Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"So, now that niceties are done, how about we talk about what you know, what you suspect, what do you expect us to do and for how much."

CMoss

First Post
The door opens and another dragonborn enters the temple. "Hi, I found this on the way to the Tavern. You looking for some help?" the male dragonborn asks the first person he sees, holding the job description paper.

ooc - I have a level 1 dragonborn paladin ready and saw you were looking in the tavern

L4W:pC:Aurak (CMoss - ENWiki)

CaBaNa

First Post
The door opens and another dragonborn enters the temple. "Hi, I found this on the way to the Tavern. You looking for some help?" the male dragonborn asks the first person he sees, holding the job description paper.

ooc - I have a level 1 dragonborn paladin ready and saw you were looking in the tavern

L4W:pC:Aurak (CMoss - ENWiki)
A very annoyed looking acolyte looks up from scrubbing the floor, Waiting room deeper into the temple, you'll hear a rude and spiteful little halfling. Zoundz like zis, er thiz. continuing his work diligently while he gives the answer for the umpteenth time today.

When the dragonborn reaches the waiting room, a snobby halfling asks for name and "zkillz". Once Aurak gives the halfling his information, admittance is granted to the dragonborn. High Priest Belingras has paused in his addressing a group of adventurers, a dwarf is giving the High Priest the third degree.
[sblock=OOC]

Welcome aboard, you just got the last spot in the adventure.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Sorry for the delay, but no update today. Surprise interview for a promotion tomorrow morning...

I'll update ASAP, please feel free to NPC where necessary.

[/sblock]

CMoss

First Post
"Oh, am I interrupting you guys? I was told to come here to look for work?" the dragonborn who enters the room says, somewhat sheepishly.

The black-scaled draconian is short for the race, well below 6 feet, and looks fairly thin also. He wears full plate though and moves with ease, strength is evident in his strong, piercing eyes.

Neurotic

Taking DM seat

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for the delay, but no update today. Surprise interview for a promotion tomorrow morning...

I'll update ASAP, please feel free to NPC where necessary.

Let's hope it's worth the wait, you go to piddly carrier enhancement while RPG waits. Terrible! Unforgivable! :p ;)

Congrats and good luck! We'll wait :cool:
[/sblock]

[sblock=DMing]
Rocco stands up, but suddenly he turns to stone statue! Greenish mist flows out of him and straight into Belingras!

Priest Belingrass looks you all over seemingly not noticing the mist.

"you bunch seem very competent and I trust completely that you'll finish this task. Therefore, my aide will open temple treasury and give each of you 10 000 gold pieces in platinum or gems. What is more, he'll open temple vault and let each of you pick three items from it. That should enable you not only to recover Obolus, but to handle thieves and maybe even boss-man himself."

:) How goes NPCing a DM? Can we go from here?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
"So, now that niceties are done, how about we talk about what you know, what you suspect, what do you expect us to do and for how much."

As per usual I don't know much. We began having issues with raising the dead before the disappearance of the Obolus disk. Our suspicion is that the other ongoing investigation will solve that problem, and that this is an unrelated, but still pressing matter. Pausing in his explanation, Belingras takes a sip from the water at his desk. He shuffles some paperwork, and flips the notes again, scanning the skills section. Before he begins speaking again, the rude halfling steps in and hands a new piece of paper to Belingras.

"Oh, am I interrupting you guys? I was told to come here to look for work?" the dragonborn who enters the room says, somewhat sheepishly.

The black-scaled draconian is short for the race, well below 6 feet, and looks fairly thin also. He wears full plate though and moves with ease, strength is evident in his strong, piercing eyes.

Have a seat if you will, Belingras looks to the sheet, Aurak. I was just giving the details of the contract. As I was saying, Our costs in raising the dead are rather steep without the Obolus for use as a focus. What has cost the public 500 gold pieces could very well cost 2000 without it. a little blood drains from Belingras face at the prospect, Your crew will be expected to locate, recover, and return the Obolus. I suggest beginning in the Chapel of Obolus, and questioning the priests closest to the two shadar-kai. The High Priest draws a pouch from inside his desk, and begins counting, he places 6 stacks of 40 gold on the end of his desk. One hundred and forty gold will be the reward for success, forty up front. Also, the pair took other artifacts of lesser significance and you may keep those as well. A bonus will be paid if the culprits are brought in alive. Belingras gestures to the gold at the end of the desk, Please take the forty gold and begin your investigation post-haste, as each moment we speak, the pair elude you further. The High Priest sits back, and steeples his fingers again, resting them against his mouth.

[sblock=Skill Challenge]

The first skill challenge has been unlocked. I'll be updating the characters page and shooting dimsdale an update on participants tonight. (or in a couple days... ;))

Skill Challenge; Find the disk of Obolus, or Learning Lauto's loss.

0 Success
0 Fail out of 3

This challenge is completed in stages, once you reach a threshold of success, you'll be rewarded. Failing at any point will end the skill challenge and the party will receive only the rewards they earned up to the point of failing.

Rewards will be revealed after the completion of the challenge, either by success or failure. (That doesn't mean that rewards won't be given during the challenge...)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

"That was very informative. Take us to the priest in question then."

Rocco collects the gold and orders the halfling. He then turns to Belingras
"Thank you for your time, reverend father."

OOC: what skills for the challenge? Are these two different challenges?

CMoss

First Post
"Ok, so we need to find an Obulus and bring it back to you. Some Shadar-kai will need to be talked to? I'm pretty good at talking to people." the dragonborn declares.

He'll ask the way to the
Chapel of Obolus.

Once there, the dragonborn will look for one of the priests once there.

"So, the High Priest asked us to come here and help you out, it seems he's heard rumors that the Obulus, whatever that is, has gone missing. Maybe you can give us a bit more information?" Aurak asks, his voice sweet and inviting.

ooc - using Diplomacy - 1d20 9=22

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases