Hybrid Sorcerer Question or Does a Hybrid actually get a build option?

Marshall

First Post
After downloading todays update I loaded up my Hybrid Sorcerer to see if they had fixed some of the numerous bugs introduced in the last update.

Much to my surprise, It turns out that my Sorcerer is now Houseruled! Uh, say what?

Looking thru the build I discover that, lo and behold, Tempest Magic is now illegal for a Hybrid Sorcerer with Hybrid Talent Storm Soul. Again I say, say what?

If this interpretation holds true it means that Hybrid classes are NEVER considered to have a build option and therefore do NOT gain any of the build option riders on their class powers. Uh, say what?

I dont get it. You're already taking a weak option, Hybrid. Adding on a feat tax, Hybrid Talent. Now you want to deprive them of even their class identity? Deprive them of even the ability to pursue a class identity? Why?

Tell me this is a bug! Or just rip out the Hybrid rules from my copy of PHB3 please!

Amaroq

Community Supporter
I believe that he has to take a Hybrid Talent from the other class - the same way his L5 Daily has to be from the opposite class as his L1 Daily. I might be wrong, new to the hybrid stuff as we all are.

Cheesepie

First Post
As a hybrid sorcerer, you can take Soul of the Sorcerer as a Hybrid Talent option. It gives you one of the various Soul subfeatures (which is the part that gives you resistance(s) and resistance piercing), and you are considered to have the associated Spell Source for the purpose of meeting prerequisites and using the benefits tailored for it in certain powers.

So if you pick Storm Soul, you for all intents and purposes have the Storm Magic class feature, and thus qualify for build riders on powers and such, but you ONLY have Storm Soul and none of the other benefits that Storm Magic typically provides.

So, yes, you can qualify for build riders as a hybrid sorcerer, but no, you can never get the full Spell Source class feature.

Kaledor

First Post
So, yes, you can qualify for build riders as a hybrid sorcerer, but no, you can never get the full Spell Source class feature.

To the OP: There must be a bug. I just tried creating a (human) hybrid sorcerer and it allowed me to take the Tempest Magic feat as long as I also had selected the Hybrid Talent (Storm Soul). So like Cheesepie said, when you select the Hybrid Talent Feat, you get to choose one of the Soul of the Sorcerer powers. The powers are diluted forms available to the regular sorcerer, but they still give you access to any feats, paths, and powers that would require that prereq.

Cheesepie

First Post
If you created your hybrid sorcerer in an older version using the playtest rules, it's quite likely you'll have to recreate it from scratch with the latest version.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases