Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

mleibrock

First Post
Each of you can take one diplomacy check 'vs.' each NPC/Day, but I need to know which castaway you're working and how you approach them, as it will make a difference in how I modify your dice rolls. In this case, for instance, Lerissa's actions to protect them and Leaf's statement of concern are excellent 'Aid Another' RP but I'll need some IC statements to specific NPCs (that might also affect the check either positively or negatively) to let me know which specific one you're 'working.'

Also a piece of GM advice - you'll want your best diplomats working those NPCs that have gone down to 'Hostile,' and likely some of you will want to 'Aid Another' to help them out; the DCs will be high.

I went ahead and rolled Lerissa's and Leaf's Aid Another checks:
Aid Another (1d20=13)
Aid Another (1d20=20)

Diplomacy Checks to improve castaway attitude made today by Abraxis or Auron will get a +4 bonus. Does that make sense to everyone?

Understood. I realize I've put Lerissa in a rather unusal position but I'm using this as a growth opportunity for her. Hopefully she will come around to true neutral after all this and realize that manipulation and intimidation are not always the best methods for getting her way.

So, Lerissa has no bonuses in Diplomacy so she probably should always be aiding another. She rolled a nat 1 with her watch with Ish, so he might need some serious work by Abraxis.

It might be a good idea to switch up the watch order tonight to put Abraxis on another hostile party member tonight.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
So, Lerissa has no bonuses in Diplomacy so she probably should always be aiding another. She rolled a nat 1 with her watch with Ish, so he might need some serious work by Abraxis.

It might be a good idea to switch up the watch order tonight to put Abraxis on another hostile party member tonight.

That works for Abraxis. We can certainly see if he can help improve some of their dispositions.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Tomato, Tomahto, Potato, Zombie!

Potato%20Zombies.jpg

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
If any of you have edited your character sheets on OP recently, you may have noticed a new feature.

I'm not sure what it will look like for Players, as I've only seen it with my GM account, but on my sheet there's a link to 'Add a Player Secret.' This is a place to put information known only to your character and the GM, and if it's working correctly the owner of that particular character and the GM (me) should be the only ones able to see it.

I've made use of it a couple of times in this game as a place to put information given to particular characters that they haven't shared with the rest of the group yet; if you get an e-mail notification that the page has been edited but don't see any obvious changes, look toward the bottom (under your history/background) for that section as it may be that I've added something there.

mleibrock

First Post
Agreed, it's sounds like a very useful tool. I've checked both my OP characters and so you know, I do not see anything similar to what you've mentioned.

Remove ads