Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas lets his eyes go unfocused as he gets lost in the view. He seems slightly dazed for a moment, and starts swaying and whispering to himself. Then he abruptly snaps back to reality and looks around to make sure nobody is laughing.

[sblock=ooc]Nah, I don't mind "wasting" the good rolls. And I like the color skill checks just fine :)[/sblock]

Papolstaanas scurries along with the others, peering at all of the exotically dressed people (and looking away and cringing slightly if anyone stares at him). "See anything that looks like it might be the Two Clouds trading post?" he asks his friends.

[sblock=perception]1d20+6=19. Not quite good enough.[/sblock]

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jynxx laughs at the oarsman suggestion of a tip. He reaches into his coin purse and pulls out a gold piece. "Thank you again." He says as he tosses it to the man. Jynxx tossed it just alittle short on purpose, seeing how solidly footed the oarsman was placed on the deck.

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Coin attack!]Jynxx's toss pulls the oarsman one square... into the water. As that is hindering terrain, he gets a save to avoid going into the square. He succeeds. However, since that will cause him to miss the coin, he elects not to use the saving throw and go into the water anyway. ;)[/sblock]

The oarsman reaches out for the coin and teeters for a moment on the edge of the barge, one foot suspended in the air over the water. Just before the coin drops past him, he curses and pushes off with his other foot, catching the coin but plunging into the water.

He comes up sputtering, puts one hand on the dock and brings the other to his face to examine the coin. "Couldn't tell if it was a copper or gold," he says. "Gold! Totally worth it!"

ryryguy

First Post
It's easy enough to find the Two Clouds Trading post. It's on the northern edge of Fulcrum-shore, close to the twenty-foot-high wooden palisade which encircles the whole area on the landward side. Two Clouds has the air of a general store, complete with a porch where a number of the colorfully-dressed individuals are lounging around on stools and crates. As the group approaches, one of them jumps to his feet.

"Hey. Heyyy!" he shouts, waving his arms. "You from Silverships right? Ya?"

The speaker is a young human, no younger than Jynxx. He has the brown skin that characterizes the people from the Valley of Bone. Geometric tattoos run down both arms. His clothes are... interesting. He has low leather boots on his feet, but the ends have been cut off to expose wiggling toes with painted nails. He wears a loincloth over short, gold-dyed pants. A colorful brocaded vest is open to expose his bare chest, also topped with a bright red sash like those commonly worn in Bacarte. There is a hammered copper torque around his neck, and a tricorner hat, also Bacarte style, on his head. They don't usually festoon their hats with parrot feathers and beads in Bacarte though. A short polished club hangs at his waist.

"All right!" he says excitedly. "I'm Jaronel. Ya, Jaronel! You know, like T'reehamma, from the Five? The Five great heroes. I love the Five! I gonna be your guide, take you out to Silverships farm, ya? Allll right!"

He walks over, beaming. "Oh-kay! You ready to go now? Need rest, get a drink, buy anyt'ing here?" He looks everyone over. "Hello ladies. Hello gentlemen. It gonna be pretty hot out t'ere by the farm. You okay in those clothes? Oh ya, armor, okay! T'at good, we run into big cats or bad warriors, real good! Real tough! I hope you not gonna be too hot in t'at, t'at's all!! Maybe bring plenty of water!"

The kid bounces up and down on his heels, rubbing his hands. "Ohhh-kay. You need anything, you tell me. You ready to go, then let's go!"

[sblock=Insight DC 12 (passive)]The others hanging around the trading post are watching Jaronel with a mixture of amusement, slight pity and mild disgust. More amusement than anything else though.
[sblock=Insight DC 17 (active)]One of the watchers frowns when Jaronel mentions the "Silverships farm".[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=more failed checks]Perception: 1d20+9=14

Insight: 1d20+4=11[/sblock]

"I agree that we should set out as soon as possible. Unless there's something you think it most dire that we will need, best to be on our way."

Mezegis

First Post
Chaku stoicly followed the group, letting the women defend themselves from the jeers of the bargemen, and obtusely ignore the fashionistas on the way to the Two Clouds trading post. As Jaronel proceed's with his introduction, Chaku scans the post, innerly amused that the multitude of emotions that play over the patrons regarding Jaronel.

I too am ready to go, and I have a full waterskin, so I should be well enough, especially with the light rain tonight cooling things off a bit.

[sblock=Insight]I didn't bother with anything from the boatride since it seems Azryah took care of herself, and Chaku wouldn't know fashions if they smacked him in the face, so I only rolled Insight on the post patrons. 1d20+2=12[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas takes Jaronel's words to heart and loads up with some extra skins full of water. (But if this draws obviously amused reactions from anyone, he gets embarrassed and leaves them behind.) Rearranging the contents of his pack to make more space, he pulls Homilies of Azantia out and stuffs it down the front of his shirt.

"How long does it take to get to the farm?" he asks Jaronel.

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Insight:1d20+3=9
Kaeysari just isn't very observant today.[/sblock]
"Thank you for the warning. This armor isn't as hot as it looks, but I will make sure my waterskin is full."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases