Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mustapha is definitely 'Faceman.' I'm thinking Lerissa is 'BA Barakas,' and I guess that leaves Leaf and Abraxis to duke it out over who is 'Howling Mad' Murdock and who is 'Hannibal.'

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I guess Leaf could be "Howling Mad" but watch out for the big pitch fork if he does get angry.

Abraxis has a more caculated and the plan man feel so far.

HM

grufflehead

First Post
Sorry Rhun, I'm not trying to 'hog' the diplomat role with Mustapha - Abraxis is as likely to be able to say the right thing as he is, and in the right situation is probably better given his physical appearance.

I know sometimes you are pretty busy so I just went ahead and started the ball rolling but feel free to chime in/take over depending on how the conversation goes.

Rhun

First Post
Sorry Rhun, I'm not trying to 'hog' the diplomat role with Mustapha - Abraxis is as likely to be able to say the right thing as he is, and in the right situation is probably better given his physical appearance.

I know sometimes you are pretty busy so I just went ahead and started the ball rolling but feel free to chime in/take over depending on how the conversation goes.

No worries at all my friend! I know I've been a bit quiet lately, so please continue to move the game along. I'll bust in as best I'm able. :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Lots of Stuff Here - Read Slowly and Don't Get Overwhelmed :LOL:

OK, a few announcements/ideas:

First, thanks to all of you for keeping up the quality of the role play in the game. I'm lovin' it! Mustapha's turning out to be a great Bard/Alchemist with his stories and bombs, Jake's working in some really cool 'quirks' that are making his background come alive for me, and Abraxis and Lerissa have an awesome 'Angel/Devil' thing going that is working well. Kudos to you guys for coming up with a deep, rich adventuring party!

Ryan has accepted the invitation to join the game. He's reading over the OP stuff and the threads, and should be working on a character concept. You guys remember how much of a pain in the butt I am about this, so you know it'll be a while before he's up and running. I'll work his character in during the intro to 'Souls for Smuggler's Shiv.'

Lerissa and Mustapha both have classes from the Advanced Player's Guide as part of their characters - they'll need to be updated to the official rules. Feel free to do that now if you wish, but I'm not gonna worry about it until we start the Adventure Path proper. If either of you needs any help with conversion let me know.

With the release of the Advanced Player's Guide there are LOTS of new options and toys to play around with - and they're all fair game for you from this point forward.

Retroactively, there are only a couple of changes I'm comfortable with at this point. Don't feel like you have to make these changes! I love the characters you guys have come up with just as they are. But I also understand the desire to play with new toys. The new options are designed to be balanced with those from the Core Rules, so you're not missing out if you choose to keep your characters as they are.

1. Core Class Archetypes: Each of you has at least one Core Class as half of your Gestalt make-up. The APG introduces 'archetypes' - slightly more specialized versions of the core classes that substitute out some of the class features. If there's an archetype for either or both of your core classes that you believe suits your character concept better than the base version, you may substitute it.
  2. Cleric Subdomains: Again, slightly more focused areas within the major domains for clerics (these take the place of the Archetypes for Clerics). Jake, if you want to substitute a subdomain for either or both of your current domains that will be fine, but you need to stay within your original choices - 'Decay' & 'Growth' would be your options for 'Plant,' and 'Ice' & 'Ocean' for 'Water.'
  3. Sorcerer Bloodlines: Instead of Archetypes, Sorcerer's get new bloodline options. Matthew, it seems to me like it would be hard to change out your Sorcerer bloodline and still keep his basic concept intact but you may have a different opinion. While I'd prefer you kept Celestial as I think it's a great fit I'm quite willing to be convinced if you want to make a change.

renau1g

First Post
Hi all. Just dropping by to subscribe to this thread. I'll be looking over the site today and hopefully coming up with a concept soon(ish). I just downloaded the Player's Guide for the AP and will look over that as well.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I just downloaded the Player's Guide for the AP and will look over that as well.

Thanks for reminding me! You guys are welcome to download said Player's Guide as well. It's free on the Paizo website, and will have good information to help you 'get into' the AP.

However, much of it will not be useful to you as you'll all have reason to be on the ship (Pelligrew will be sending the original four on a mission for the Pathfinders).

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Quick question, are you (and should I?) members of the Pathfinder Society?

I am, but there's no requirement for you to join for this game as it's not an organized play game.

The Pathfinder Society is two things. For players it's Paizo's organization for organized play. For characters, it's an organization whose function is the collecting and cataloguing of information and artifacts.

So for this game, the Society is strictly the latter - an in-game role playing tool.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases