Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

Rhun

First Post
Yeah, the thugs rolled really well this time around . . . Gutsy move, though - let's see what Lerissa has up her sleeve to help out now that Abraxis has (hopefully) taken some of the heat off. :)

When you have a party member getting beat up as badly as Mustapha, you've got no honorable choice but to help.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmm... couple things to post.

A) Is combat over???
B) Can I use cure light wounds on a brass man???
C) Is Lerissa evil??? If not she sure is scary??? :p
D) Just got my PF rulebook (only $35 bucks, since I had a 30% off coupon)

Just some things I was wondering about (specially the Lerissa question).

HM

mleibrock

First Post
:)

Hmm... couple things to post.

A) Is combat over???
B) Can I use cure light wounds on a brass man???
C) Is Lerissa evil??? If not she sure is scary??? :p
D) Just got my PF rulebook (only $35 bucks, since I had a 30% off coupon)

Just some things I was wondering about (specially the Lerissa question).

HM

She's not evil but Chaotic Neutral, bordering on evil. I know we have Lawful Good characters so it would not be a good combination. I've created her with one intention and that is to serve the church's goals "by any means". She has NO problem taking it to another level because she feels it's divine. Imagine the middle eastern terrorists. They don't view themselves as evil but rather very holy. Now others may view her as evil which I guess brings up, how are the alignments really created (by whose view point?)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Cure spells are 50% effective on Brass Men (meaning they work every time, but cut the roll in half). Same goes for supernatural abilities that cure (Channeling energy, Celestial Fire).

Combat is over unless you wish to try to catch the War Hounders. They're not a 'fight to the death' sort of crew. More a 'kidnap a bunch of defenseless old men' kind of crew.

Mike has promised me he has plans to role play a gradual change in Lerissa's personality - she will fit into the party.

[sblock=MikeL]No setting the ship on fire with the party aboard . . . :lol:[/sblock]

Sweet deal on the PF book!

mleibrock

First Post
Cure spells are 50% effective on Brass Men (meaning they work every time, but cut the roll in half). Same goes for supernatural abilities that cure (Channeling energy, Celestial Fire).

Combat is over unless you wish to try to catch the War Hounders. They're not a 'fight to the death' sort of crew. More a 'kidnap a bunch of defenseless old men' kind of crew.

Mike has promised me he has plans to role play a gradual change in Lerissa's personality - she will fit into the party.

[sblock=MikeL]No setting the ship on fire with the party aboard . . . :lol:[/sblock]

Wow, so cure light really sucks on him (especially my roll there.)

Worried Mikey? I promise!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
She's not evil but Chaotic Neutral, bordering on evil. I know we have Lawful Good characters so it would not be a good combination. I've created her with one intention and that is to serve the church's goals "by any means". She has NO problem taking it to another level because she feels it's divine. Imagine the middle eastern terrorists. They don't view themselves as evil but rather very holy. Now others may view her as evil which I guess brings up, how are the alignments really created (by whose view point?)

To late for a theology debate LOL. What came first the Lawful or the Evil??? :p

I see another very interesting character and I'm almost generic :( ,but don't take it personal if Leaf takes a while "warming up" to her. :erm:

Not worried about Lerissa every group needs it's Raistlin/Cyric/Rand I was just curious from what you say this should be fun to play out.

And yes I did get lucky on that book, I hate reading on the computer. :)

HM

Thanks for the info, Mike.

Rhun

First Post
She's not evil but Chaotic Neutral, bordering on evil.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and maybe Mowgli can overrule it, but an Inquisitor's alignment can only be one step off from their deity's. And Lerissa's is two, as Sarenae is Neutral Good.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mike and I had this very discussion - he'd changed her alignment to true neutral. I wasn't sure if that meant one step on both axes (axis) or just one step so I gave him the go ahead. However, this is my inexperience coming out, and I'd like to stick as close to the rules as possible.

MikeL, in light of this would you be willing to play her as true neutral? Honestly, it seems a better fit to me anyway, as a chaotic character would sometimes be inclined to go against the law just because it's the law where a Neutral character would be more likely to just ignore the calling of 'restriction' or 'freedom' either one and do what's necessary.

The other part of this is that Lerissa is the servant of a good deity. The inquisitor does what's necessary to serve her mission, but her creed/mandate comes from a good deity (and one who prefers conversion to killing) - so you do need to be careful lest she slip into evil acts and lose the favor of Sarenrae (which would result in loss of her abilities, as they flow from her deity).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases