D&D 4th Edition Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g) - Page 15





+ Log in or register to post
Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1007
  1. #141
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    ooc


    Jynxx would need the components... but he has the create campsite ritual lol. The "spirits" would build one from scratch if we lack the equipment for it. I have 2gp LOL.

 

  • #142
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    // OK, seems like generally a consensus to take the barge, no one really pushing to wait at least... gonna move along. As usual feel free to come back to stuff for questions, skill checks, actions and reactions, etc.

    The group leaves the factor's office and heads to the southern docks. It's easy to locate Harion, a scarred, taciturn woman who simply nods when told that the group is working for Yammy and wants passage to the shore. She whistles and two men lounging on a long barge tied to the dock jump to their feet, grabbing long oars. "All aboard," Harion says.

    The oarsmen give the adventures the once-over as they hop aboard. They give the impression of having seen similar groups before, but the women get noticeably longer looks, accompanied by sly grins. One whispers to the other as Azryah boards, then makes a little barking noise at Kaeysari.

    Perception DC 15 (active)
    "Think the hair color's real?"


    // Ok, yeah, definitely feel free to react here.

    As Chaku boards, one of the oarsmen says, "Hey, big guy, try to stay near the center of the boat, okay?"

    The men push off from the dock and work their oars for a time to propel the boat. Soon the barge slips into a current, and the oarsmen switch to using their oars more as rudders and poles to guide the ship and keep it from banging into rocks. The predominant current is going out with the tide, but the pilots are obviously expert and very familiar with the local waters. They push off rocks and use back currents to reach areas of slack water that they can easily row across. Getting a boat across is not as easy as one might have thought.

    The voyage takes about twenty minutes. The barge arrives at a long jetty jutting out from the beach. The oarsmen guide the barge in, striking the wood with a light thump. They wave goodbye as you jump off.

    // OOC: time is 11:30 AM.
    Last edited by ryryguy; Saturday, 30th January, 2010 at 05:59 AM.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #143
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    Jynxx sweeps off his hat and bows low as the oarsmen depart, "We truly appreciate the expert voyage! You are masters of your craft." Jynxx turns to his companions, "Well... where to?"

  • #144
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ignore BenBrown
    Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    The oarsmen give the adventures the once-over as they hop aboard. They give the impression of having seen similar groups before, but the women get noticeably longer looks, accompanied by sly grins. One whispers to the other as Azryah boards, then makes a little barking noise at Kaeysari.
    perception
    1d20+8=12 I'm pretty good at this when I'm not trying. Honestly.


    Kaeysari narrows her eyes a little, but says nothing. She's put up with petty abuse from far better people.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    The voyage takes about twenty minutes. The barge arrives at a long jetty jutting out from the beach. The oarsmen guide the barge in, striking the wood with a light thump. They wave goodbye as you jump off.
    Kaeysari jumps ashore, and starts walking slowly towards the landward end of the jetty. "Where do you suppose our guide is?"
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #145
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904

    Ignore Mewness
    Papolstaanas gives the oarsmen a startled look as he hears the whispering and the barking noise and then swiftly turns his head again. (He is almost as uncomfortable hearing someone else say something obnoxious as he would be if he were caught saying something like that himself.) He pointedly moves away from the offending oarsmen so that he can no longer hear them, and tries to concentrate on admiring the land- and seascape once again.

    Perception
    1d20+6=26. Well there goes a crit on a perception check.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #146
    Nature what?


    Azryah follows the group, hood still up, as they embark upon the vessel. She tries to stay as out of the way as possible, but it seems a bit difficult.

    perception


    She pretends not to notice the snickering at first, but after a moment decides to reply instead.

    "In my case the hair color is quite real. However, if you're looking for a similar effect, I hear there are some dyes that work wonders. I suggest soaking your head in boiled blueberries with salt; not while they're boiling, of course. Wait until it gets down to luke warm."

    When they land she says nothing, but instead takes up a position mid-pack.


  • #147
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy

    Fulcrum-shore

    The beach slopes up thirty or forty feet from the water. Just beyond it sprawls Fulcrum-shore, a chaotic mass of ramshackle warehouses, bamboo and thatch huts, small merchant stalls and larger stores, livestock pens and granaries, gravel paths and boardwalks. A building on the left has a tavern sign showing a cut diamond floating above a golden half-sun. Straight ahead, back a bit from a beach is a three-story stone building, presumably the Green Skeleton Inn, judging from the, well, green skeleton hanging from a flagpole on the second story. (From this distance, it's impossible to tell if it's a real skeleton and if the green comes from paint.)

    A few dozen people are in view: walking, working, loafing, talking. There are lots of humans and half-elves, some dwarves and halflings, dragonborn and a couple of tieflings, too. Styles of dress vary. Many are wearing "Daunton casual" but the dragonborn and some humans wear silks and lacquered armor. Others wear long skirts or trousers of colorful cotton fabric, and triangular cloaks wrapped around the torso. Many of these have headgear made from copper or leather decorated with feathers and semi-precious stones, a few quite large and elaborate. One dwarf wears eyecatching leather armor that is decorated with whorls and circles of bright red and green.

    Perception DC 20 (active)
    You notice that many of the people wearing the silks carry what appears to be rolled-up heavy clothing, such as fur-lined cloaks. You spot a few of the others with the cotton clothes with sandals hanging from their belts (they are wearing moccasins now).


    // OOC So, geez, everybody posted already while I was writing this... did it take me that long? lol
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #148
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    Jynxx nearly laughed at the people he saw walking around, oblivious to the group that landed. Some of the rich clothing... reminded him of home.

    1d20+10=16 Perception roll

  • #149
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ignore BenBrown
    Kaeysari looks around, intrigued by the feathered headdreses in particular.

    perception
    1d20+8=10 Hopefully IC will be kinder when it comes to hitting things
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #150
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlytheStrong View Post
    Jynxx sweeps off his hat and bows low as the oarsmen depart, "We truly appreciate the expert voyage! You are masters of your craft."
    "Hey, thanks buddy. If you think so highly of us, we do accept tips."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    Papolstaanas ...tries to concentrate on admiring the land- and seascape once again.

    Perception
    1d20+6=26. Well there goes a crit on a perception check.
    Papolstaanas
    OOC: Sorry to make you "waste" a crit. I hope these "color" skill checks aren't annoying or anything... maybe you can get a little extra for this one though...

    You find it's easy to get lost in the view here, particularly of the towering cliffs that encircle the bay. Indeed, since you've arrived, you've felt something about the Isle that is hard to put into words. It seems to have a presence, a weight in the natural world that you can feel on some visceral level. It resonates a bit with the feelings you sometimes have when you use your powers as a warden: the solidity and indomitability of nature. There's also a feeling of tension, but tension that is in balance or equilibrium. The name "Isle of Opposition" seems somehow appropriate to you; perhaps whoever named it felt something similar.

    As you continue to gaze in the distance, you feel as if your viewpoint has suddenly shifted, that you are now seeing from a point further out and higher than where you actually are. From this viewpoint, you can see that where the northern arm of the island rises from the lowland of the Isle, the ground is covered with a thick emerald jungle, a thick canopy of tall broad-leafed trees, vines and moss. Looking back to the south, you can see that the highlands there are more rugged and rocky, with scrub trees and areas of patchy snow. You can even see one area where snow is falling in a flurry right now.

    Looking towards the western interior, beyond the collection of doll-house buildings that is Fulcrum-shore, lies a forest more like those you are familiar with from Bacarte. Beyond that you can see what looks like part of a light-colored plain, but its further reaches are covered with mist, as are the northern and souther edges of the forest.

    Then the strange displacement of your perception disappears as quickly and mysteriously as it had appeared. You're left seeing things from the barge again. It's still a pretty nice view.


    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLaw View Post
    Nature what?

    "In my case the hair color is quite real. However, if you're looking for a similar effect, I hear there are some dyes that work wonders. I suggest soaking your head in boiled blueberries with salt; not while they're boiling, of course. Wait until it gets down to luke warm."
    The oarsman's face turns pink as his companion laughs. He takes half a step towards the deva and opens his mouth, but the other grabs his arm and says, "Big sword, idiot...big sword!"

    The offender stops and shuffles his feet. "Sorry, miss," he says after a moment and turns away to fiddle with his oar.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 01:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)
      By pacdidj in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1082
      Last Post: Friday, 12th November, 2010, 08:58 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 03:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •