Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

"And I thought I don't know how to sneak" observes deva drily as dwarf all but uproots poor bush.

"No help for it now I guess. Still it might be good if you two go out as maybe you're only ones heard and seen."

Cyr moves through the bushes toward south, putting some distance between himself and Gaunt and Rockslide. He goes slowly, not to cause undue disturbance in vegetation

OOC: move 3 squares south thorugh narrow opening in vegetation (starting position for the fight) to get better field view (less vegetation between him and the house while still maintaining cover)

Perception (1d20+10=29)

thaco

First Post
Kryath watches with anticipation as the others move in, he sticks close to his draconic ally, Aurak. "If there'sss trouble, they'll need usss to russh in" he hisses quietly to Aurak.

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Update]
Currently working with our judge to find an adequate solution to the incompetency issues. Striving to make your play experience better ;)
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=judge here]Hey, guys. Just to let you know where we stand, here's the plan: I'm going to run the combats, and turn it back over to CaBaNa for out of combat stuff.

I've got the map sorted and am just waiting for confirmation of enemy positions from CaBaNa. There will be an actual combat update today. [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=OOC]
Would thsi be permanent arangement? Or just until CaBaNa get comfortable with map making software?

This is just to set Rocco for starting position - move 3squares down diagonally from his current position...
[/sblock]

After getting everyone's attention by standing up, Rocco moves in front of the bushes he was standing behind and waits for Gaunt to take the lead.

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Ok, that works. Thanks covaithe! Are the bushes difficult terrain or no? If not, Ibram is moving four blocks east and one block south-east. [/sblock]

[d]...[/d]

Ibram confidently strides towards the house in a cheery jaunt, whistling his favorite melody he learned from his mother. Ibram tries to keep a keen eye, as well as ear, open for any signs or signals from those he suspects are waiting for him.

[d]...[/d]

[sblock=OOC] Perception roll at end of movement
1d20+1 → [13,1] = (14) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 1

As you approach the cabin through the woods, the tension mounts. Rocco pauses at the entrance to the clearing, and waits for Ibram to take the lead, as Cyr moves around a patch of trees to the south, looking for a better view of the cabin's surroundings.

[sblock=Cyr]The area in front seems quiet, but as you stop, you catch a faint sound of rustling leaves from somewhere to the north, which quickly stops. Your trained ears easily recognize the sound of someone trying to move quietly through wooded terrain. You look that way, but the trees are too thick; whoever is up there is still out of sight.
[/sblock]

Ibram moves jauntily toward the cabin, preparing to look around more carefully when he reaches the open space. He doesn't get far, though, before a voice calls out, "Now!"

Three bolts come winging towards him from crossbowmen, grimy humans in patchwork leather armor, hidden in the foliage surrounding the house. Two of the bolts strike home, leaving painful but not debilitating wounds. Worse is the wave of magic that washes over him from the southeast, where a female figure, robed and cowled in black, levels a finger in Ibram's direction from the midst of another clump of vegetation. The curse wracks Ibram's mind with excruciating pain for a moment, then abates, leaving a trickle of blood dripping from one nostril.

Just as Ibram comes under attack, another black-cowled figure levels a feminine finger towards Rocco, who screams in agony, clutching his head. The pain only lasts a few moments, and rocks the doughty fighter to his core, but when it fades he still stands.

[sblock=ooc]Due to the outcome of the skill challenge, the enemies get a surprise round, which they use to ready actions.

Initiatives: Kryath 6, Rocco 19, Ibram 12, Cyr 10, Silphyus 13, Aurak 4. rolls.

Rocco waits for Ibram to take the lead. (delay)

Ibram walks out into the open, triggering readied actions. Myri uses spiteful glamor on Rocco, which is a crit for 15 damage. Nice start, eh? :D Issa uses spiteful glamor on Ibram, 19 vs. Will hits for 7 damage. Bandits 1, 2, and 3 all fire crossbows at Ibram as well. Two bolts hit him, for 6 more damage.

Cyr moves and looks around, and hears someone moving stealthily in the trees, well to the north of Rocco. You can't tell exactly where (it has total concealment from you), but there's certainly at least one more enemy yet to make their presence known.

Everyone is up. Ibram has spent a move action, and has a minor and standard left. Cyr has spent a move and minor action, and has a standard left. Everyone else has full turns.

Look for another post in a few minutes with more OOC stuff on how I plan to run the combat.

[/sblock]

[sblock=status and initiative]

• Myri unharmed
  • Issa unharmed
  • Bandit 1 unharmed
  • Bandit 2 unharmed
  • Bandit 3 unharmed
  • Ibram 17/30 HP, 11/11 surges
  • Rocco 16/31 HP, 12/12 surges
  • Silphyus 28/28 HP, 9/9 surges
  • Cyr 22/22 HP, 7/7 surges
  • Kryath 26/26 HP, 8/8 surges
  • Aurak 27/27 HP, 11/11 surges

[/sblock]

[sblock=map and terrain notes]
forest01.png

Squares that are more than half covered in vegetation are difficult and lightly obscured terrain. Entering such a square costs 2 squares of movement. Creatures in obscured terrain have concealment, and if there are five or more squares of obscured terrain between you and a target, that target has total concealment from you.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
You poor, poor souls... cov's taken over the fights? My suggestion: Run now, it'll be less painful, well at least for those without movement penalties ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases