Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

Rhun

First Post
Hey Patterson...any thoughts on another trait for Abraxis? I could really find anything that jumped out to me in the standard traits. I thought you might have something from another source?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Matthew, any ideas about the kind of country/area you want Abraxis to hail from? I have sourcebooks for a country with knightly traditions (Taldor) that might be good. Of course, he could always have fled from Cheliax (run by worshippers of Asmodeus and rife with Tieflings). He could have been born to crusaders joining the fight to close the WorldWound (entry point for infernal beings into Golarion). Varisia's got a sort of gypsy thing going on.

If you can give me an idea about his background I'll be able to narrow down the search for another trait.

Also, don't forget he's got another feat coming (GM 'Leveling the Field' bonus) and needs to buy some equipment.

If you've got too much going on to figure weights and such for the equipment let me know - if you'll just list it I can take care of the rest.

Rhun

First Post
Matthew, any ideas about the kind of country/area you want Abraxis to hail from? I have sourcebooks for a country with knightly traditions (Taldor) that might be good. Of course, he could always have fled from Cheliax (run by worshippers of Asmodeus and rife with Tieflings). He could have been born to crusaders joining the fight to close the WorldWound (entry point for infernal beings into Golarion). Varisia's got a sort of gypsy thing going on.

I kind of built him as sorcerer first, holy knight second. The general idea is that his father was a knight, and thus Abraxis learned his warrior's training from his father. But as he got older, his celestial nature manifested itself, imbuing him with his magical abilities. I'm still putting it all together in my head, but that is the gist of it.

I really like the crusader vrs. the WorldWound angle, though. That sounds right up his alley, as I don't think a full-fledged knight fits the feel I'm going for with the character.

Also, don't forget he's got another feat coming (GM 'Leveling the Field' bonus) and needs to buy some equipment.

No worries, I'll definitely have all that finished by this weekend at the latest. I've already looked through feats and have a general idea of what equipment he needs, so it should only take me a short while to get that finished up.

If you've got too much going on to figure weights and such for the equipment let me know - if you'll just list it I can take care of the rest.

Shouldn't be a problem at all.

grufflehead

First Post
Sorry, my turn to get caught up in work. Just back from an all day meeting and away again all day tomorrow. If I'm not brain dead by the time I get home I'll post something tomorrow night, else Friday. At least we seem to be up and running now.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Sorry about the abrupt shift in the IC - I was trying something a little different and it didn't come off as well as I wanted, I think.

The idea is that you all were pondering your meeting at the Pinnace as you slogged through Puddles on your way to the Soggy Piper.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Traits for Abraxis

Matt -

Here are some potential traits I came up with for Abraxis. I don't actually have any sourcebooks specifically for the WorldWound (other than the general info in the Campaign Setting) so I adapted two of these from traits I found in other sources. The third I made from whole cloth . . . Hope one of them suits!

Hellspawn’s Bane: Iomedae’s hatred of the denizens of Hell and the Abyss has taken root in your heart. You gain a +1 trait bonus to all damage rolls vs. Demons and Devils.

Seeker of Righteousness: Your strong connection with Iomedae enhances your ability to perceive dissemblers. You gain a +1 trait bonus to Perception and Sense Motive vs. others attempts to Disguise themselves or to lie to you.

WorldWound Scout: When you came of age, your parents began taking you on scouting missions into the cities and towns left in ruins by the advancing hordes from the WorldWound. The time you spent there has honed your senses and instincts. Whenever you are in ruins, you gain a +2 trait bonus on Initiative checks and a +1 trait bonus on saving throws vs. Traps and Natural Hazards.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases