Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

grufflehead

First Post
From my perspective, as the 'baby' of the group when it comes to pbp, I found it very entertaining and thought it worked very well. The maps were excellent, I didn't find the slow pace too much of an issue, and having made a conscious effort not to snoop on other people, it did lead to an isolated feel until we latterly got back into a group again. And it just goes to show how much of a leveller environmental conditions are in 3.5/D20/PF. There were about 3 occasions where the first thing I thought of doing was neutered by either the fog, the silence or both - I imagine it could be overused but I don't know why more scenario writers don't employ devices like that to shake things up a little.

Now we're back together again, it will be nice to push on as a group; we're almost having to get to know each other all over again! I've gained a valuable insight into my own character's capabilities (how much it is going to change with the imminent release of the APG we'll find out soon...), so by the time we actually start the AP proper I'll already be quite comfortable with him, rather than A N Other level 1 PC just starting out.

So overall, a success IMO, and thanks to Mowgli for putting in the work to make it happen.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I also felt the isolation effect, espcially when I couldn't see anyone for a few rounds. And it made me want to have Leaf figure out if he can "do it" alone.

And even when we were together near the end not being able to tell if there was another enemy in the darkness I couldn't see attacking someone, or how many were left. Made me wonder at what to do. So all in all it was a very good experience for me very close to realism as RP can get.

I would like to go back and read everyones threads if that is ok. I especially want to see what the reactions were to the channel energy. Unless they could see me they wouldn't know where it was coming from.

Can you put all the links here or in the first post or what not.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Abraxis Hellis
Leaf
Lerissa
Mustapha bin-Hanif

I don't think there were reactions to the Channel; I read that as you either affect undead or living, not both at the same time. Since your channel wasn't affecting them I didn't even think about whether they would feel it or not . . .

Regardless, you're welcome to look through the threads. If you see anything I missed or should have done differently let me know - I might even remember it the next time the situation comes up!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Just read the PoPP seperate threads and I didn't see anything about the channel energy. Is it one of those invisible energies?

And if you wanted pink for Lerissa it is the last square in the first row. :)

Mustapha's thread was a busy one and I don't want to meta game but he should go back over it to review what his character saw.

And sorry I didn't answer Lerissa Leaf would have had he heard her but at that time he was in the silence radius.

All an all a fun experiment.

HM

mleibrock

First Post
Just read the PoPP seperate threads and I didn't see anything about the channel energy. Is it one of those invisible energies?

And if you wanted pink for Lerissa it is the last square in the first row. :)

Mustapha's thread was a busy one and I don't want to meta game but he should go back over it to review what his character saw.

And sorry I didn't answer Lerissa Leaf would have had he heard her but at that time he was in the silence radius.

All an all a fun experiment.

HM

Smart Ass! Lerissa doesn't really think of herself as a female so I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate quoting her in pink.

The lack of response was frustrating to me personally so I know Lerissa would have also been. So agreed, the experiment worked at least on most levels. "silence radius" reminds me of an old American TV show called Get Smart. They had a cone of silence. :lol:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
just read the popp seperate threads and i didn't see anything about the channel energy. Is it one of those invisible energies?

i don't think there were reactions to the channel; i read that as you either affect undead or living, not both at the same time. Since your channel wasn't affecting them i didn't even think about whether they would feel it or not . . .

Odd - for some reason ENWorld isn't doing capital letters right now . . . or it wasn't when I quoted these and tried to put in a big smiley face!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Smart Ass! Lerissa doesn't really think of herself as a female so I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate quoting her in pink.

The lack of response was frustrating to me personally so I know Lerissa would have also been. So agreed, the experiment worked at least on most levels. "silence radius" reminds me of an old American TV show called Get Smart. They had a cone of silence. :lol:

:p Thought you had used pink and Mike couldn't find it. :p

As long as you didn't take it personally then we are all good now the question is how did Lerissa take it. :-S

HM

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Odd - for some reason ENWorld isn't doing capital letters right now . . . or it wasn't when I quoted these and tried to put in a big smiley face!

ENWorld has been having an issue with some caps for a while now. And it seems to be fairly random on what it decides to "uncapitalize." Not sure what's up with that.

Again, sorry for the slow posting all. Work has been beating me like a red-headed halfling! I really, really hope that everything levels out soon.

And to Mowgli & Gruffles: I still hope to get my Omega game going again soon, so thanks for your patience in bearing with me there. With that said, I think we are going to be down to just the two of you, Strahd...and maybe (MAYBE) IVV. It may actually prove more useful to start a different game. Any thoughts?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
If it is 3.5 I have characters I'm waiting to try out. So if you need a least another player I will step forward. :D

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases