Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [OOC 01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm feeling generous today - I'll give you fishing line for free, and the weight is negligible. :D

Though I figured him for a 'fish tickler;' you know, one of those who kneels quietly by the side of the pool or stream, hands in the water, and just grabs 'em!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I think tickler being close to a DEX way of fishing, and line and net being more a STR type ;)

I believe I am done with my character crunch wise and just need you to give him the once over.

Bio will be complete by the 1st.

Jake

Rhun

First Post
Man, if HM isn't completely done with his PC yet, that makes me feel much better about my own slacking. I've got a couple of busy days coming up, but I really hope to get caught up Saturday/Sunday and get my PC done.

FYI, my bosses decided to send me to Vegas overnight to schmooze some customers on the 1st-2nd, so those two days will likely be pretty screwed for me.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Dang, I hate when real life gets in the way of my gaming! :D

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Matt, and Saturday/Sunday will be fine.

No worries about the 1st/2nd - you know the early days of a new game are usually the most 'post intensive,' but I'm sure it will all work out . . .

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
You full-up here, Mowgli, or do you still have a slot open?

*nevermind. just saw the 'closed' sign. *sigh* Enjoy, guys!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Re: Knowledge/Perception Checks

Generally speaking, I prefer to make knowledge and skill checks on behalf of the players . . . rest assured this is not a trust issue at all, I see it as an issue of game flow and immersion.

If you'll describe what you wish to do I'll decide which skill is most appropriate for your description, assign modifiers based on that same description, and make the check. This just seems to me to keep the story flowing and puts mechanics in the background, making for a more 'organic' feel.

I also use the 'Passive Perception' mechanic - any time your characters are in a situation in which they would naturally be wary (such as your pending trip into the Puddles) I assume they are taking 10 on Perception as a matter of course. Any time you'd like me to actually roll a check you can cue that with a simple statement about looking for something (e.g. "Larissa looks around warily, trying to make sure that nothing is lurking in the shadows.")

Also, I'm quite aware of my shortcomings - I'm getting old and forgetful. So if you think I'm forgetting something or shorting your character somehow, please check me on it. It's not intentional (unless there's a valid story/rules reason for it) and I won't take offense at being questioned!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
(Previous post was, BTW, meant as agreement with and expansion of Malcolm's expressed sentiment of not rolling a plethora of random Knowledge Checks).

mleibrock

First Post
OOps

Sorry Mikey, was not meaning to sound demanding but with Lerissa, she would like very specific direction on what she is to do and what limits she has to work with. Not really sure how to go about that. As a player I want this to work for you but playing a chaotic neutral character I can see lots of room to run a muck as you say. If you are OK with it, I am but I'm just thinking here is your chance to put certain limits on the party before we agree to the job.

Do you get my drift?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I get you! I was joking about the demanding part - it struck me funny to see the now stuck in there. I meant to put something about the limits in one of Pelligrew's earlier posts but got caught up in something else he was saying and forgot.

Pathfinders (even Venture-Captains) come in all shapes, sizes and philosophical bents. Pelligrew is Chaotic Good, so his big beef with you getting on the wrong side of the law will be the inconvenience of having to deal with the Muckruckers if they jail (or kill) you. But he's a good guy, so it definitely won't be 'no holds barred' as far as he's concerned.

You guys would likely know that about him, as he would have been one of your trainers (probably in grappling/unarmed combat).

Of course, once Abraxis joins the group most of your 'underhanded' tactics will have to be worked without him catching on . . .

mleibrock

First Post
:)

I thought you were joking but caught myself second guessing. As I get older, I find my writing is more and more stream of consciousness and I have to force myself to go back and re-read what I wrote because I know to most folks it will not make much sense because it is very disjointed. Alzheimer's here I come!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases