D&D 4th Edition Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g) - Page 14





  1. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    "Well, walking's free, and the barge costs money," the gnome answers. "Though it won't be coming out of your pocket, so I suppose you won't care," he adds with a slight frown.
    It is clear even to Chaku's untrained eye that the gnome would rather have the group wait and walk than use the barge. Is the cost more for the person to take us, or the craft we would need? We could bring ourselves over if it's the cost of the man, I have paddled a few boats in my day. I would just feel better setting out with half a day left before dark rather than waiting and potentially setting out into the twilight hours.
    L4W: Chaku- Barbarian LEB: Ryda- Ranger, Thalin- Bard

 

  • #132
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    Papolstaanas is tempted to go sightseeing, but refrains from saying anything, as the others don't appear interested in it, and it is probably a bad idea anyway, given how little time they have.

    DM suggestion box
    I would like to request that this adventure include at least one camping scene if there's room for it. With tents and a campfire and stuff. Maybe marshmallows!
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #133
    OOC
    A camping scene could be fun, but with only myself and Kaeysari having tents, it could be quite cramped.

    Side note: What's the weather currently like, I saw there is snow in the island descriptor, are we talking 30's, -40's?
    Last edited by Mezegis; Saturday, 30th January, 2010 at 01:45 AM.
    L4W: Chaku- Barbarian LEB: Ryda- Ranger, Thalin- Bard

  • #134
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezegis View Post
    It is clear even to Chaku's untrained eye that the gnome would rather have the group wait and walk than use the barge. Is the cost more for the person to take us, or the craft we would need? We could bring ourselves over if it's the cost of the man, I have paddled a few boats in my day. I would just feel better setting out with half a day left before dark rather than waiting and potentially setting out into the twilight hours.
    The gnome opens his mouth to answer, but Castofle is quicker. "Aw, it costs practically nothing, we've got a girl under contract! Yammy's just an old penny-pincher!"

    Yammy scowls at the chef. "Anyone's a penny-pincher compared to you, Cas," he retorts. "Which reminds me, I'm handling the negotiations with the plantain supplier this time. Thirty sovereigns a bushel??? Disgusting!"

    He waves a hand in the direction of Chaku. "Go on then, take the barge if you don't have time to waste. Silverships'll manage somehow."

    Castofle rolls his eyes. "Yeah, what will it be, like five silvers for the lot of them, and their gear? Hope Hedra doesn't have to sell her fleet!"

    The gnome ignores the chef's comment. "At the southern end, third dock in, find Harion. Just tell I said to take you."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    DM suggestion box
    I would like to request that this adventure include at least one camping scene if there's room for it. With tents and a campfire and stuff. Maybe marshmallows!
    ooc
    Noted. Although, I'm not sure if marshmallows have been invented yet. But maybe we can work out something interesting to eat. Especially if Castofle's along.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mezegis View Post
    OOC
    A camping scene could be fun, but with only myself and Kaeysari having tents, it could be quite cramped.

    Side note: What's the weather currently like, I saw there is snow in the island descriptor, are we talking 30's, -40's?
    Tents/Equipment
    You'll have a chance to purchase any general supplies you like at Fulcrum-shore.


    Weather
    Interestingly enough, the weather here is pretty much the same as it was in Daunton. Definitely not cold enough for snow. Of course who knows what season it is with our fluid timeline... and for that matter, who even knows what Daunton's climate is like? But... let's say it's late spring, high 50's, partly cloudy.
    Nature DC 20 (active)
    Your expert weather forecast: increasing clouds into evening, good chance of light rain tonight.

    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #135
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore BenBrown
    Tents/Equipment
    Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    You'll have a chance to purchase any general supplies you like at Fulcrum-shore.
    Or would, if any of us had any money left.

    How big are these tents anyway? I figure they got to be bigger than for one person, but the PHB is silent on this.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #136
    A slight smile forms on Chaku's rugged face as he thinks of Hedra having to sell her fleet to pay for a barge. If we're going to go, we should go soon. By the look of the clouds coming in, we're likely to have a bit of rain come evening. South end, 3rd dock, Harion, and we were sent by Yummy. Got it!

    Turning to his compatriots, I'm ready to go if you are, but no need to rush on my part, there's a good chance one of you may have thought of a question I wouldn't.

    Forecast
    1d20+10=27 Increasing clouds into evening, 80% chance of light rain tonight, tapering off into the morning. Chance of fog for the morning commute, clearing up by mid-day. Hey, I broke 20 on a roll!!
    L4W: Chaku- Barbarian LEB: Ryda- Ranger, Thalin- Bard

  • #137
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    Tut tut, it looks like...
    Papolstaanas has failed another nature check: 1d20+6=12
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #138
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore BenBrown
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezegis View Post
    Turning to his compatriots, I'm ready to go if you are, but no need to rush on my part, there's a good chance one of you may have thought of a question I wouldn't.
    "Only one for me." says Kaeysari. "If Castofle isn't coming with us now on the barge, what time and how will he be arriving?"
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #139
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    Tents/Equipment


    Or would, if any of us had any money left.

    How big are these tents anyway? I figure they got to be bigger than for one person, but the PHB is silent on this.
    ooc
    Well, who knows, you might be passing back through with some more coin in your pockets. Maybe you should have tried to get an advance out of Hedra.

    As far as the size of the tents goes, I'm not too worried about it, it's more of a roleplaying thing, like who gets crammed in the tent with the snoring goliath, etc. If there's something requiring Nature checks, I don't think the tents will make much difference either way.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #140
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezegis View Post
    A slight smile forms on Chaku's rugged face as he thinks of Hedra having to sell her fleet to pay for a barge. If we're going to go, we should go soon. By the look of the clouds coming in, we're likely to have a bit of rain come evening. South end, 3rd dock, Harion, and we were sent by Yummy. Got it!
    "Grrr... it's Yammy! Yammy!"

    Castofle snickers.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    "Only one for me." says Kaeysari. "If Castofle isn't coming with us now on the barge, what time and how will he be arriving?"
    "Oh, I ought to be done here in a couple of hours. Might have to wait another hour or so for the tide to be down enough to take the causeway. That should leave plenty of time for me to go shopping. Oh yeah, did you know about the causeway? There's a bridge of land that runs from here all the way to the shore, but it's underwater unless the tide is low. I could take a boat but I like the walk."

    Castofle continues, "Anyway. I'll be over there in Fulcrum-shore doing various things. When you get back with the zocalti, come look for me. I'll be staying at the Green Skeleton Inn."
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 01:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)
      By pacdidj in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1082
      Last Post: Friday, 12th November, 2010, 08:58 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 03:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •