Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OK I have finally digested my APG, it wasn't as tastey as I was led to believe.

I have found alot of kool things for my WotBS campagin (Can you say Disruptive Spell/Bane against a party with four casters in it?) And I'm looking to see if a Spell Like Ability can be used through Spectral Hand. So any thoughts on that let me know.

But for this game and Leaf in general I see very little. :( Let me take this in order and see what you think.

First Core classes:
Cleric
I am thinking with the trident/net combo and the background where he was always in the water he would take the Ocean subdomain. I don't like the "power" but would take it just to get water walking so no more slouchy boots :p And I don't see him ever firing off icicles like Sub-Zero.

And Growth looks nice over plants but not sure I wish to give up a weapon that will always be there just in case. For growing big, but man what damage that trident would do then LOL.

Ranger - I don't see anything that fits the oceanic theme I'm feeling for Leaf. So just be normal and getting a favored terrian-water and Hunter's Bond (to his companions). If we get to the higher levels he gets things like woodland stride and camouflage so that makes me thing that when we are in the main adventure he may get an affinity for the jungles we are in.

Feats: Don't see anything for goliath's but maybe one or two at most are ok. But he gets alot of combat feats based on his combat style so I might just take the basics. I have been looking at extra channel and channeling smite.

Equipment: wish Leaf had a better DEX because a boomerang would round out his exotic weapons look. nothing there really

Spells: First need to know if you are allowing them. The ones I really think fit aren't clerical but I will work with what there is some are pretty cool for something different. And I get slipstream from the domain, maybe Leaf should get a surf board.

Prestige Classes: Again are we allowed this or just stay gesalt which is good enough for me.

Magical Items: ok I want one of these and one of those and...

Ok that is my take so I guess after all that I am asking what changes you will allow us before the real game begins. Sorry for the rant. Just the book didn't live up to the hype for me.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
My stance for this game (for all of my games other than LPF and PFS) is that if it's published by Paizo, for Pathfinder, it's in play. The only exception to this so far is that I'm not going to use the Feats and Magic Items that are written specifically for the Hero Points. I am using the Hero Points themselves, though. You can find my rules for them in the 'House Rules' section of the OP site.

This includes any of the Golarion specific setting books as well, so if you're character is from Katapesh he or she could take levels in a prestige class that's specific to that country, for example.

(Remember that my rules for Gestalt Classes are a little different from what you'll find on the d20SRD site. I treat the two classes you choose for your Gestalt as a single class, so when you level up you can take a level in your 'Gestalt Class,' thus gaining the benefits of a level in each of the classes classes in your Gestalt, or you can 'multiclass,' taking a level in any other classes available to your character (including Prestige Classes). Does that make sense to everyone? So when it's time to level up, Leaf could become a 2nd level Gestalt Cleric-Ranger, or he could become a 1st level Gestalt Cleric-Ranger/1st level Rogue. Does that make sense?)

If you want to take an sub-domain (Jake only, as these are specifically limited to Clerics) or an alternate class build once this little 'intro' is over that works fine for me. If you don't that's cool as well, as I think there's lots to try out even in the core rules.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I understand your gestalt rules (and I kiped them for my Gods game btw, thank u). I may take a few levels in druid for those water spells then not sure.

How does that play out in terms of power level vs adventure? You going to add encounters or up monster HP to help with balance? If it all is in play but that little bit then I need to think on what I wish to do. How much time do we have before the first AP advemture?

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
One way or another you're about to finish up Silent Tide - this is the last fight. Then you've just got to get the code book and stop the complete destruction of Absalom by the hordes of centuries old undead. :D

Not sure what I'll need to do in terms of relative power levels yet. If there's any error it'll be you guys on the strong end for sure.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmm... is Absalom key to the upcoming adventure path?? I thought it took place on an island??

What if we were to fail and the undead attacked and we escaped the city on a boat?? That would be a great tie in. And not succeeding this first "job" would make Leaf twice as determined in the future.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Absalom is 'The City at the Center of the World!' It's key to everything that happens around the Inner Sea ;).

Succeed or fail is up to you (and the dice, of course). Absalom has become a home away from home for all of you, and in that way it is truly a key to everything that happens after . . . but the AP proper takes place primarily in the Mwangi Expanse and it's environs, so escaping the city as it burns is a possibility!

renau1g

First Post
What if we were to fail and the undead attacked and we escaped the city on a boat?? That would be a great tie in. And not succeeding this first "job" would make Leaf twice as determined in the future.

HM

Sounds like the ending to one of the scenes in Left 4 Dead 2... zombies are coming and you escape on a riverboat as they swarm the area. Awesome game, one of my favorites to blow off some steam.

Rhun

First Post
Just an FYI...I'm still weighing the decision of spell casting Paladin vrs. non-spell casting Warrior of the Holy Light. I'm around, and have read up on the info...just busy of late.

Remove ads