Recruitment: Zombies...Day One

Felix1459

First Post
Introduction: The time is now. The city: Sacramento, California. The world is as you know it, technology is as is. The campaign will start with your character on day one. You'll be going through your daily routine when it happens...Zombies attack!!! It's up to you from there. Goal? Survival. Please include a brief background with your character...are they a parent on their way to work? A Policeman just getting off the night shift? A teenager on his way to school? Whatever. The game will start just after 6:00 am so wherever or whatever your character would normally be doing is where you'll start. List family and friends and you're starting location.

Books: D20 Modern and Urban Arcana (for weapons, feats, starting occupations & character classes).

PL: Current tech available.

Races: Human. (Perhaps Zombie if you get turned, until you can create another character and join back in the mayhem).

Ability Scores: 36 point-buy in.
Attribute Score_____Cost
8________________0 pts.
9________________1 pts.
10_______________2 pts.
11_______________3 pts.
12_______________4 pts.
13_______________5 pts.
14_______________6 pts.
15_______________8 pts.
16_______________10 pts.
17_______________13 pts.
18_______________16 pts.

Starting Level: Level 1. Max HP with ALL Action Points.

Wealth and Additional Equipment: Roll as normal.

Open Slots: All slots open. This will be a game of survival. As mentioned earlier, if you die: play as your Zombie-self until you come up with another character to play as (who'll join in at -1 level from the rest of the party). You don't have to stick with the party either...if you think they're going the wrong way then feel free t o venture out on your own (though there is safety in numbers).

FREE FEAT: All characters get Armor Proficiency (light) as a free feat. (You’ll notice this will be a recurring theme in my games). I also allow the Moonlighting feat (which allows you to choose two starting occupations) and Ambidextrous feat (which brings the two weapon fighting penalty down by 2 and you don’t imply the -4 penalty for using a weapon in your offhand).

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Interesting movie themed game. I'm in.
Here's my characert sheet. Jack the Lumberjack. Big guy with a chainsaw. Will write background up later today.

Code:
 Name: Jack
Tough Heroe 1

Str: 16 +3 (6p.)     Level: 1        XP: 0
Dex: 14 +2 (4p.)     BAB: +0         Hit points: 10+3+3= 16
Con: 16 +3 (10p.)     Grapple: +3     Wound points: 16
Int: 12 +1 (2p.)          
Wis: 14 +2 (2p.)     Init: +2     
Cha:  8 -2 (1p.)        

Defense:  15 = 10 base + 1 class + 2 dex +2 armor
Ranged: +2
Melee: +3

Unarmed: +5 for 1d6+3
Chain saw: +4 for 3d6+4 19-20 critical

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      1     +3          +4
Ref:                       0     +2          +2
Will:                      0     +2          +2

Languages: Chinese, English

Feats: Brawl (Occupation), Simple weapon prof (Class), Exotic Weapon 

prof, Toughness, Armor prof light (free) 

Skill Points: 12       Max Ranks: 4/2
Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Spot                       4    +2          +6
Profesion                  4    +2          +6
Climb                      4    +3          +7

Talents:
Remain conscious

Equipment:               
Chain saw
Pepper Spray
Caltrops
Bolt cutter
Duct tape
First aid kit
Backpack
Rope
Flashlight
Pullup pouch vest (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2389514/ 

drops wealth by 1)

Wealth: 1+4+2d4(6 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2389508/): 10 

(-1 from equipment)

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 190 lb.
Eyes: black
Face Hair: Black
Skin: tanned

renau1g

First Post
Super interested. If there's one thing I love more than D&D it's zombies. I played in one RL modern game with this set-up as well. I might have to revive Sir Reginald Hawthorne III, big game hunter, for this one (the original died from DM burnout, not zombie bites ironically)...or perhaps I can just play myself, a young guy who's watched/read way too much zombie stuff. I'll dig my modern stuff out of storage

Last edited:

Felix1459

First Post
Looks good Voda Vosa...only thing...you still have 11 points to spend on abilities...

Oops...yeah I was looking at the costs before I even looked at the actual ability stats. Every thing else looks great. Looking forward to the background.

Renau1g glad to have you aboard.

renau1g

First Post
WIP - will go with the zombie nerd, even calls himself Max in homage to his idol Max Brooks. ;)

Code:
 Name: Max
Strong Hero 1

Str: 16 +3 (10p.)     Level: 1        XP: 0
Dex: 16 +3 (10p.)     BAB: +1         Hit points: 8+2= 10
Con: 14 +2 (6p.)     Grapple: +3     Wound points: 14
Int: 16 +3 (10p.)          
Wis: 8 -1 (0p.)     Init: +3     
Cha:  8 -1 (0p.)        

Defense:  16 = 10 base + 1 class + 3 dex +2 armor * +1 vs. melee attacks
Ranged: +4
Melee: +4

Katana: +4 for 2d6+4, 19-20 critical
Glock 17 autoloader: +5 for 2d6, 20 critical, range 30 ft
Winchester 94 Hunting Rifle: +4 for 2d10, 20 critical, range 90 ft.
Benelli 121 M1: +4 for 2d8, 20 critical, range 40 ft.

Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:                      1     +3          +4
Ref:                       0     +3          +3
Will:                      0     -1          -1

Languages:  English

Feats: Personal Firearms Prof. (Occupation), Simple weapon prof (Class), Exotic Weapon prof (katana), Defensive Martial Arts, Armor prof light (free) 

Skill Points: 24       Max Ranks: 4/2
Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total
Climb                      2    +3          +5
Computer Use          3    +3           +6
Profession               2     -1           +1
Jump                      2    +3          +5
Know(curnt events)  2    +3          +5
Listen/Spot             1   -1           +0
Search                   3     +3         +6
Tumble                   2    +3          +5

Talents:
Melee Smash

Equipment:               
Katana (drops wealth by 1)
Winchester 94 Hunting Rifle (drops wealth by 1) - 200 rounds
Glock 17 autoloader (drops wealth by 1) - 100 rounds
Benelli 121 M1 (drops wealth by 1) - 50 rounds
Light undercover shirt (drops wealth by 1)
Crank-powered Radio
Matches (in waterproof tin)
Hiking Boots
Extra Socks
Quart Water Bottle
Water Purification Tablets
Flashlight (and 12 spare C batteries)
Poncho 
Map (of U.S.)
Compass
First Aid Kit
Crowbar
Backpack
BMX Bike
Binoculars
Rope
Sleeping Bag
Knife
Handheld manual can-opener

Wealth: 5
[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2393357/]Starting Wealth bonus (2d4 2=7)[/url] +2 for profession -4 equipment

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 168 lb.
Eyes: blue
Face Hair: none
Skin: pale

Family: Mother, Father, and 13 year old brother, Kevin. 
Friends: Mostly known by screen names, but there's one local guy, nicknamed, Romeroisagod, who Jim's had a coffee with on occasion. He lives on the south side of the city, Jim on the north, closer to the rural parts of the state.

[sblock=Background]
Jim "Max" Vance was a typical teen, loving movies, a bit of underage drinking, and of course girls. He was in his senior year at Hiram W. Johnson High School when he discovered a book that changed his life. The book was called "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks. Jim had always enjoyed zombie movies, and picked this up on a lark at the local mega-bookstore. After reading it, Jim knew that he had to prepare himself for what was only a matter of time. His parents scoffed at him as he discussed his plans with them and what they needed to do, especially when he suggested cashing in their IRA's and re-mortgaging the house to finance his proposed stronghold in Alaska. After months of preparation, and subsequently dropping out of school, Jim's parents kicked him out of the house. He managed to crash with a friend for a few days, until he became too annoying for his friend with constant talk about escape plans A through E, never having just one. After working a few part-time jobs and scraping by in a flea-bag apartment, Jim caught onto an idea. He launched a website that would become a cult favourite. He would comb through newspapers around the world and identify "suspicious stories" that might indicate a potential cover-up. Turns out there were a lot of like-minded people out there and he spent most of his waking hours online, discussing theories, possible zombpocalypse scenarios, etc, etc. This morning, like every morning, Jim was waking up at 5:30 to get ready for the day, grabbing a light breakfast and a quick shower, before sitting at his trusty computer to begin his daily ritual of checking the online editions of the papers when he heard a siren in the background, he ignored it, but then heard another, and another. His curiosity got the better of him and Jim ran to the window, looking outside. What he saw was way more than he expected...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Felix1459

First Post
Magic is always a possibility but I was just going for a no holds barred Dawn of the Dead type game. Y'know, Zombies everywhere trying to eat your brains!!!

Voda Vosa

First Post
Jack is a simple man. He grew up in his grandparent's farm, alongside his parents, uncles, cousins... and a long list of relatives. He was raised with the good ol' values of the past.
He was always the biggest of the children in the house. As he grew up, he took care of the most exhausting tasks in the farm. He even pulled the cows into the corrals, as he didn't like the electric stunguns.
He enjoyed cutting wood and carving things in it, so he always wondered the woods with his woodaxe, choosing the finest wood.
As years passed, and his grandparents died, his family modernized and most left the farm, leaving most jobs for him, until only he remained. Of course he could manage all tasks in the farm, but administrative issues, selling and buying things was not something that came easy to him.
Eventually, he had to sell the farm to support his debts.
He found job quite fast though, as lumberjack. Luberjack is what he was born for! They gave him a chainsaw, a big one, and since that day on, the legend of Jack the Lumberjack was born.
Of course it was something like a limited legend, only known to other lumberjacks, as Jack was more effective than the modern machines.
Dressed in a red shirt with black boxes, a pair of jeans, working shoes, a red wool hat and a leather jacket, Jack the Lumberjack reports for duty at 5 AM, and sings out at 8 PM.
At 9 PM he was eating at a local place for truck drivers on the road when IT started....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases