Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

mleibrock

First Post
Questions

Mike, I have some questions...

1 - Does the fog extend inside the Granary?
2 - What exactly is the photo of?
3 - Would the fog obsure us from potential threats as well if we split and attempt to move silently?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
  1. The fog does extend inside the granary.
  2. The photo is the map for this encounter. You cannot see into the black areas. Actually, you can't see far outside the granary either, but I went ahead and put it on the map for convenience sake.
  3. Unless opponents can see through the fog it would conceal you as well. However, you won't be able to see each other if you separate either . . .

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, my devious little mind is starting to work here. I'm thinking I'd like to figure out a way to take advantage of the unique PbP format to do something really cool with this fight. But . . . it's probably going to take a while to finish it if I do, and it will require some good cooperation and coordination from y'all to maximize the effect.

Here's what I'm thinking:

In this encounter, your vision is limited to adjacent squares. What I'd like to do is create a separate side thread for each of you and take care of your movements and actions separately. This will allow me to put up a map for each of you that will reflect only what your character is able to see, and you to take actions (and me to resolve them) based only on what your character can perceive. When your character speaks, I'll post it to the threads of any PC that can hear what he/she says, I'll post the sounds of swordplay (or whatever else you hear) and the direction they come from to each thread that can hear them, etc.

I'll leave it up to you whether or not you check in on the others' threads - I think it will be more fun if you don't, but everyone doesn't share my, um, tastes, in challenges. :D

What do you guys think?

mleibrock

First Post
gaming

Hi Mikey,

I like the idea but I think it is definitely going to make the fight take forever and it kinda already does so I'm not sure but hey let's give it a try.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Sweet! We'll see how it goes with the time factor.

I look at it like this: We're here to play the game, and this is a part of it. We don't have a deadline or anything, so it's not like we have to hurry through :D. After all, what's waiting for us after this fight? More of the game that we're already playing!

(I'm definitely in a 'Journey' rather than a 'Destination' mindset right now).

I think as long as everyone posts their actions in a timely manner (and with this group that's not a problem) so the others don't get antsy waiting for their turn to come up, the biggest time pressure will be on me - trying to keep up with four maps and keep straight who can see/hear what is gonna be a booger!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
So I'm glad I'm not in your shoes :p because I am game!

I think I might try this "fog of war" format next time I DM a big forest fight or the like.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, I've got the Side Threads created, but there's nothing there yet. Too tired to put anything up tonight.

Tomorrow I'll post a link to each side thread and get you guys started on Round One of the Great Fog of War Experiment!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
First round actions are posted to the side threads. Go ahead and subscribe to your individual thread.

Abraxis
Leaf
Lerissa
Mustapha

To save some time, I went ahead and rolled initiative for you.

Initiative
20 Abraxis
16 Leaf
15 Lerissa (15 Dex)
15 Mustapha (12 Dex)

If you want to post actions before your initiative to speed things up that's fine; I won't hold you to them if a person who acts before you does something that makes you want to change your stated action.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases