New Lord of the Rings RPG!

Aus_Snow

First Post
Seems Cubicle 7 are indeed a rising star of the RPG world.

Didn't see a thread here, and thought it was worth mentioning. I'm not in any way connected, btw, but I am very curious. :)

Aus_Snow

First Post
Hopefully it won't be crippled by licensing restrictions like the last one.
I wouldn't have the foggiest idea, but I've heard from others that they might only have access to the Lord of the Rings, the appendices, and The Hobbit. Er, if that helps. :hmm:

Apparently, it'll be a custom-built system, and yeah, having real art is definitely a plus. :) Other than that, I'm still hunting around for more solid info.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Hopefully it won't be crippled by licensing restrictions like the last one.
From the little I know, it is basically impossible to disentangle the license issue. Tolkien Enterprises has the rights to license material based on LotR and The Hobbit, while Christopher Tolkien retains all rights for the rest of his father's body of work. Hopefully, someone more informed than me, can either confirm or correct me.

qstor

Adventurer
I liked the old MERP modules but didnt like the system. I think they had great black and white art work.

Then the license was moved and Decipher didnt promote the RPG that much lets hope that this one does better than that one.

Mike

pawsplay

Hero
From the little I know, it is basically impossible to disentangle the license issue. Tolkien Enterprises has the rights to license material based on LotR and The Hobbit, while Christopher Tolkien retains all rights for the rest of his father's body of work. Hopefully, someone more informed than me, can either confirm or correct me.

It is my understanding that the issue is the license is/was to produce games based on the films. The license to produce games from the films extends to the Hobbit and LOTR books as source material, but no other works.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases