Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe - Page 9





+ Log in or register to post
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 323
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    modest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    126

    Ignore modest



    OOC: Hey, for the two insight rolls posted by CaBaNa, are you rolling for us there or how does that work, I'm a bit confused. I'm going to do a lot of talking with this character btw, hope noone minds! lol..

    "Oi, thanks fer the fine piece 'o wood 'ere," Ibram says to Silphyus, quickly de-stringing the short bow and tying the cord around his waist. "Now, it is as the good dwarf Kargyll 'ere says. I was trying ter track the beastie, but it eluded me. Not ter kill it mind ye, but sketch it. Anyways, 'twas shortly after I met with some wee'uns callin' themselves the Poez that I wound up 'ere. And our good dwarf Kargyll says, I'll tell ye what he says to me, he says," at this point Ibram gets down on one knee, puts a mean look on his face, and crosses his arms, imitating Kargyll, 'Stick around here boy, what we got is information for yoo, and a group 'o them 'adventure' types'll be comin' 'ere in a few.' "

    "So 'ere I am, and from the looks 'o ye lot...I think I bet'er follow ye if yer going for that beastie."

    Ibram has been standing listening to everything going around him while the adventurers were brought to meet Kargyll, trying to notice anything he recognizes in the room that he's heard of on his travels.




    OOC: Rolling streetwise here. 1d20+12 → [17,12] = (29) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2407692/
    Last edited by modest; Monday, 15th February, 2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Dice Roll

 

  • #82
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa
    Quote Originally Posted by THushman View Post
    OOC: I assume you meant me CaBaNa and not Alissa.

    Silphyus gave a short bow to the half elf as a greeting, his hands still sheathed in cold light and dancing shade.

    "A pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Mr. Redboot, and the same to you Mr. Gaunt. I am Silphyus, traveling scholar and collector of esoteric lore."

    Silphyus glances around at the various guards nervously. He made a mental note to learn Dwarven at some point.

    "I don't suppose the Poe Eyez told you what these people looked like, did they Mr. Redboot? Or perhaps this shadow creature?"

    OOC: I'm not sure what skills might be useful for tracking down the Obolus, but I'll make a Detect Magic check to see if I can pick up some sort of residue or some such thing. At the very least I might be able to tell if the Redboots are using sort of magic.

    Arcana (detect magic) (1d20+8=16)

    modest: I'm playing Silphyus, a deva warlock. Welcome aboard and thanks!
    Kargyll responds with the closest thing to a bow the dwarf knew, clapping his hands and rubbing them together, while nodding his head of course. The large smile never leaves the Red Boot while Silphyus speaks.

    While the leader of the Red Boots replies, Silphyus opens his vision to include the arcane spectrum, and is immediately aware of a number of things. Several of the guardsmen, and Kargyll himself, are wearing magic armor. The weapons hanging in the rack, at the opposite side of the room are also magic, probably from Kargyll's private collection. Scared em too much, the shadow monster that is, kept talking about two walking dead girls, and the black tentacles. Mentioned that a human man, living, was with them as well. That's all the information they gave, and all I charged Ibram for, fairs fair. it's obvious that Kargyll's version of fair, means he makes out the winner.


    OOC

    @THushman, actually I didn't mean any of that... it was accidentally copy/pasted with the rest of the skill challenge details... my apologies.



    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
    "There are tracks outside, leading away. Unless it's your boys that have reason to go out, it's our prey. Speak quickly and let us follow!"
    Then move on dark one, don't need a corpse around here anyway. gruffly spits Kargyll,
    Dwarven
    Even deep-down underground dwarves, aren't pale like death. Where is the color of your face dead one?
    And good luck to you. offers Kargyll, locking eyes with Rocco.


    Quote Originally Posted by MetaVoid View Post
    Insight (1d20+10=22)
    Cyr notices waryness of Red Boots, but ignores it. They aren't doing anything suspicious, they have strangers in the middle of their hideout.


    Quote Originally Posted by modest View Post


    OOC: Hey, for the two insight rolls posted by CaBaNa, are you rolling for us there or how does that work, I'm a bit confused. I'm going to do a lot of talking with this character btw, hope noone minds! lol..

    "Oi, thanks fer the fine piece 'o wood 'ere," Ibram says to Silphyus, quickly de-stringing the short bow and tying the cord around his waist. "Now, it is as the good dwarf Kargyll 'ere says. I was trying ter track the beastie, but it eluded me. Not ter kill it mind ye, but sketch it. Anyways, 'twas shortly after I met with some wee'uns callin' themselves the Poez that I wound up 'ere. And our good dwarf Kargyll says, I'll tell ye what he says to me, he says," at this point Ibram gets down on one knee, puts a mean look on his face, and crosses his arms, imitating Kargyll, 'Stick around here boy, what we got is information for yoo, and a group 'o them 'adventure' types'll be comin' 'ere in a few.' "

    "So 'ere I am, and from the looks 'o ye lot...I think I bet'er follow ye if yer going for that beastie."

    Ibram has been standing listening to everything going around him while the adventurers were brought to meet Kargyll, trying to notice anything he recognizes in the room that he's heard of on his travels.




    OOC: Rolling streetwise here. 1d20+12 → [17,12] = (29)
    Ibram takes the bow from Silphyus, and oddly enough pretends to unravel a string from thin air. He wraps and secures the imaginary line around his waist.

    After Ibram's imitation of Kargyll, a few of the crossbowmen and archers snicker, but a harsh glance from Kargyll stops any carousing.

    Ibram remembers tales from the screamer of the Obolus and The Guardian. A many tentacled shadow beast, gifted to Lauto after his recovery of the Disk of Obolus. Peresefa, Lauto's wife, created The Guardian in her realm, to protect the Obolus in this one.

    Kargyll breaks in again, A mighty fine impression, and the story teller is right, I knew the Temple would send for specialists. Kargyll glances the group over at the word "specialists" pausing briefly to take in the pair of deva, and the heavily armored dragonborn. Can't say I've seen them this serious before... Must be a dangerous creature... Kargyll looks towards his compatriots, making sure they understood his meaning, "high guard" wouldn't be coming down until the beast was back.






    OOC


    I'm not rolling for you there, it's a DC.

    If I put up blocks with a minimum DC value in them, if your passive can beat it, feel free to look. If you roll to beat the DC, just link your roll, and then look.

    Also modest, please link to your rolls. You can use the little world with a paperclip symbol to do so.



    MAGIC!

  • #83
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,037

    Ignore Neurotic
    OOC: CaBaNa, could you sblock our posts instead of quoting them? I find it hard to follow, must scroll for longer posts and I've read all of our posts already...I will manage if you find it easier this way for book keeping...

    Dwarven

    "My color is my business, I've left it with my clan. But since you trade in information I'll ask of you this:"

    and continues in Allarian
    "If you hear or know something about Deep Lake clan, any surviving members or it's precise location, I'll be willing to recompense you greatly."


    His voice changes to formal introduction as he extends his hand to Kargyll again
    "My name is Rockslide Falcrunn of the clan of Deep Lake from Valhyr vale. Now I'm known as Rocco Shadowlost of shadar-kai."

  • #84
    OOC: I think there's been a slight misunderstanding...I meant "bow" as in a bend or kneel, not "bow" as in an actual object. Sorry, I should have phrased in different. Hilarious though.

    "Walking dead girls? Curious. Well Mr. Redboot, I thank you for your time and services and wish you the best of luck with your...whatever it is you do here."

    Allowing the energy around his hands to disappate, Silphyus extends his badly scarred hand for an earnest handshake. He then turns to his companions.

    "Perhaps it is time we take our leave here, gentlemen?"

    The deva walks slowly, casually, for the stairs, speaking to Gaunt as he passes.

    "You said you came to sketch the shadow creature? Do you often dabble in such...unorthodox endevours?"
    L4W Character: Silphyus

  • #85
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    modest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    126

    Ignore modest
    Partially aware of his misinterpretation, and noticing the puzzled looks on everyone's faces as he 'ties' the 'cord' around his waist, Ibram quickly says "It's a half-elf thing. Fer luck."

    Bluff check-
    1d20+10 → [11,10] = (21) Roll Lookup







    Ibram
    grins sheepishly at Silphyus's questioning. "Achh..well, aye. I do have a bit o' a knack fer the unconventional. Ye see, I'm puttin' together a book 'o sorts, so's I needed to sketch the bugger. It be just a l'il project 'o mine. No risk, no reward eh? Anyways, Rocco 'ere is right, if that beastie is close by we should be 'eaded out."





    [OOC]
    Ahhaha..yeah I totally read that wrong, apologies. It was puzzling earlier, but now it is quite hilarious. I was like 'Sweet! Short bow!' *sigh*
    [OOC]

  • #86
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,042

    Ignore MetaVoid
    "I don't want to sound offensive, but do you think it smart running after a monster trying to draw it? Do you really think it will stand and let you draw instead of killing you? If or rather when we confront it, will you help or be liability?"

    After he receives the answer Cyr turns after the dragonborn
    "Each moment we waste culprits are further away, so if there's nothing else?..."
    he waits for a barest of moments looking at Kargyll
    "let's go get them!"

  • #87
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    modest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    126

    Ignore modest




    Ibram brings the hood of his cape to cover his head. He takes a step back and half of his face becomes obscured by shadow. His one mischievous, blue eye can be seen, twinkling with delight as he flashes a genuine grin of pleasure.

    "Well I didn't run up ter it in the open, now did I? I'm still 'ere and I live ter tell ye 'bout it. I understand yer concern now, mind ye, and I wouldn't mind sketchin' the beastie after it's dead. This'll make a grand story."





  • #88
    The deva's expression lit up at the words "I do have a bit o' a knack fer the unconventional." His almost giddy tone was readily apparent in his voice.

    "My friend, I think you and I are going to get along just swimmingly. We'll have to compare notes after this business is sorted out."

    In respect to his fellow deva's suggest...

    "I agree with Cyr. We've wasted enough time already, and that shadow th-I mean the Obolus isn't getting any closer."
    L4W Character: Silphyus

  • #89
    The quiet dragonborn watches from the corner, his white scales gleaming in the room's light, looking like polished glass.

    "Yessss, unlessss thisss dwarf wissshesss usss for anything further." Kryath rasps, his serpentlike tongue flicking out and testing the air with the newcomer's presence. "You paint monssstersss? Very interesssting." he comments

    ooc- Kryath here, dragonborn cold sorcerer, sorry for the delay, went away for the weekend with my parents. They surprised me and I didn't have time to come online.

    Aid another in Arcana - 1d20 7=25 (Silphyus' post from last page)

    Hey CaBaNa or Neurotic how do you do those boxes that open up?

  • #90
    "We must stop this shadow creature. It might be the shadow guardian that is supposed to be guarding the Obulus. Where can we locate the Poe Eyez at Kargyll? We should go talk to them" Aurak says, looking to the others at the end of the comment

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    2. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM
    3. The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th September, 2009, 06:38 AM
    4. The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 440
      Last Post: Saturday, 18th April, 2009, 07:44 AM
    5. The Necromancer's Skull (Judge - covaithe)
      By garyh in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 446
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 03:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •