[PF] Age of Woe

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
[sblock=OOC]I didn't realize there were people upstairs - thought we'd been meeting in an abandoned building that used to be a tavern. If Slip had realized, she'd have gone up to help shepherd them down before it was too late . . .[/sblock]

From the OP:

Vizio's hasn't changed. The smell of urine is maybe stronger. There could be squatters upstairs, but, if they're there, they're quiet. Of course, it's rather dark. A few candles flicker on the bar.

;)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=MC]Yeah, I just didn't catch that part when I read it before - I should have specified in my previous post that it's my bad for not catching it, not that it wasn't there . . . :blush:

Oh well - there'll be some good opportunities to role play the guilt ridden do-gooder who had to choose self preservation and living to fight over another day over a suicidal run to save the squatters. :D[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Yiun stands ready but watches the others out of the corner of his eye, incase his abilities are needed else where.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Slip vaults neatly over her makeshift barricade and follows Marcus up the stairs.

"We'll head right back down if it's too hot up there. Hold tight!"

ghostcat

First Post
Nydra looks around the cellar and quickly spots the padlocked grill at the end. Moving to the grill he gives a hard tug on the lock to see if it will open. Having failed to open the lock, Nydra says "Mero. Have you anything we can use to get through this gate. If not, can you check with the others?"

Meanwhile, Nydra starts to search the cellar, for anything that can be used to force the gate.

[sblock=Mechanics]Strength check to open padlock (1d20=14)
Perception: +1 to search cellar[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Xenon

Xenon is content with staying down and watching the door. If it opens, he will throw his mindblades at the thing that tries to come in and then goes straight to the cellar.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Upstairs:

[sblock=Marcus and Slip]
At the top of the stairs is a narrow hallway running to the left and right. In both directions the corridors turns after about fifteen feet, running back toward the front of Vizio's. Both Marcus and Slip know that there are small rooms down both of the hallways. It's now quiet. The two adventurers strain their ears against the silence, and then Slip hears a horrible slurping sound from the left. Moving quickly, the pair round the corner, weapons at the ready, the candle light flickering madly but not going out.

The sight before them chills the blood. A child, no older than eight or nine, crouches on the chest of an elderly man. The child is covered in gore from his elbows down where it probes about in the gaping wound in the man's torso. Then, the child jerks his head up, looking at Slip and Marcus. The child is no child. Not anymore, at least. Blood sprays from its fanged mouth as it hisses, making ready to charge!

OOC: Initiative and actions, please.
[/sblock]

Ground Floor:

[sblock=Yiun and Xenon]
Both Yiun and Xenon watch Marcus and Slip head upstairs. They pause for a moment, and then head to the left. After a second or two, an animalistic hiss reverbs down the stairs. Then, up the cellar stairs comes the sound of something metal breaking.

OOC: Initiative and actions, please.
[/sblock]

In the Cellar:

[sblock=Nydra and Mero]
Nydra looks around the cellar and quickly spots the padlocked grill at the end. Moving to the grill he gives a hard tug on the lock to see if it will open. Nydra says "Mero. Have you anything we can use to get through this gate. If not, can you check with the others?"

As she speaks and tugs, the lock doesn't give, but the grate scrapes loose from the wall, part of its metal frame already nearly rusted through snapping in the process. Beyond the grate is a narrow shaft, about three-foot square, sloping downward at about a forty-five degree angle. The stone of the shaft is slick with slime. It descends about ten feet before opening into blackness. There's no way to tell how far the drop is to the sewer at the far end of the shaft.

OOC: Initiative and action, please.
[/sblock]

Remove ads