-roll as it pulls on exactly right strings for Rocco to get stubborn and competitive...I'll loose a surge if you think it represents that extra push CaBaNa...

THushman

First Post
OOC: Am I the only one whose getting the feeling that following these tracks is a little...TOO easy? If a priest was involved then he'd know someone would come after him...

OOC: Maybe the Guardian is or was reluctant and they spent too much time NOT fighting it? Or simply didn't care because we'll find closed portal? Or, or...yes, it could be a decoy or a trap, but we're PCs so we go head first into the wall :p

Backtrack:
"I'd say four, one of which is guardian and one of which is levitating, flying or is being carried occasionaly."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases