[Proposal] Kythira regional benefit

pacdidj

First Post
I'd like to propose a new regional benefit for characters originating on the living isle:

Kythiran characters would receive +1 to nature, as their whole lives are spent under the canopy of mangrove forests. This benefit would escalate to +3 to nature checks when actually on the isle of Kythira.

Additionally, Kythiran characters would receive a +3 bonus to all knowledge skill checks concerning the shadowrift and its denizens, as well as the Eladrin ruins and the historic Kythiran Eladrin court.

Also, if this proposal is adopted, I propose that my Kythiran character, Yimayngurr, can switch to this regional benefit immediately.

Thoughts?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
For reference, the existing regions are here.

This seems broadly in line with the others (which go as high as a +4 to Streetwise checks on Bacarte). I vote YES (with the caveat that if Yimayngurr is in an adventure when this passes, he needs approval of the DM to change his character; otherwise, he can make the change as soon as the adventure ends).

covaithe

Explorer
Eh. It's not overpowered. That "eladrin ruins and historic eladrin court" bit seems a trifle on the specific side. Is it established somewhere that I've missed that there are a lot of eladrin ruins around? I don't remember running across any, though it's quite possible there's an adventure or two about them that I've missed.

Anyway, the +3 to knowledge checks in specific circumstances strikes me as something a DM could easily work around if needed, so I won't let it prevent me from voting YES.

renau1g

First Post
I echo Cov's comments about the specific nature of the eladrin ruins, etc, but I'm fine with the background.

YES

Good work on growing the world.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases