Pathfinder RPG [PF] Age of Woe




+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87

Thread: [PF] Age of Woe

  1. #1
    Boingy! Boingy! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Mark Chance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,026
    Blog Entries
    91

    Ignore Mark Chance

    [PF] Age of Woe

    It was a risk coming to Vizio's Tavern after sunset. For several reasons it was risky. Of course, there's the curfew. Once the sun sets, everyone is supposed to be inside, doors locked, windows shuttered to keep light in. The Law says that those out after curfew are to be fined five gold and escorted to a place of safety. That might happen, if you're lucky enough to get caught by those few dotarri who know and care about the Law.

    Then there's the reason for the curfew: the scream shadows. No one seems quite sure what they are. Reports from survivors are rare. Reports from reliable witnesses even rarer. Two things are certain: You don't hear scream shadows coming until the screaming starts, and then it's almost always too late.

    Lastly, there are more mundane threats. With the dotarri slacking off and the scream shadow threat keeping most people indoors from dusk to dawn, the dregs and thugs are about the only people you're likely to bump into. Often, they'll bump back, or even bump first, providing yet another reason for the dotarri to be lax in their policing duties.

    Vizio's hasn't changed. The smell of urine is maybe stronger. There could be squatters upstairs, but, if they're there, they're quiet. Of course, it's rather dark. A few candles flicker on the bar.

    The Westcrown Adventurer's Guild has gathered in Vizio's to discuss recent event. Scream shadow attacks have grown more violent. A family of six was killed in their home. The scream shadows broke down the door to get at them. This hasn't happened before, as far as anyone knows. Neighbors report hearing the horrific sounds, but, of course, no one saw anything.

    Add to this rumors that the Lord Mayor is considering even more draconian policies, ostensibly to protect the city's denizens. Whatever the truth of these rumors, it is certain that two mercenary companies have been hired to augment the dotarri. The augmentation hasn't helped. The mercenaries have less respect for the law combined with a general lack of the dotarri's laxity.

    Something has to be done, but what? With a problem this big -- big enough to hold an entire city in the grip of fear -- what can six people do?

    Map Link

    Click here.
    Grab those dice! Gird your loins! Tonight, evil loses! | Buy Spes Magna Games PDFs | Be a Spes Magna fan | Do you know Quid Novi?

 

  • #2
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan

    Wi Yiun human male fighter

    The short, young, orentinal man sits quietly at the table with the others. His ranseur with it's orange and yellow tassels was proped up against the wall, and his bow, quiver, and pack sat under the table. His long que hangs to the floor as he sits with his back to the door, the two crossed butterfly blades shown to those who enter as a warning to approach cautiously.

    Drinking water from a tin cup he listens to the others as they discuss the shadow screamers.

    ooc
    Wi Yiun (We Win ) or just Yiun has taken a vow of silence (so I don't have to remember what color he speaks in lol) so I will be very descriptive about what he is trying to say. I'm assuming us guild memebers know each other, right.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #3
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    11,919

    Ignore Mowgli
    Slip sits quietly, sipping her ale and surreptitiously scratching the ears of the huge black and tan dog laying at her feet.

    Her leathers creak softly as the tiny elf leans forward and speaks in confidential tones to her fellow adventurers. "It's getting bad out there. Whole drekkin' city's going to hell in a handbasket and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. It's about time those of us who give a flip about this place start taking matters into our own hands."
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #4
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Nolensville, Tenn.]
    Posts
    18,612
    EN Publishing Pathfinder Circvs Maximvs Gygax Memorial Fund The Perturbed Dragon

    Ignore Scott DeWar
    Markus listens to Slip while watching the strangely silent warrior.

    "perhaps we need to see what really kicked down the door at that family's home. Call me paranoid, but what if they were disad3ents to the rulling powers and were attacked in such a way to make it look like the screamers? The shadows have never done a phisical attack. Ever. That strikes me as strange."
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #5
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,260

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    A noise behind the bar, a bump and muttered curse, tells of the presence of someone sorting through the detris left behind when the building closed. Presently, a gnome waddles out from behind the bar. He is dressed in bright, garish clothes and wears a large floppy hat on his head. He holds a filthy mug with two fingers well away from his body. "Ugh, this is the cleanest one left I think." Withdrawing a white handkerchief, he sets about cleaning the mug as best he can. He scrambles up onto a chair at the table with the others and fills the cup from the jug on the table. "Worse and worse every day. I've half a mind to pick up and take a berth on the next ship leaving this forsaken city. Sadly I've no stomach for sea travel, so looks like I'm stuck here.
    Now that these shadow beasts know how to open doors there's no end to the havoc they will wreck. As Markus says, perhaps we can find a clue at the house. Maybe even come up with a way to trap one, or follow it back to its nest. Hopefully it's just a group of clever thugs that decided to mimic the beasts for their own gains."

  • #6
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,595

    Ignore ghostcat

    Nydra - Male Human Witch

    A small, wiry human sits, with his feet on the table, sipping a glass of water. The hood of his dark cloak is thrown back to reveals a face that is barely old enough to shave. However, his eyes show suffering well beyond his age.

    Waiting for a break in the conversation, he interjects "Markus has a good point. Any deviation from a known pattern is certainly worth investigating. The question remains though, is this part of the problem or just a distraction? To my mind, as people see it as part of the problem, solving it would be of benefit even if it should prove to be a anomaly."

  • #7
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    "......."

    Nodding his head in agreement, Yuin then reaches for his pack and bow indicating he is ready to go when the others are.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #8
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Nolensville, Tenn.]
    Posts
    18,612
    EN Publishing Pathfinder Circvs Maximvs Gygax Memorial Fund The Perturbed Dragon

    Ignore Scott DeWar
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMan View Post
    "......."

    Nodding his head in agreement, Yuin then reaches for his pack and bow indicating he is ready to go when the others are.
    Quote Originally Posted by from post 1
    It was a risk coming to Vizio's Tavern after sunset.
    "Hold on there, it would be suicide to go out now." He glances about fearfully, "We know not if these creatures can enter buildings and watch from the shadows, as well"
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #9
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,595

    Ignore ghostcat
    "Are you saying we should stay here all night Markus?

    Anyway I have only heard of attacks on small groups of peasants. I haven't heard of any attacks on groups of heavily armed men. Has anyone heard of an attack on the mercenaries or dotarri?

  • #10
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,260

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    "What better way to find some of these shadows than to traipse about the streets and see if some of them take the bait.
    Perhaps the guard and mercs are too tough to eat, or they have a talisman for protrection, or..."
    He leans forward over the table, "...they are restrained from attacking the dottari"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •