D&D 4th Edition Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g) - Page 5




+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 1007
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,898

    Ignore Mewness
    Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    The half elf throws up her hands in exasperation. "I thought I was hiring adventurers, not lawyers." She cranes her neck to look up at Papolstaanas again. "And you're really from Bacarte?"
    "Yes, I've lived there all my life," Papolstaanas replies. "Why?" He asks the question in genuine innocence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    Hedra stops pacing and looks around, turning her piercing gaze on each of you in turn, skipping only the deva. "Ms. Azryah says she's on board. How about the rest of you - in or out?"
    "I'm in, I'm in!" Papolstaanas says, in a tone of such excitement that his voice comes out almost as a squeak. He wishes he knew why he was hearing scary voices in his head a short time before, but it's probably not a good idea to say anything now; frankly, he's amazed that Hedra has offered him a job at all. Telling a new employer that one has suddenly started hearing voices in one's head is probably not the best way to keep a job. "Thank you, Miz Hedra," is the only other thing he manages to say.

    rolls
    nature then insight: 1d20+6=22 1d20+1=16

    about the beans
    How disappointing. I used to chew coffee beans, and found them quite zingy even in very small amounts... mostly because the caffeine seemed to take effect on me very fast that way.
    Last edited by Mewness; Saturday, 23rd January, 2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: adding die rolls
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    Jynxx smiles as he sees the woman check her ledger, "Milady, if you prefer we hurry, then perhaps the price should increase. I do not wish to hurry and cause my companions harm if we can avoid it. There should at least be enough gold envolved to cover both our personal expenses and any that may be occured if one of us are injured. I do not believe these brave souls are worth a mere 100gp."

    perception and ... diplomacy?


    1d20+10=24 perception

    1d20+10=11 diplomacy

  • #43
    OOC
    Looks like we've got ourselves a quest! Also, I just realized... Chaku is the AoE of the group, O.o

    DM query: Howl of Fury, would it upset you if I RP the AoE effect of it as a shockwave/thunderclap of my weapon impact instead of me yelling out thunder damage? I'll go either way, I just pictured the attack more the former than the later, and was wondering your opinion on it.
    L4W: Chaku- Barbarian LEB: Ryda- Ranger, Thalin- Bard

  • #44
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ignore BenBrown
    title

    I've figured out why "Food of the Gods". Very Clever. And here I thought it was going to involve giant rats
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #45
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,898

    Ignore Mewness
    @BenBrown: Wow. That looks like some kinda movie.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #46
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlytheStrong View Post
    "I cannot let the deva venture alone, what kinda of man would I be?" Jynxx pauses momentarily, "Do you know anything about this 'other customer'?"
    "I told you, he didn't say much about him," Hedra says, but then sits back and thinks for a few moments. "Hmmm... the only thing I can think of is that Krassus seemed sort of impressed with whoever it is. And Krassus is kind of a snob. So maybe some noble or someone like that?"

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLaw View Post
    "The way you describe Krassus it certainly sounds possible that whoever the other buyer is could have brought some muscle in to scare him. Seems odd that someone else would have found him by random chance if the island is so wild. We may be looking at some sort of espionage. Either way, it makes me wonder what else these things might be good for besides brewing strange beverages."
    "Well, I did try to keep the plantation quiet," Hedra says. "But I had that tasting a few weeks ago, so everyone would have known I must have some sort of source. That could have gotten someone sniffing around. Though the tasting was such a flop, I don't know who'd have cared to."

    She continues, "I guess another possibility is that Krassus might have blabbed to someone. But I doubt that too - he has many flaws, but indiscretion's not one of them. Maybe one of the plantation workers?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezegis View Post
    Chaku thinks for a moment on Hadra's comments, I am no lawyer, but I like the sound of this honest mission. I am Chaku, howling warrior of what was the Windreaver tribe, and I offer my lifeblood for this challenge. Setting down his massive hammer, he locks gazes with the mistress of ships, and casually pulls one of his hand axes from their leather sheaths and puts a small nick in his hand. He then squeezes out a few drops of his blood onto the floor. He then resheaths his axe, letting the small wound heal on it's own.

    That minor display complete, he retreaves his maul and looks back to the group. Now that that little bit is complete, who else will join us on the great beanhunt?
    Hedra is slightly taken aback by Chaku's blood drawing, but after a moment she nods. "Thank you, Chaku," she says seriously. "I welcome your aid." Then she mutters something under her breath.

    Perception DC 15 (passive)
    "I'm gonna remember that move next time the Stevedore's Guild contract is up for renewal..."
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #47
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ignore BenBrown
    Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    "Well, I did try to keep the plantation quiet," Hedra says. "But I had that tasting a few weeks ago, so everyone would have known I must have some sort of source. That could have gotten someone sniffing around. Though the tasting was such a flop, I don't know who'd have cared to."
    "Perhaps someone who has some other use for the beans, or some way of processing them," says Kaeysari.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryryguy View Post
    She continues, "I guess another possibility is that Krassus might have blabbed to someone. But I doubt that too - he has many flaws, but indiscretion's not one of them. Maybe one of the plantation workers?"
    "Hopefully, it will be obvious once we're there," says Kaeysari. "But our job is to insure the safe delivery, not to discover who is responsible for word getting out about the plantation, correct?"
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #48
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    "Yes, I've lived there all my life," Papolstaanas replies. "Why?" He asks the question in genuine innocence.
    Hedra shakes her head at the kobold. "Never mind..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mewness View Post
    "I'm in, I'm in!" Papolstaanas says, in a tone of such excitement that his voice comes out almost as a squeak. "Thank you, Miz Hedra," is the only other thing he manages to say.
    "Good."


    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    "I'm in," says Kaeysari, "I wanted to make sure we weren't being hired as assassins, or simply to rough up peasants. And I will gladly protect this chef of yours."
    "Excellent. And Castofle shouldn't really need any protecting as long as he stays in Fulcrum. But I'd appreciate you keeping an eye on him while you're around."


    Quote Originally Posted by OnlytheStrong View Post
    Jynxx smiles as he sees the woman check her ledger, "Milady, if you prefer we hurry, then perhaps the price should increase. I do not wish to hurry and cause my companions harm if we can avoid it. There should at least be enough gold envolved to cover both our personal expenses and any that may be occured if one of us are injured. I do not believe these brave souls are worth a mere 100gp."

    perception and ... diplomacy?


    1d20+10=24 perception

    1d20+10=11 diplomacy
    rolls
    It was supposed be an Insight check, not a Perception check, but it doesn't really matter, you can always choose to haggle if you like.


    "Hmmph," Hedra grunts. "All the rest have already agreed to the terms. But tell you what. If you bring back good information that helps me open up a new market for zocalti, like maybe the identity of this mystery customer, I'll kick in another fifty gold each. How's that?"

    // and forgot to post this earlier, but this is maybe the more important bonus:
    Major Quest (500 XP):
    Fulfill Hedra's Order for Zocalti Beans On Time
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #49
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    title

    I've figured out why "Food of the Gods". Very Clever. And here I thought it was going to involve giant rats
    A-ha!
    Wow, earlier than I expected! (And that movie does look pretty crazy.)

    I was going to mention, if someone should experience a sort of out-of-character "Aha!" moment like it sounds BenBrown has, please don't blab it out to the other players. Hoorah for Ben not doing so before I posted this note.

    (You can PM me to confirm your insight though.)
    Last edited by ryryguy; Saturday, 23rd January, 2010 at 06:48 PM.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • #50
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    "Hopefully, it will be obvious once we're there," says Kaeysari. "But our job is to insure the safe delivery, not to discover who is responsible for word getting out about the plantation, correct?"
    "Right," Hedra confirms. "And I'm still hoping there's no real problem and it'll be a cakewalk. You'll ship out on the Bluebell Lady." She recites the address of a wharf in the Outer Harbor. "She sails just after dawn, so don't be late. She'll be the ship to bring you back from Fulcrum, as well. Captain Jardin will wait for your return with the beans."

    "Now then, if we're agreed on terms, Neb downstairs will work up some contracts for you. But I also like to seal things with a good old-fashioned handshake." She comes back around the desk to stand before you with an outstreched palm. She looks each in the eye as you shake her hand.

    "And..." Hedra looks back out the window, checking the position of the sun. "I was going to introduce you to Castofle, he was supposed to stop by now..." She crosses to the door and starts down the steps, beckoning for you to follow.

    "Neb! Where the hells is Cas?"

    "I sent Rin after him,"the mustachioed clerk responds. "She says he's in his kitchen choppin' stuff and won't leave. He's sulkin' 'cause they didn't invite him to that *#&@! fancy cookin' contest."

    Hedra puts her hands to her head and grimaces before turning back to the group. "Well, you'll just have to meet him on board ship. And he WILL be on that ship."

    "Good luck, and bring me back those beans!"

    Next steps
    It's late afternoon/early evening. If there's anything you want to do in Daunton - additional preparation or investigation maybe - you can do so. There is no rush.

    When you're ready to depart, make a post saying that you've arrived at the Bluebell Lady.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 01:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)
      By pacdidj in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1082
      Last Post: Friday, 12th November, 2010, 08:58 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 03:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •