Pathfinders of Pelligrew's Pinnace [IC 01]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The steady drumming of the rain on the roof combines with the salty air and the gentle rocking of the Pinnace. It's late afternoon, the first Wealday of the month of Desnus; after near three years of grueling training and testing you've made it into the Society. Your new Venture-Captain, Parnham Pelligrew, has summoned you to the pub he owns and operates. The summons was vaguely worded and seemed curt . . . have you made some misstep already? Or are you to be given your first assignment as full fledged (if junior) Pathfinders?

Newly made Pathfinders, and anxious to get started on the right foot, three of you present yourselves at the converted ship promptly at the specified time. Abraxis is late, as usual.

Venture-Captain Pelligrew seems somewhat distracted as he ushers you in and indicates that you should sit anywhere - the Pinnace is empty at mid-afternoon. "Hmmm. Abraxis not here yet, eh? Well, sit yourselves down! I've got a bit of business to take care of, so we'll give him a few more minutes to darken my door with his angelic hide before we get down to brass tacks!" With these words, spoken in Pelligrew's usual boisterous manner, he slaps an ale down in front of each of you and instructs you to relax and talk amongst yourselves.

You sit at the table looking at each other for a moment, then . . .

[sblock=OOC]The three of you - and Abraxis - know each other at least superficially from your time in training at the Grand Lodge (the Absalom chapter house of the Pathfinder Society). Chat amongst yourselves, toss in some description and dialogue to start establishing personality . . . y'all know how this works![/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa, a young female 5'7" and around 135lbs, makes her way into the bar and sits at the table designated by Pelligrew. She has auburn hair and black eyes. She is covered with clothing so that only her hands and face are showing. She removes her outer cloak and shakes it dry and then returns it to her pack. She drinks the ale offered slowly and looks warily at her counterparts. She will not begin conversation.

grufflehead

First Post
Mustapha's polished mahogany 'skin' gleamed slickly in the light as he opened the Pinnace's front door. Rain dripped off him, leaving damp footprints in his wake as he stepped inside. His well-proportioned frame, a shade under 6 feet tall, was covered by a white robe of cotton, with a matching headdress. Leaving a tall walking staff beside the door, he placed a travelling pack beside it and eased between the empty tables and chairs.

"When I first came to your blessed land"
, he said, addressing Pelligrew in a rich, resonant baritone "I marvelled at the gifts the gods had bestowed upon us from the heavens. Now I wonder if we are in fact paying a debt for the misdeeds of our ancestors". He removed the cotton 'kufiy' from his face and wrung it out, causing another pool of water to gather on the floor.

The brass man's face, sculpted in the likeness of a human, was incapable of the subtle display of emotions of one composed of flesh and blood, yet it still appeared to take on a resigned expression.

"And great indeed is the curse upon the house of Hanif, that it is further tormented by devils who tempt its humble servant at his every turn". He glanced down at the mug of ale Parnham had poured, shaking his head in mock horror. "I brought my own, if you would be so kind as to heat some water...?" he said with a smile, producing a pouch of aromatic leaves from the folds of his 'galabiy'.

Seeing he was not, in fact, the only patron, Mustapha wandered to the occupied table. With a bow, he said "greetings to you, sister. May the prophet - may his name be sung by children to the heavens - ensure your camels always find shelter from the 'zefiri'. I understand we are to be companions in this venture. I am Mustapha bin Hanif al Khyan al Suf bin M'hela, but being called Mustapha would please me greatly".

Bowing once more, he touched his heart, lips and forehead, before taking a seat opposite the dark clad figure.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The burly man's gap teeth show through his bushy red beard as he grins at Mustapha. "I've got no time for that, laddie! You'll find a pot in the cabinet under the bar, the third barrel from the left on the port side's water, and the fire's well banked. Back in a moment!"

He hurries out the door on his mysterious errand, apparently leaving you to your own devices until his return.

grufflehead

First Post
Mustapha rose from his seat beside Lerissa, and nodded his thanks to the big man. He made his way round the bar, and retrieved a pot which he filled with water from the barrel and suspended over the fire by a chain.

'If I spoke of misfortune before, it is as nothing compared to the joy of being able to brew tea so readily' he said smoothly, without looking at the dark-skinned woman. 'In my lands, short of magic, such a luxury may only be enjoyed in the city, or at the oasis, whereas here...' he spread his hands and gestured expansively. 'Perhaps you would care for some?' he enquired, beginning to measure some of the leaves from his pouch.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sitting in the corner watching Mustapha make idle conversation look like an art, Leaf starts to smile. {{ I have spent so much time alone after the... after that day. This will be better for me. Thank you Gozreh}} he says to himself.

"Some tea would be very pleasent, Mustapha. Is there some for everyone?" Leaf asks leaning out the shadowy corner into the light. His tall, broad frame and bald head are shaded in greys that help with his being partially hidin. It is the goliath's demeanor that really contributes though. Quiet, soft spoken, and patient are some of the words heard when asked to describe the over seven foot tall Gozrearian.

His equipment lies close to hand and a glass of water sits on the table in front of him.

mleibrock

First Post
Lerissa

Lerissa looks up, surprised that Mustapha seems to be addressing her with familiarity. Before she can even decline his offer her attention is diverted to what can only be called "a giant" who has just appeared from the shadows. Instead of answering, she will intently watch the interaction with the new aquaintance to see what may be learned from these two.

grufflehead

First Post
'A ghuul has more honour than one who would refuse such a request, my friend', said Mustapha turning to face the hulking figure, a broad smile spreading across his face. Rising from his position by the fire, Mustapha strode over to Leaf, offered his right hand and rose to his full height in order to kiss the goliath on the right cheek, the left, and then once more on the right.

Stepping back a pace, he said 'the Prophet - may his teachings shine on us like the rays of the sun - has blessed me with your presence this day. You are well? '

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I am," Leaf says with a bit of embrassement by the trsditional greeting. "Now that the training is over I wish to serve the Pathfinders."

Sitting back down Leaf looks over to the female covered from head to toe in clothing. He looks down at his own bare chest, the markings of Gozreh plain. {{I will wear armor in battle but I would never dress such as that.}} he thinks to himself.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: FYI that I am here and following along, and hopefully can get my PC completed and start participating this weekend.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases