Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The NPCs start with an attitude of 'Unfriendly.' DC for the diplomacy check to shift that to 'Indifferent' is 20 + CHA Modifier (Core Rules). Indifferent is actually pretty good . . . it allows the NPC to fill one of two rolls for the camp (guard or entertainer for Aerys, for example).

Each of them has some other events or actions that will shift them without a diplomacy check . . . Jask became friendly as soon as you freed him from his manacles and restored his equipment to him, for example. Each of them also has a 'mini-quest' that will both move them to Helpful and trigger them to grant you a small boon. All of these things will take a little teasing out; they won't just give 'em to you.

Until they become Helpful, their attitude can shift down as well as up due to events or handling by the PCs. Once Helpful, they can shift back down but it takes something more major to do it.

EDIT: Poor diplomacy checks will shift the NPC attitude down rather than up. Looks like you'll have your work cut out for you in a couple of cases.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
No kidding *sigh* when will we know or could you list there current demeanor towards the group in the wiki. I not sure I want to talk to Jask now what if Leaf starts him on a downward spiral. :eek:

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
This I can do! Let me just decide exactly where I want to put it, and I'll let you know when it's up.

BTW, you guys are doing great with the RP! Keep it up!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Done! I put a link to the page at the top of the 'Current Tasks' page, and you all should be getting an e-mail notification as well.

I'm trying to decide how to play Gelik and Sasha's responses, and (less difficult) Aerys' final response to Abraxis.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OK, three down for the evening. BTW, you can only make your diplomacy checks once a day, but I am taking your actions through the day into account to give modifiers to the rolls.

Rhun

First Post
Oh, hey...one other question: Any idea how long before we make the ascension to 2nd level? I don't remember any XPs being handed out for our combats, so I wasn't sure if you are even using them?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I am using them, but in order to keep you guys on track with the AP I didn't progress you at all for that first short adventure - I used it as a 'tune up' to get the party together and work out the kinks (and to kill time while waiting for the first installment of the AP to come out).

So far you've each got 226 XP (for the Eurypterids and for bringing Jask up to Friendly attitude).

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Each of you can take one diplomacy check 'vs.' each NPC/Day, but I need to know which castaway you're working and how you approach them, as it will make a difference in how I modify your dice rolls. In this case, for instance, Lerissa's actions to protect them and Leaf's statement of concern are excellent 'Aid Another' RP but I'll need some IC statements to specific NPCs (that might also affect the check either positively or negatively) to let me know which specific one you're 'working.'

Also a piece of GM advice - you'll want your best diplomats working those NPCs that have gone down to 'Hostile,' and likely some of you will want to 'Aid Another' to help them out; the DCs will be high.

I went ahead and rolled Lerissa's and Leaf's Aid Another checks:
Aid Another (1d20=13)
Aid Another (1d20=20)

Diplomacy Checks to improve castaway attitude made today by Abraxis or Auron will get a +4 bonus. Does that make sense to everyone?

Last edited:

Remove ads