Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ocean? hmm... I have never liked the fact that Leaf could shoot icicles LOL I will look into it.

And welcome aboard Ryan, (should I have waited till we were on the ship to say welcome aboard??)

HM

renau1g

First Post
I am, but there's no requirement for you to join for this game as it's not an organized play game.

The Pathfinder Society is two things. For players it's Paizo's organization for organized play. For characters, it's an organization whose function is the collecting and cataloguing of information and artifacts.

So for this game, the Society is strictly the latter - an in-game role playing tool.

Ah....yes I meant the in-game version. Are the PC's a part of this group? If so, should my PC as well?

I'm already a virtual-card carrying member of the PF Society....I am Pathfinder #18493

Edit: Forgot to ask as well, you roll stats right Mowgli? Just want to make sure.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Hey there, Ryan! Welcome.

And Mowgli, I will keep the Celestial bloodline, as it seems to be the best fit for Abraxis.

renau1g

First Post
Ha! That's funny. I saw that when I was perusing the sheets. I do have an idea forming for a Summoner//Rogue, but I need to spend a bit more time with the PF wiki over the weekend. Current thoughts are a Cheliaxian-born PC, the eidolan manifesting as a devilish-focused aspect. The rogue would be for cover as he travels to other lands less open to devil worship/pacts.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Ah....yes I meant the in-game version. Are the PC's a part of this group? If so, should my PC as well?

I'm already a virtual-card carrying member of the PF Society....I am Pathfinder #18493

Edit: Forgot to ask as well, you roll stats right Mowgli? Just want to make sure.

Your PC will also be a member of the Pathfinder Society - I'm already working on his relationship with Parnham Pelligrew and the way his Pathfinder duties will bring him into contact with the rest of the gang.

I do roll stats, but use an odd method - more details once you've decided for certain on a class.

Hey there, Ryan! Welcome.

And Mowgli, I will keep the Celestial bloodline, as it seems to be the best fit for Abraxis.

Excellent. Abraxis actually has two core classes, so feel free to look at the archetypes for Paladins as well. I'm not sure if they'll be up on the SRD/PRD or not.

For everyone: The players guide might be useful if you're thinking of reworking your core class(es) to archetypes.

Ha! That's funny. I saw that when I was perusing the sheets. I do have an idea forming for a Summoner//Rogue, but I need to spend a bit more time with the PF wiki over the weekend. Current thoughts are a Cheliaxian-born PC, the eidolan manifesting as a devilish-focused aspect. The rogue would be for cover as he travels to other lands less open to devil worship/pacts.

As always, I strongly encourage (require?) everyone to play a character that can work as part of the group.

Part of the process needs to be some discussion amongst the players about the personalities/etc. of their characters, so that there's an understanding that even if they're . . . um, difficult . . . at first there's a plan for moving toward being easier to get along with.

That's a long intro to say: unless it's handled carefully a devil worshiping Chelaxian (especially one who apparently summons a devil as a confidant/servant) will cause more waves than we can handle. Not saying you can't do it! Just strongly encouraging every one to chime in on the dialogue about it . . .

renau1g

First Post
No problem, I was just batting ideas around. I'm still looking through the AP Player's Guide. It's weird, but Amazon doesn't have the Advanced playes guide until Aug. 24... sigh.... I have access to the beta/playtest rules until then at least. I do like the summoner though. I was also thinking of teaming it up with the Barbarian as sort of witch-doctor of the tribe, the eidolon would represent the tribe's totemic animal. The Varisian Shoanti seem a good fit.

mleibrock

First Post
Yea... Ryan,

Mikey really doesn't let us do anything we want as far as characters go. He likes a bit more control. It takes some getting used to (not sure I'll ever be fully accepting of his requirements) but it's the price of playing in his game. I'd say bug the heck out of him with e-mails! :)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Yea... Ryan,

Mikey really doesn't let us do anything we want as far as characters go. He likes a bit more control. It takes some getting used to (not sure I'll ever be fully accepting of his requirements) but it's the price of playing in his game. I'd say bug the heck out of him with e-mails! :)

Hey, now! I'm starting to feel a little defensive! :lol: (Sort of)

So in my defense :))):

Everyone has the class, race and alignment they wanted to play, more hit points than first level characters in about any other game, and stats at least up to 'Standard Fantasy' point buy standards (in some cases significantly better). In cases where the stats aren't at 'High Fantasy' levels, there are extra skill points and in some cases feats. And I've just finished saying that as long as the group discusses it and comes to an agreement Ryan could play a devil worshiping/summoning character in a party with a Paladin . . .

I'm really not sure how my requirements are any more stringent than in other games . . .

Maybe it's just that I spell it out in plain language from the start?

grufflehead

First Post
It's weird, but Amazon doesn't have the Advanced playes guide until Aug. 24

Sounds like the same ETA I got for mine over here. I've got it on pre-order but I was so keen to see it, I bought the pdf yesterday anyway. I'm just hoping their print run is sufficient on the APG; I made the listake of ordering the Core rules from Amazon but because it sold out so quickly I don't think Amazon ever got the 1st printing so I had to wait months for a re-stock...

Yea... Ryan,

Mikey really doesn't let us do anything we want as far as characters go. He likes a bit more control.

I'll step in and defend him on this one. His last post was actually as a result of a PM I sent him. I was expressing some, shall we say *reservations* about possible character choices (admittedly based off Ryan's post in the OC forum which could well have just been random musings).

For Ryan's benefit: we went through one of the longest pre-game discussions about PCs I've been involved in getting this set up both here and on the game forum over at Obsidian Portal. When Mike L pitched his initial concept I was very unhappy with it - so much so that I changed my own character because I just wasn't prepared to tie myself down to a paladin with what he was proposing. After a bit of give and take, he shifted his alignment and presented a very good case for how Lerissa was going to develop over time.

Fast forward to a new PC entering. I'm not putting words into Rhun's mouth but I told GM Mike in fairly robust language that with a paladin and another LG character in the group, a 'Chelaxian devil worshipper' with an Eidolon that looked like a devil wasn't on, period. Sorry if that sounds a bit uppity, but really, there is just no way Mustapha would contemplate having somebody like that with us, and I'd hope Abraxis felt the same way. So better to get it out now, than just sit by, let Ryan waste time statting something up, and letting it fester and potentially cause the game to fall apart.

The alternative suggestion of the Summoner/Barbarian sounds interesting and I'd be interested in seeing more if that's something you want to look into further.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases