Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Like I said never played with the gestsalt rules so I will have them gone over and probably a hundred questions for you come tomorrow/WED.

But for the record if I have two classes in one they will be Cleric/Ranger if thats allowed remember I don't know the rules but a cleric/ranger would be druid like right?

HM

That should be an interesting combination - Sort of Druid like, a little more martial and without the shape change stuff. As Ranger is not a primary spellcasting class that combination would be allowed.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Character Creation

OK, I'm an unrepentant tinkerer but I think I've got my final version of the Race and Class rules posted here:

House Rules: Character Creation

There are some fairly significant changes to the Core Rules as well as to the d20 SRD Gestalt rules, so if you have any questions - or any thoughts about ramifications I may have missed - speak them please!

Rhun

First Post
I just found this thread, so sorry for my late arrival. I need to go back and read through things, but I'm here.

- Matthew

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I just found this thread, so sorry for my late arrival. I need to go back and read through things, but I'm here.

- Matthew

Sweet! Welcome, Matthew!

Everyone's joined the campaign over on OP, so we're moving along nicely.

Mike L hasn't made an appearance here yet - he's got a new love interest taking up his time, but I've got an e-mail assuring me he's got some ideas and is looking at the threads. It may be next week before he really gets moving, but I'm not in any great hurry. You guys will be with these characters for a good long while if things go as I hope, so let's take our time and get some you really like!

Rhun

First Post
Glad to hear we're not in too much of a rush, because I need a little time to come up with a character concept. Iit looks like we have Rogue/Paladin and a Cleric/Ranger? So with that said, I'm thinking something along the lines of a good ole Gish-style PC. Fighter/Sorcerer or something to that effect.

grufflehead

First Post
Hey Matthew

Good to meet you. Look forward to gaming together.

Mike, I've been reading over some of the rule changes. Don't think the gestalt changes have much of an impact on me but they seem reasonable.

And as I'm not dabbling in new races I didn't look into them in too much detail other than to note that apart from Goliath they seem a little powerful compared to the core races, particularly the Aasimar as it gets +2 to 2 stats without any penalties - deliberate?

I like the masterwork items idea, although again, some seem significantly more potent and I couldn't see any indication that any of them were more difficult to come by/expensive. Any reason why the 'Decorative' enhancement gives +1/2/4 to Diplomacy, but 'Threatening' gives double that to Intimidate?

I imagine we won't be seeing anything above 'Fine' for a while ;)

EDIT: belay that about the races. You haven't given us chargen info yet so anything could happen. Doh!

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
hey Mike,

Did the once around OP (saw the new Move Action = Let friend pass HR) very nice I will be using it too. posted in the forum are we to keep it to that about party conception or post thoughts here? Sorry still a little confused on that.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Long Post - Heads Up!

OK, the final word :D on location of party discussion:

We've got a couple of good entries and comments over on the OP forum, so discussion of party formation will be on the OP Forum! (This link will take you straight to it).

Once we get the game underway OOC and IC will work 'as usual.' The Obsidian Portal site will be used for the Rogues Gallery, swag, and information repository.

This might be a good place to point out some of the current uses I make of the OP site:

I usually keep a map of the country/city the group is in on the Wiki main page (the one with the sidebar). I'll also put a 'you are here' marker on this map - it'll look like that strange symbol on the main page only much smaller. (BTW, this is the Pathfinder glyph for 'Open Road').

If you're in a dungeon or exploring a particular area in which it's important to keep track of location and where you've already been I'll keep a map of that under the 'Current Tasks' link on the Wiki sidebar. I'll put a 'you are here' marker on this map as well.

I'll try to keep up a nice, current list of important NPCs under the Characters Tab on OP. I don't think that your characters will be listed there, but the site admins have changed things around a little lately so don't hold me to that.

OP actually has a specific 'Character Page' that's laid out a little differently than the typical Wiki page (see the NPC page for Parnham Pelligrew for an example). Your characters will be on one of these pages, but I didn't want to create those until I get names for your characters, because once you create the sheet you can't re-name it. As I get charactes names I'll create those pages and transfer your character information to them. The current Wiki pages attached to your names will be blank at that point, and available for you to use to keep notes, doodle, or whatever. I'll leave links to them in the side bar, and add links for your characters.

For those of you who are interested, feel free to make entries in the Adventure Log over on OP as well. There's absolutely no requirement that you do this, of course. If you do decide to participate, I'd like for the entries to be done 'In Character' - I think it would be cool to have an 'in character' record of the course of our adventures together.

OK, that was quite a ramble and I've sort of lost track of what I intended to say, which is a good sign that I've gone overboard for now . . .

mleibrock

First Post
Howdy

Hi guys,

Thanks for letting me join your game. Sorry about the late posting, character gen is always my least favorite part as I am such a stickler for getting every bonus I can muster I end up spending days tweaking the numbers. I'll have my race and class worked out tonight.

BTW, Mike... that link (discussion of party formation will be on the OP Forum) does not work.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Hi guys,

Thanks for letting me join your game. Sorry about the late posting, character gen is always my least favorite part as I am such a stickler for getting every bonus I can muster I end up spending days tweaking the numbers. I'll have my race and class worked out tonight.

BTW, Mike... that link (discussion of party formation will be on the OP Forum) does not work.

Really? The games I'm in with you (and the ones I've DM'd) you don't come across as a 'power gamer.'

Sorry about the link. It worked this morning . . .

Well, if you follow the link to the main page in my sig and then the 'Forums' tab you can find it pretty easily.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases