D&D 4th Edition Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g) - Page 16


What's on your mind?

  1. #151
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    Papolstaanas lets his eyes go unfocused as he gets lost in the view. He seems slightly dazed for a moment, and starts swaying and whispering to himself. Then he abruptly snaps back to reality and looks around to make sure nobody is laughing.

    ooc
    Nah, I don't mind "wasting" the good rolls. And I like the color skill checks just fine


    Papolstaanas scurries along with the others, peering at all of the exotically dressed people (and looking away and cringing slightly if anyone stares at him). "See anything that looks like it might be the Two Clouds trading post?" he asks his friends.

    perception
    1d20+6=19. Not quite good enough.
    Last edited by Mewness; Saturday, 30th January, 2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: a bit more stuff with reference to P's scenery-gazing
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

 

  • #152
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    Jynxx laughs at the oarsman suggestion of a tip. He reaches into his coin purse and pulls out a gold piece. "Thank you again." He says as he tosses it to the man. Jynxx tossed it just alittle short on purpose, seeing how solidly footed the oarsman was placed on the deck.

  • #153
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ryryguy
    Coin attack!
    Jynxx's toss pulls the oarsman one square... into the water. As that is hindering terrain, he gets a save to avoid going into the square. He succeeds. However, since that will cause him to miss the coin, he elects not to use the saving throw and go into the water anyway.


    The oarsman reaches out for the coin and teeters for a moment on the edge of the barge, one foot suspended in the air over the water. Just before the coin drops past him, he curses and pushes off with his other foot, catching the coin but plunging into the water.

    He comes up sputtering, puts one hand on the dock and brings the other to his face to examine the coin. "Couldn't tell if it was a copper or gold," he says. "Gold! Totally worth it!"
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #154
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    Jynxx's face goes suddenly serious, "My apologies! I am not the most gifted thrower of coins..."

    Bluff: 1d20+10=23 He's not really sorry... and he's trying not to laugh.

  • #155
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ryryguy
    It's easy enough to find the Two Clouds Trading post. It's on the northern edge of Fulcrum-shore, close to the twenty-foot-high wooden palisade which encircles the whole area on the landward side. Two Clouds has the air of a general store, complete with a porch where a number of the colorfully-dressed individuals are lounging around on stools and crates. As the group approaches, one of them jumps to his feet.

    "Hey. Heyyy!" he shouts, waving his arms. "You from Silverships right? Ya?"

    The speaker is a young human, no younger than Jynxx. He has the brown skin that characterizes the people from the Valley of Bone. Geometric tattoos run down both arms. His clothes are... interesting. He has low leather boots on his feet, but the ends have been cut off to expose wiggling toes with painted nails. He wears a loincloth over short, gold-dyed pants. A colorful brocaded vest is open to expose his bare chest, also topped with a bright red sash like those commonly worn in Bacarte. There is a hammered copper torque around his neck, and a tricorner hat, also Bacarte style, on his head. They don't usually festoon their hats with parrot feathers and beads in Bacarte though. A short polished club hangs at his waist.

    "All right!" he says excitedly. "I'm Jaronel. Ya, Jaronel! You know, like T'reehamma, from the Five? The Five great heroes. I love the Five! I gonna be your guide, take you out to Silverships farm, ya? Allll right!"

    He walks over, beaming. "Oh-kay! You ready to go now? Need rest, get a drink, buy anyt'ing here?" He looks everyone over. "Hello ladies. Hello gentlemen. It gonna be pretty hot out t'ere by the farm. You okay in those clothes? Oh ya, armor, okay! T'at good, we run into big cats or bad warriors, real good! Real tough! I hope you not gonna be too hot in t'at, t'at's all!! Maybe bring plenty of water!"

    The kid bounces up and down on his heels, rubbing his hands. "Ohhh-kay. You need anything, you tell me. You ready to go, then let's go!"

    Insight DC 12 (passive)
    The others hanging around the trading post are watching Jaronel with a mixture of amusement, slight pity and mild disgust. More amusement than anything else though.
    Insight DC 17 (active)
    One of the watchers frowns when Jaronel mentions the "Silverships farm".
    Last edited by ryryguy; Saturday, 30th January, 2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: change dialogue color so not the same as PC... LemonChiffon FTW
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #156
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    My communities:

    Jynxx's characteristic smile widened, "Yes, we should go. The sooner the better. We have much to do and not very long to do it."

  • #157
    more failed checks
    Perception: 1d20+9=14

    Insight: 1d20+4=11


    "I agree that we should set out as soon as possible. Unless there's something you think it most dire that we will need, best to be on our way."


  • #158
    Chaku stoicly followed the group, letting the women defend themselves from the jeers of the bargemen, and obtusely ignore the fashionistas on the way to the Two Clouds trading post. As Jaronel proceed's with his introduction, Chaku scans the post, innerly amused that the multitude of emotions that play over the patrons regarding Jaronel.

    I too am ready to go, and I have a full waterskin, so I should be well enough, especially with the light rain tonight cooling things off a bit.

    Insight
    I didn't bother with anything from the boatride since it seems Azryah took care of herself, and Chaku wouldn't know fashions if they smacked him in the face, so I only rolled Insight on the post patrons. 1d20+2=12
    L4W: Chaku- Barbarian LEB: Ryda- Ranger, Thalin- Bard

  • #159
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,904
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mewness
    Papolstaanas takes Jaronel's words to heart and loads up with some extra skins full of water. (But if this draws obviously amused reactions from anyone, he gets embarrassed and leaves them behind.) Rearranging the contents of his pack to make more space, he pulls Homilies of Azantia out and stuffs it down the front of his shirt.

    "How long does it take to get to the farm?" he asks Jaronel.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #160
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore BenBrown
    ooc
    Insight:1d20+3=9
    Kaeysari just isn't very observant today.

    "Thank you for the warning. This armor isn't as hot as it looks, but I will make sure my waterskin is full."
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 03:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 02:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)
      By pacdidj in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1082
      Last Post: Friday, 12th November, 2010, 09:58 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 04:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 06:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •