D&D 4th Edition Adventure: Food of the Gods (DM: ryryguy, Judge: renau1g) - Page 7




+ Log in or register to post
Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 1007
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    ryryguy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,860

    Ignore ryryguy
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    Kaeysari normally is too shy to look people she doesn't know right in the eye, but she's alert enough to recognize this as a test, and looks Hedra down as she grips her hand firmly.
    After returning your gaze for a few moments, Hedra smiles, nods, and releases your grip.

    Mezegis
    oops sorry, forgot to answer you about Howl of Fury. It's fine if you want to play it that way... I guess you're slamming your maul against the ground? Makes sense.

    As far as I'm concerned players can RP the descriptions of their powers pretty much however they want.


    Sightseeing
    Feel free to do some posts about your visits to temples and various other sights around Daunton... or it can just be passed over as a montage if you prefer.
    L4W characters: Ingot, Hergunna
    LEB characters: Lady Roswyn d'Sivis, Harressh

 

  • #62
    Howl of Fury
    The effect of the power is twofold, I first hit the primary target, which in my case amounts to 2d6+4 damage, then I unleash a Close Blast 3 which must have my primary target involved. Every enemy other than the primary target takes 4 damage, no roll to hit. I view it like an attack from various shows where you hit them so hard, it unleashs a shockwave and damages other people. It only affects enemies, so no friendly fire either.

    If I miss the initial attack, there is no blast, so unfortunately there won't be any seismic activity from ground pounding attacks ... yet.
    L4W: Chaku- Barbarian LEB: Ryda- Ranger, Thalin- Bard

  • #63
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    OnlytheStrong's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma... land of wheat fields
    Posts
    2,787

    Ignore OnlytheStrong
    Jynxx takes off his wide brimmed hat and wipes his brow, "No no, what you heard was me. But the place could very well be haunted. We didn't spend enough time there to really know..." He offers the kobold a sly grin and walks off in the direction of the transport vessel.

  • #64
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,898

    Ignore Mewness
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlytheStrong View Post
    Jynxx takes off his wide brimmed hat and wipes his brow, "No no, what you heard was me. But the place could very well be haunted. We didn't spend enough time there to really know..." He offers the kobold a sly grin and walks off in the direction of the transport vessel.
    Papolstaanas gives Jynxx an unsmiling, angry glare. He clearly doesn't find someone's messing around in his mind to be very funny.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #65
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ignore BenBrown
    "Well," says Kaeysari. "Now we know what our companion is capable of. Shall we get going?"
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #66
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,898

    Ignore Mewness
    When Jynxx's back is turned, Papolstaanas starts thinking all kinds of horrible thoughts, in order to see whether it will produce any reaction--that is, whether Jynxx is reading his mind. He thinks the most horrible thoughts he can think of, like he starts thinking what if there were some cute furry woodland creatures all huddled together in a cute furry pile for warmth, like bunny rabbits and hedgehogs and a baby deer, and Chaku's big hard giant foot came crashing down all of a sudden and squished them, and blood sort of squirted--ugh, that really is too horrible, he feels bad just for thinking that, what kind of kobold must he be, to entertain such terrible ideas, but Jynxx doesn't seem to react at all, so maybe he can't read Papolstaanas's private thoughts, which is somewhat reassuring, because they sure are disgusting--when Kaeysari starts speaking to him, and after one more suspicious look at Jynxx he turns away and follows her to spend A NIGHT ON THE TOWN!
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #67
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ignore BenBrown
    Orchestra MUSIC swells into dramatic chords.

    DISSOLVE TO:

    MONTAGE - SIGHTSEEING IN DAUNTON


    A) Aerial shot of the Great Library

    B) Aerial shot of Candle Hill Monastery

    C) Aerial shot of the Shattered Spire

    MUSIC changes to a fast-paced "American in Paris" type melody.

    D)
    Traffic in the streets of Daunton.

    Kaeysari is pushing her way through the crowd, looking around at everything. Papolstaanas scurrys along beside her.

    E) Outside the Tower of the Five. Kaeysari and Papolstaanas crane their heads and look upwards.

    F) A fish and chips stand.

    Papolstaanas lifts his snout out of the paper cone in which the fish is served. He has breading and vinegar all over his nose. Kaeysari laughs.

    G) Outside the Officia Politica.

    Kaeysari is standing in front of a statue of a pompous-looking public figure. She is making the same pose as the statue. Papolstaanas is doubled over with laughter looking at her.
    CUT TO:

    EXTERIOR - CAFE

    A waiter brings Papolstaanas and Kaeysari tall fruity drinks.
    Last edited by BenBrown; Sunday, 24th January, 2010 at 11:35 PM.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #68
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Mewness's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alameda
    Posts
    1,898

    Ignore Mewness
    Papolstaanas looks askance at his drink, which is so tall that he can't reach the top without standing on his chair.

    "Did we order these?" he asks Kaeysari.
    Papolstaanas (babbling kobold); Pharodeys (living statue); Scarmiglione (singing kenku)

  • #69
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    BenBrown's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    That ol' Bay Area
    Posts
    1,395

    Ignore BenBrown
    "It's a special," Kaeysari says. "We're their five thousandth customer. We got free show tickets too!"


    CUT TO:
    MONTAGE - DAUNTON NIGHTLIFE

    MUSIC brassy, jazzy sort of stuff.

    A)
    Big hall filled with people dancing.

    B) Fancy restaurant. A parade of well-dressed waiters brings platter after platter piled high with food.

    C) Glasses clinking in middle of shot. Surrounding it, in turn, are superimposed shots of people dancing, a lit up sign for the Fine House of Oration, a shot down a chorus line as their legs kick high into the air, a bottle of champagne being uncorked.

    D) Central image dissolves to the bell of a trumpet, with the following superimposed images: the Fish Alley market at night, Papolstaanas and Kaeysari dancing, a neon sign in the shape of a martini glass.

    MUSIC grows more and more intense throughout this sequence eventually reaching a climax at which point it breaks off, replaced by the sound of a loud foghorn, and the scene DISSOLVES TO:


    Early morning, outer harbor. The fog is very thick. Kaeysari walks slowly down the wharf, looking at the names on the ships, and half carrying, half dragging a sleeping Papolstaanas. Ships bells and seagulls cries are heard in the background.
    Last edited by BenBrown; Sunday, 24th January, 2010 at 11:37 PM.
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

  • #70
    ooc
    I must have missed the part about the guide somehow. I'm sorry about that. She wouldn't be thinking she needed a map if she knew they were going to have a guide. That's my bad.


    Azryah departs and heads back to the inn at which she is staying to pack and settle things there. She has a hearty dinner, arranges her pack so that it will be the most comfortable to carry, and turns in early so she is sure not to be late in the morning.

    She awakes long before the sun rises, splashes some water on her face and dresses carefully. She gets some of the first bread out of the kitchen for breakfast and settles her bill with the inn, then heads for the harbor, careful to keep her hood up. She arrives at the Bluebell Lady, gliding up onto the deck, to see Chaku asleep in the middle. She smiles and shakes her head, then looks around for someone on watch so she might present herself.
    Last edited by LadyLaw; Monday, 25th January, 2010 at 01:03 AM.


  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 616
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th January, 2013, 02:27 AM
    2. [Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 748
      Last Post: Thursday, 20th October, 2011, 01:23 PM
    3. [Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)
      By pacdidj in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1082
      Last Post: Friday, 12th November, 2010, 08:58 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 03:35 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •